Author Topic: Your Opinions on Black and White  (Read 31369 times)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Your Opinions on Black and White
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 10:31:55 PM »
Frankly, the best way to improve these games is to restore the ability to rebattle Gym Leaders, and allow a process to age yourself 5-10 years and get married to a notable NPC.
The paired version never lets you rebattle Gym Leaders, I don't think.

"restore" doesn't have to mean paired-to-paired, or first-pair to first-pair. It could be simply version-to-version.

Also, HeartGold/Soulsilver allows you to rebattle all 16 gym leaders.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 01:10:06 PM »
Very meh, Took me three days to get around to beating the first gym. All the Pokémon I want to use I can't get tell Route 4 at the earliest.
Only three days?! It took me that long to beat the game.
best paired version since gen 3
by the way I think they will remake frirered leafgreen AND ruby saphire emerald
storyline was not as good as gen 4's but still cool
graphics are revlotionary.
I have to agree with you for the first part.
The gym leaders were at least invovled in the story than most other games. thaats what make it better.

The animations of some gen 4 pokemon = down look really cool (celebi giratina)
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
Frankly, the best way to improve these games is to restore the ability to rebattle Gym Leaders, and allow a process to age yourself 5-10 years and get married to a notable NPC.

"restore" doesn't have to mean paired-to-paired, or first-pair to first-pair. It could be simply version-to-version.

The difference with HGSS though is that they are remakes. iirc, the rematch system (not counting the E4) was introduced in GSC, so they were basically 'improving' on it.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »

The difference with HGSS though is that they are remakes. iirc, the rematch system (not counting the E4) was introduced in GSC, so they were basically 'improving' on it.

Yea. The idea of re-battling was introduced in G/S.

And, oddly, i miss it in B/W.

My opinion still stands though. They've had some form of it in almost every version from Gen II onward. For them to go and remove it in Gen V.... seems odd.

Offline Jing412

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 07:52:04 PM »
I love them so far, the story actually drives the game, some of the small things like the pokemon constantly moving, some of the different camera angles they show while crossing the bridges, and the music was really good, team plasma easily has one of the best villain battle themes in the franchise, while some of the pokemon designs I didn't like (gears, really ???) others are just awsome (Braviary) overall one of the best in the series, though if there is a third version, I'm sure it will have some sort of rematching system

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 11:03:15 PM »
Huh? There's rebattling in B/W. It's limited (like it was in G/S/C), but it's there. The stadiums in Nimbasa City, along with the Ferris Wheel trainer. There's others too, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind the most.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 08:01:08 PM »
Huh? There's rebattling in B/W. It's limited (like it was in G/S/C), but it's there. The stadiums in Nimbasa City, along with the Ferris Wheel trainer. There's others too, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind the most.

then it might be a limited instance re-battling, where as each trainer can be re-battled infinite times, but they don't get any better over time).

This is different from progressive re-battling, which you versus someone 2 or 3 more times, and they have gotten better each time. 

(note: these are my terms for them, not official)

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »
I don't like how you have to beat the gyms to go on. Overall these games feel like a HUGE step back.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:22:33 PM by Mr._L »

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 06:28:52 AM »
Well, I got the game last Friday. Rushed through the gyms and had finished them by the end of Saturday. I now have over 30 hours gameplay.

I like the games but hate two Pokemon from Gen V. Trubbish and Garbador.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 02:45:05 AM »
Well, I got the game last Friday. Rushed through the gyms and had finished them by the end of Saturday. I now have over 30 hours gameplay.

What the hell is wrong with you, those are the coolest.

You're just a hater.

MY YABUKURON WILL CRUSH YOU.

I don't like how you have to beat the gyms to go on. Overall these games feel like a HUGE step back.
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard! Of course you have to bloody beat the gyms! It's the whole point of the entire freaking series!

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 03:33:31 AM »

You're just a hater.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard! Of course you have to bloody beat the gyms! It's the whole point of the entire freaking series!

What I ment is you can't leave the city until you beat the gym, I can't get into the forest to get a fighting type to help me beat the second gym.

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »

You're just a hater.

What I ment is you can't leave the city until you beat the gym, I can't get into the forest to get a fighting type to help me beat the second gym.

You don't have to go into the forest. You can find a Throh/Sawk in the area outside the forest, which you can access.

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 04:51:21 AM »
Frankly, you don't even need to worry so much about type advantage. Just do a bit of level grinding on some neutral Pokemon (get a Purrloin to Level 20, for example), and you can easily take down the second gym. Right now my team on Pokemon Black has (or will have in the near future):
Waruvial (Dark/Ground), Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying), Lampent (Ghost/Fire), Frillish (Ghost/Water), Larvesta (Bug/Fire), and Deino (Dark/Dragon). Is it a rounded team? Goodness no, but with enough elbow grease and level grinding and you can easily sweep the Elite Four with it.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 01:57:19 AM »
Frankly, you don't even need to worry so much about type advantage. Just do a bit of level grinding on some neutral Pokemon (get a Purrloin to Level 20, for example), and you can easily take down the second gym. Right now my team on Pokemon Black has (or will have in the near future):
Waruvial (Dark/Ground), Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying), Lampent (Ghost/Fire), Frillish (Ghost/Water), Larvesta (Bug/Fire), and Deino (Dark/Dragon). Is it a rounded team? Goodness no, but with enough elbow grease and level grinding and you can easily sweep the Elite Four with it.
you must like ghost psychic dark types :laugh:

Anyways I still have to go through the undersea ruins but thats about it
I had almost gotten a 21 win streak in single but lost due to no water type :(
I really liked the relocator though it on the DS that had DPPT HGSS on it.
I really liked rotom's animations on this. Some other were cool too but most were the same.
you can get some outside the forest thats what i did
That is true i didnt really like that but it was okay

The landscape looks like real nature route would (routes 6, 8 10 14 the most) the older games were nothing like this
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:06:14 AM by pikachu8090 »
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 03:06:01 AM »
I actually got to an area after the city/town of a badge to train for said badge....

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 04:53:40 AM »
Yea. In a local league, I'm a Dark + Ghost type Gym Leader, and my favorite type is Dark. Honestly though, you could take on Lenora with a Magikarp or a Luvdisc if you cared enough.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
Yea. In a local league, I'm a Dark + Ghost type Gym Leader, and my favorite type is Dark. Honestly though, you could take on Lenora with a Magikarp or a Luvdisc if you cared enough.

Magikarp power, Activate! :D

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
The way I see it, the gameplay and graphics have improved since Gen I while the Pokemon have declined since Gen I.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »
The way I see it, the gameplay and graphics have improved since Gen I while the Pokemon have declined since Gen I.
*nostalgia fanboy alert*

The first Gen of Pokémon (why does everyone forget the "é"?) was easily the worst designed.

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2011, 05:28:33 AM »
*nostalgia fanboy alert*

The first Gen of Pokémon (why does everyone forget the "é"?) was easily the worst designed.

Too much effort to go alt whatever the numbers are.

And how come you say that the older Pokemon were poorly designed? How about the rubbish bag, teddy bear with a runny nose? Are you saying that they are good? Because they are not.