Author Topic: Yoshipedia  (Read 20333 times)

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
  • Talk to me. :)
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
Re: Yoshipedia
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:34 AM »
Just to join NIWA. There are many benefits to joining that you can't get just from a thread like this. Why would members assist a wiki acting in spite of a member, though? We help members the most. Of course, the wiki's right to exist is undisputed. However, to join, it would need SMW approval first and foremost. The rest of us have to approve too, though.

Bureaucrat of

Offline Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 03:35:33 AM »
Yoshi's Safari, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy (AKA Yoshi's Universal Gravitation), and Yoshi's Story don't have Mario in them.
Safari title screen: http://www.mariowiki.com/File:Yoshi%27s_Safari_Title.png [It's a FPS from Mario's POV]

And Yoshi's Story & YTT/YUG both have Bowser as the villain [I said Mario characters, not just Mario]. c.f. DK, who has his own set of stock villains, etc.

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 07:11:59 PM »
I have a question. Is Yoshipedia going to cover the Yoshi game, Yoshi's Cookie, or just the Island games?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think adult Mario or adult Luigi actually appear in the Yoshi series, so while they're on the Wanted Pages list, I'm not really sure if they deserve their own pages separate from Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
Mario and Luigi are both playable alongside Yoshi in Super Mario World.

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 08:27:42 PM »
Do you mean the first Super Mario World, or Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island? (Man, that name is unnecessarily long). As far as I know, the first game isn't really part of the Yoshi series, so appearing in that wouldn't make them eligible for an article in a Yoshi wiki. While Yoshi is in Super Mario World, I still wouldn't put it as part of the series. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
Well, they don't have to be long articles, but I think it's nice to at least give a short summary of adult Mario and adult Luigi describing their connection to Yoshi the character.

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 08:54:36 PM »
If we're just going to do a short summary on the adult versions, we could always do it in the Baby articles. Just a sentence or two, you know. (Perhaps under "History"? Or maybe even the lead?) At any rate, the articles look thin a bit as it is, so including the adults in the Baby articles might help fatten up the content, if you get what I mean.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 09:02:43 PM »
Yeah, that might be good. And if that section ever gets too large, it can always be spun-off into its own article. It's up to Super Alpaca when he gets a chance to look at it.

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »
At any rate, I created an article for the series as a whole and one for Baby Luigi. I also implemented a category system. What does everyone think (the categorisation system especially)?

Also, does anyone know any good images for Baby Luigi from the Yoshi series that don't have any other annoying people in the image and is of good size? The one currently there is the best I could find at the time, and I think it'd be better to have one from the series the wiki is about.

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 01:54:21 AM »
Well, there is the one of him getting kidnapped...

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 11:04:44 AM »
Are there any images of Baby Luigi that don't involve him constantly getting kidnapped?
Darnit.

Btw, thanks for making me admin, Super. And we just reached 20 articles :D.