Author Topic: WiKirby Owner and Founder, Axiomist, has passed away  (Read 22248 times)

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
Re: WiKirby Owner and Founder, Axiomist, has passed away
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »
Oh man I have to admit I cried... I just can't believe it... Ax was my first friend at NIWA, I met him even before NIWA, he was always great to the SMW and myself, a great admin, but an even better person. I wish I could have worked with him longer.

Rest In Peace, Axiomist, you shall never be forgotten.

My condolences to everyone.

Offline Jake

• Nookipedia Staff
  • Nookipedia Director / Server Admin
    • View Profile
    • Nookipedia
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
Like many others, Joshua was the first person I met here at NIWA. He helped me to become involved in the community and always gave encouragement and feedback to new wiki startups. Needless to say, Nookipedia would not exist without him. I'm really saddened by this news, and I know that it won't feel the same around here without him. :(

Rest In Peace, Joshua.

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 03:53:57 AM »
thanks everyone. I am crying. This honestly is terrible and supports my theory on the end of the world happening next year. Until that faiteful day, things will only get worse. And good luck WiKirby...

Final Comment:  :'(

Offline Adam

• WiKirby Staff
  • WiKirby owner and Zelda Wiki admin
    • View Profile
    • My user page at Zelda Wiki
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
I'm deeply shocked and saddened to hear Josh is gone so suddenly; I can still hardly take it in. Until today, I'd never expected I could feel such a sense of loss for someone I knew only online. I've long considered Josh a true friend, having known him since he joined Zelda Wiki way back three years ago. We'd worked closely together, particularly since the launch of the wiki project which he was so proud of, and often had lengthy Skype conversations. I'll greatly miss his enthusiasm, ingenuity, and sharp wit and humour. I think it's fair to say that many of us, and indeed NIWA itself, wouldn't be where they are today without his drive and passion.

I will personally ensure that WiKirby stays online and is allowed to continue growing and flourishing; its success stands as a tribute to a truly great and inspirational man.

Offline Peanut64

• Pikmin Fanon Bureaucrat
  • Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pikmin Fanon
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
I feel very sad and will always remember him. Not who he was, no, I didn't know him, but what kind of person he was. He was the first NIWA administrator that really helped me. Not to mention that he helped encourage us at Pikmin Fanon along with Pikipedia to move to NIWA. He was a great person, I just wish I would have talked to him more. :(

Offline Volatile Dweevil

• Pikmin Fanon Staff
  • Pikipedia Staff
  • I'm known as Volatile Dweevil on all NIWA wikis.
    • View Profile
    • Volatile Dweevil's Website
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 09:49:43 PM »
Yeah, he was a great person. Like many others, I didn't personally know him, but I his enthusiastic ideas and friendly were still influencing to me. Amidst the confusion when Pikmin Fanon was trying to become independent, he responded to Peanut's email about NIWA first and helped a lot in clearing things up and allowing Pikmin Fanon as well as Pikipedia to become independent and eventually NIWA members.

RIP, Axiomist.

Offline Omega Tyrant

• SmashWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 12:40:32 AM »
I heard about this today, and while I was looking for the thread about it, I was having trouble finding it until I looked in the staff forums. Shouldn't this thread be available for all NIWA users to see? The whole userbase should have access to this thread, I see no reason for it to be available to the staff only.

Regardless, while I didn't know him personally and thus don't have much to say, R.I.P. Axiomist.

Offline RAP

• Forum Administrator
  • Nintendo Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 04:18:25 AM »
I checked the entry of his death once more and saw this (this message wasn't there before when it was first announced):

"Joshua Paul LeJeune passed away Friday, March 18, 2011 in his residence. He was born June 25, 1980 to Johnnie and Brenda LeJeune. He was a native and lifelong resident of Lake Charles.

Josh was a 1998 graduate of Barbe High School and was employed as a technician at Inland Industrial. He was an Eagle Scout at Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Church. Josh was a very talented graphic designer and artist. He was a respected Zelda theorist, Zelda Wiki admin, NIWA co-founder and Wikirby founder/owner.

He is survived by his mother, Brenda LeJeune of Lake Charles; two sisters, Dawn Daigle and husband, Mark Daigle of Lake Charles, Erica LeJeune and longtime companion Jason Kleven of Lake Charles; step brother, Casey LeJeune of Lake Charles; two nieces, Danika Kleven and Ava Kleven; many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

He is preceded in death by his father, Johnnie P. LeJeune.

Josh was loved by all who knew him. We will remember you for who you were: respected, kindhearted, and caring.

Mass of Christian burial will be held Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM in Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Church. Burial will follow in Consolata Cemetery.

Visitation will be held Tuesday from 1:00 PM-9:00 PM with a rosary at 7:00 PM. Visitation will continue Wednesday at 8:00 AM until time of service."

The funeral has already passed. On Wednesday...that was somewhat fast. Once again, everyone will indeed miss him.

Offline Justin

• Code Junkie
  • Forum Administrator
  • NIWA's official code monkey
    • View Profile
    • Zelda Wiki
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 07:40:54 AM »
Moved to public. Many people knew Josh, and there's no point keeping it in the staff forums when there are many non-staff editors who would care to talk about him.
~~~~
Server bureaucrat of Zelda Wiki. I fix what you break.

Also a tech administrator for Poniverse.

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 05:23:28 PM »
Only spoke to Axiomist a few times in the NIWA chat, but he seemed like an overall decent fellow. He will be missed, but I'm glad to have at least known him for a little while.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »
It seemed like yesterday when I was taunting him that I was catching up to his post count.