Author Topic: "Official" BEST Designed Pokemon?  (Read 23141 times)

Offline Ambiance

• View Profile
"Official" BEST Designed Pokemon?
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »
The same as my previous topic except this time we obviously discuss the best designed Pokemon.
The traits of a well designed Pokemon? Here they are :laugh::

Good name (not important)
Good artwork design (VERY important)
Original

I personally think Vespiquen is a very well designed Pokemon. She does in fact resemble a queen and her name is very well chosen. Also, her special move-pool is fitting.

Another well designed bug? Butterfree in my opinion. I like how it had a special move pool that utilises it's ability from Gen 3 onwards (Compound Eyes allows it to have higher accuracy, and many of it's moves are status inducing moves with 55-75% accuracy)
Although his stats are a bit low, that doesn't matter much in terms of design.

I also think Espeon had a very interesting design as well, being a somewhat feline Psychic (or, really a "nekomata")
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:39:30 PM by Ambiance »

Offline Garlic Man

• Fluent Japanese Speaker
    • View Profile
Re: "Official" BEST Designed Pokemon?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:40:44 PM »
Most of the first generation and a bunch of the second generation. (it starts deteriorating from there... although Lucario is good.)

Offline Ambiance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:51:41 PM »
I agree, kind of. I disagree that Gen 1 was the best. I just think that people are too used to it. Some of
Gen 1 was overall simple and uncreative, just easy for the eyes to follow. I like Gen 2 overall. Gen 3 is horribly designed in my opinion (I do like Jirachi though :P)
And I also like Gen 4, as it had many creative Pokemon (and of course, a few uncreative ones.....Bidoof, Chimchar)

Offline Jing412

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 11:33:31 PM »
well one of my personall favorite designed pokemon is Scizor just looks awsome, also Lucario is designed good as well

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:12:30 AM »
Gen I together with II, and most of the new evolutions introduced.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline hateichikage

• View Profile
    • Pokémon: Council of Legends RPG
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 02:37:29 AM »
Generation I, I would say is the furthest in terms of superiority in this respect, Generation II was a close runner-up... Generation III had a few really incredible designs, and Generation IV had a very limited amount of superior designs.
?????

Offline Garlic Man

• Fluent Japanese Speaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 03:07:23 AM »
Generation I, I would say is the furthest in terms of superiority in this respect, Generation II was a close runner-up... Generation III had a few really incredible designs, and Generation IV had a very limited amount of superior designs.
I sense a pattern...

Offline Ambiance

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 05:12:40 AM »
I sense a pattern...

Hahaha   ;D
But I do like Sinnoh much better then Hoenn.
I still agree that Sinnoh was weird looking creatures, while Kanto and Johto have more normal looking Pokemon. Let's hope that this changes, although it probably will not. After all, look at the new Gen V Pokemon unveiled....

Offline Candar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »
Another well designed bug? Butterfree in my opinion. I like how it had a special move pool that utilises it's ability from Gen 3 onwards (Compound Eyes allows it to have higher accuracy, and many of it's moves are status inducing moves with 55-75% accuracy)
Although his stats are a bit low, that doesn't matter much in terms of design.

Except for this:

Offline Ambiance

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 05:44:22 AM »
I read some interview in which Venomoth was created AFTER Butterfree. Although Venonat DOES look like Butterfree and probably was the prototype pre evolve form of Butterfree....Seriously, why make Venonat so much like Butterfree? It is weird....

Offline Candar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 08:45:58 AM »
I read some interview in which Venomoth was created AFTER Butterfree. Although Venonat DOES look like Butterfree and probably was the prototype pre evolve form of Butterfree....Seriously, why make Venonat so much like Butterfree? It is weird....

I believe that Venomoth was created second because thats the way it ended up, honestly the whole thing is probably just a matter of there being really a lot of common design elements between all the gen I pokemon. What gets me about it though is how similar venonat and butterfree are AND how similar metapod is to venomoth as well - look at the eyes, thorax and the number of horns. If it was just one pairing the argument would be much less convincing.

Offline Ambiance

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 04:44:06 AM »
I know that's weird........Maybe they created Venonat and Caterpie and Metapod then decided that Butterfree should evolve from a chrysalis. So they filled up Venonat's evolution with Venomoth?

Offline ??s?????c

• Bulbapedia Staff
  • ?_?
    • View Profile
    • Bulbagarden.
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 06:52:29 AM »
Most of the first generation and a bunch of the second generation. (it starts deteriorating from there...)
I agree 100% :P

Offline UltimateSephiroth

• a.k.a. Soulweaver
  • Bulbapedia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »
I like the designs of Charizard, Scizor, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, and Froslass the most.

Offline mtn_otter

• Robot, Philosopher, Redneck, Cynic, Psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 02:12:50 AM »
The Eevee family have always been my favorites.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dragon type eon in gen V.
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

Offline Ambiance

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 08:02:59 AM »
The Eevee family have always been my favorites.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dragon type eon in gen V.

Agreed, and it is the only Eevee left since Eevee evolutions aren't based on the old "phsyical types", so the next Eeveelution will probably be Dracoeon (or something like that :P!) . I wonder how it would look ><

Eevee has always been my favorite evolution line...lines....

Offline murdokdracul

• Sandslash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 09:54:45 PM »
What about Girafarig? It's pretty cool.
Murdok Dracul

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 04:08:21 PM »
Ditto because it can look like anything