Author Topic: Star Fox Wii or Star Fox HD?  (Read 14034 times)

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
  • Non-English Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
Star Fox Wii or Star Fox HD?
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »
So, it seems the only "new" Star Fox game in the horizon right now is a remake. It's going to be a very cool remake on a very cool brand new console, but still a remake of an old plot nonetheless. Ever since Star Fox Command, people have been asking where does the storyline really flow from there? The game made it so confusing with its nine super different endings.

Even after Star Fox 64 3D was unveilled, people are still anticipating the possibility that the true next Star Fox game will soon be announced, and more specifically for the Wii. Apparently, there seems to be no signs from any of the major console makers that they are to release successors soon, so it seems we are going to be stuck with the Wii for a couple more years at most. Then again, certain game series tend to skip consoles all the time. I'm pretty sure we never got to play any Metroid games on the Nintendo 64, albeit Samus Aran was in Super Smash Bros., but it wasn't a Metroid game, was it?

Anyway, what is the point I'm trying to make? Well, just that perhaps to know what you people may prefer. Regardless how the canon may continue, where and when do you guys prefer your next Star Fox game be? Do you guys prefer there be another game sooner, for the Wii, or allow Nintendo to take their time and release it later, for the next Nintendo console? By the way, Nintendo promised that the next console will most definitely support HD graphics that time around! Imagine how cool it would look with space textures and stuff!

I would have also mentioned a Star Fox 3D, but it looks like we're already getting one. Unless, of course, Nintendo might surprise us with another Star Fox game for the Nintendo 3DS! However, what's the likelihood of that right now if the games they already announced are in the works for being released soon enough?

So, what do you guys suppose anyway?
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Star Fox Wii or Star Fox HD?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
I'd love a star fox game in HD, so long as it was a Rail-Shooter like the Original and 64.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 03:36:48 AM »
I'd love a star fox game in HD, so long as it was a Rail-Shooter like the Original and 64.

this

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 02:30:13 AM »
Maybe by taking a cue from Assault, another Star Fox game could bring back the on-foot ground-based parts. Maybe do it up Metal Slug-style, with Fox, Falco, and the others going around blasting enemies, and using any Arwings or Landmasters they may run into.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 03:15:11 AM »
Maybe by taking a cue from Assault, another Star Fox game could bring back the on-foot ground-based parts. Maybe do it up Metal Slug-style, with Fox, Falco, and the others going around blasting enemies, and using any Arwings or Landmasters they may run into.

I want to see the Blue Marine return

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 03:16:52 AM »
Yes, throw that into it too. Could be redesigned to look more like an actual submarine too. It looked too funky before. And more bodies of water in other planets to explore with it.

Or maybe add more weapons in addition to the ones from Assault.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:34 AM »
The Wii U would be a nice system for Starfox, but I'd love to see a level with an EMP emitter that blocks all technology, & requires Krystal and Fox to tag-team it using her staff while fighting atop a giant monster.

In the end of the level, Falco suggests they detonate the bombs manually, and Slippy is impressed that Falco thought of the idea when Slippy thought the situation was hopeless without technology.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:13:05 AM by Tattletale1 »
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 12:59:54 AM »
(Apologies for replying to dead topic, but this whole forum is dead anyway)

I'd prefer an HD Star Fox since the Wii is now basically a dead system.

Offline Starphoria

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Icaruspedia
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »
I think Retro Studios is rumored to be making Star Fox Wii U by the same person who rumored they were making a DK Game, it isn't confirmed, just rumored
- Administrator of Starfy Wiki
- Administrator of F-Zero Wiki
- Director of Icaruspedia
- Supporter of NIWA

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 08:03:14 PM »
nothing's certain until it happens. all i know is the more star fox the better