Author Topic: DAWN - Developmental Alliance for Wikis on Nintendo  (Read 23159 times)

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Re: DAWN - Developmental Alliance for Wikis on Nintendo
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 01:21:30 AM »
Wario Wiki doesn't show up on my computer probably because the domain name is so new or something. The other two main pages are polished. I'm just saying it should be more than a header and a sentence. Chances are, if a main page has images, color, boxes, or templates, it will be considered polished.

On a side note, these are all great questions, but this thread is probably not the best place to ask them. For example, if someone has the same question, it would be difficult for them to navigate through a thread to find the information they are looking for. A better place for specific questions would probably be D.A.W.N.'s questions page. This thread is better for conceptual questions and suggestions for the alliance.

Edit: WarioInc's main page is fine.

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 01:51:53 AM »
The minimum number of articles is 25, so none are eligable...

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 02:28:50 AM »
My goodness, so many new wikis. I hope they all get the attention they need to grow and prosper. Good luck to you all :)

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »
The minimum number of articles is 25, so none are eligable...
I know that. But hopefully they will eventually reach 25 articles, and so its for the best if we already know they're main page is good enough.

I don't know if Yoshipedia is actually planning to join DAWN, btw. Those sorts of thingymajigs are up to SuperAlpaca.

EDIT: Just checked Super's user page. Yoshipedia is planning to join DAWN eventually.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:34:36 PM by Manga Maniac »

Offline Torchickens

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
Hi KidIcarus, I do not plan on joining balloon.wikkii.com with DAWN. The reason being that no real community there exists and I feel that manipulation of the growth of Wikis without a community is wrong. I appreciate DAWN's respect for small-scale communities like for the contributors of Nintendogs Wikia and Drawn To Life Wiki (whom would appreciate small grammar fixes for instance) though the concept of nurturing brand-new Wikis without a community into an alliance seemed a little baseless. I think these brand-new Wikis should wait for a community (if they come at all) first and people should edit for an interest in the series, not just for the sake of their development. (Your message went off of the revision history and I couldn't see it, sorry!)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:54:22 AM by Torchickens »
Hello. I identify as female. She/her pronouns please. :)

(credits to Moydow)

I spend a lot of my time making videos about Pokémon glitches on my Youtube channel ChickasaurusGL.

I'm the editor in chief of Starfy Wiki. Let me know or Tappy know of any bugs or other concerns. :)

Discord: Torchickens #3213
Twitter: Torchickens
Email: [email protected]

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 01:16:23 AM »
KidIcarus, how about setting up a forum or something similar on DAWN's wikkii site? It could just be the one thread, about just general wiki matters, in order to boost the sense of community.

Offline Archaic

• Bulbagarden Webmaster
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bulbagarden
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 01:21:40 AM »
After deliberations amongst the staff, we've come to a decision that further discussion of DAWN here on the NIWA forums is not appropriate, and that the presence of this topic here may lead to misunderstandings from those outside NIWA that we condone or support your group. We feel that you would be best off in taking discussions of DAWN to another forum, perhaps one you may start yourselves.

If you want to discuss this decision, I suggest contacting either myself or Axiomist via PM or Skype.