Author Topic: Capcom Independent Wiki Alliance  (Read 8961 times)

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Capcom Independent Wiki Alliance
« on: December 04, 2010, 03:35:36 AM »
I don't know how to go about suggesting such an alliance as I'm not a member of any Capcom wikis, but I know of three independent Capcom wikis that could potentially form an alliance.

- Okami World Wiki
- Megaman Mush
- Bionic Commando Database

Such an alliance would have so much potential to grow. There have been many talks on NIWA about an Ace Attorney Wiki; well Ace Attorney is a Capcom franchise. Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, and Viewtiful Joe all have enough content for an independent wiki. That's at least eight potential wikis, three of which already exist.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Capcom Independent Wiki Alliance
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:36:11 AM »
It's certainly possible.

Out of curiosity, do you know about the Mega Man Network.

if so, i am wondering What's the difference between the two wikis, and am wondering if there a possiblity for MMN to join, should the IWA ever form.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:41:16 AM »
Hmm... I wasn't even aware of the Mega Man Network. They do have more articles and a larger community so they would probably get the first opportunity to join. Anyway, this alliance would probably be a logical next step if SEIWA were to materialize.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »
Hmm... I wasn't even aware of the Mega Man Network. They do have more articles and a larger community so they would probably get the first opportunity to join. Anyway, this alliance would probably be a logical next step if SEIWA were to materialize.

yeap. We are setting dominos, that if one falls into place, they all do....

Kingdom Hearts Wiki -> helps give rise to SEIWA -> helps encourage other IWA's to form 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:08:52 PM by tacopill »

Offline HavocReaper48

• The Falcon Punch Master
  • Donkey Kong Wiki Staff
  • Orly?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:56:10 AM »

Offline leem01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »
The CIWA? The idea of an umbrella organization would work but between IWA's, I'd just like to find a simple affiliate system. When NIWA was created, was the idea of IWA's then or has it evolved. Do we want NIWA with 15 wikis or even more to share the limelight with.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:33:52 PM »
The idea has evolved and become more fine tunned of time; Although i am sure Archaic had the idea of an Inter-IWA organization in the back of his mind since this started.

The way i see it, and i think Archaic would agree with me: is to have umbrella organization that have representation from all IWA's who are accepted by the organization and who have choose themselves to be part of it. This is similar to how NIWA chooses it's members.

essecially, a meta-iwa.

Offline ToastUltimatum

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Also Staff on F-Zero Wiki and Lylat Wiki
    • View Profile
    • SmashWiki Userpage
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 11:48:06 PM »
This place is interesting: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Main_Page

It may not strictly be Capcom, but they do have this on the main page: "The Shoryuken.com Wiki is intended to be a repository for all fighting game strategy knowledge. While our roots are in the Capcom franchises, we invite fans of all fighting game series to augment the site with their strategies and techniques."

So this is still theoretically possible, although Okami World Wiki blows. That abysmal wreck would need a lot of work before becoming part of an IWA.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »
Hahaha this was from forever ago. I don't even recall starting this :P I'm pretty sure that wiki was a little better two years ago