Author Topic: WiKirby Owner and Founder, Axiomist, has passed away  (Read 20835 times)

Offline Nathan

• Metroid Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
WiKirby Owner and Founder, Axiomist, has passed away
« on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:16 AM »
Axiomist, known as Joshua P. LeJeune in real life, passed away on March 18, 2011. His sister left a commemoration note on his Facebook yesterday, and after a bit of research, I found that it is in fact true. His viewing is slated for March 22 in a funeral home in his hometown.

He was the first admin I became close with on the site, and the one who really got me consistently looking forward to working at ZW - I didn't know many users back then. I will miss him greatly.

Here is the funeral home's site: http://web1.lovinghonors.com/cgi-bin/CompanyInternal?stdout+115+johnsonfuneralhome.net+102+4+9105:Lcgi_html/

^

I was just made aware of this via the private Zelda Wiki staff boards. He passed away on Friday, March 18th. The cause of death has not been released by the family, but there is the obituary and funeral visitation information. The family has also posted it on their own facebook accounts. So, at this juncture, hoping that this is a farce seems unlikely.

He will be missed.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: WiKirby Owner and Founder, Axiomist, has passed away
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:59:23 AM »
R.I.P. Aximost.

Offline Member#36

• Striving For A Perfect NIWA Unit
  • Retired Staff
  • Kirby, My Favorite Flavor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 05:00:59 AM »
No way, Axiomist died?!  He was one of my best friends on the internet.  The NIWA is going to be very different without him.  The last thing he said to me was that he was going to go for another trip since that's part of his job.  I simply cannot comprehend this right now.  To think, I will never be able to laugh with him again about the band that "stole his name." 

Axiomist, I will miss you.  You were a great friend, and a loyal wiki editor.  Farewell Joshua "Ax The Axe" LeJeune. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:06:53 AM by Member#36 »

Offline Gamefreak75

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Mario Wiki and Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:02:50 AM »
R.I.P. my good friend

You will be greatly missed.

Offline Cipriano 119

• Zelda Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 05:07:34 AM »
I was the one to write the beginning statements in Nathan's post above; Axiomist touched many of the editors in NIWA and externally with his quick wit and staunch work ethic. He will be sorely missed - I, for one, am still influenced by the way he led me into wiki editing... without Ax's encouragement and support, I would most definitely not be where I am now on the wiki... it's just a bit humbling to see that NIWA and ZW will continue on after his passing, with greater support and cohesiveness than before.

Offline SMB

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 05:13:16 AM »
What a shame, to think that such a brilliant mind behind NIWA and a good friend to all of us is gone. NIWA will never be the same... indeed, what a huge loss.

Rest in peace, Ax: a good friend and a good man.

My condolences to the Zelda Wiki and WiKirby communities and the staff that have worked with him for so long. It honestly is bringing tears to my eyes typing this out; I can hardly imagine how many people must be affected by this and how emotionally impacting this must be.

(Credit to Edofenrir for making it.)

Offline RAP

• Forum Administrator
  • Nintendo Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 05:19:25 AM »
Awww man... Axiomist... I'm even more sad today! (cries more)

He is very well known for his Zelda puzzle drawings that are designed to make us think (and eventually rot our brains), and an fan of the Kirby, and The Legend of Zelda series. Non-ZW wiki members only know him for about a year ever since NIWA was debuted, some even with a few months. We first became friends when we talked to each other via PM back in the Bulbapedia forums...something about Zelda as an RPG, genre stuff. He actually guided me very well...in terms of NintendoWiki, personal problems, and encouragement.

Hearing about this, I really wish someone from his family would get his stuff relating to NIWA (you know, notes and plans) so someone else can take his place for WiKirby as he was the founder of it. It would be great to try implementing the stuff he has written out before passing away.

You will be indeed very missed.

(plays "This Broken Soul", a sad song from The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night - provided by me)

Offline Edofenrir

• Card Carrying Villain
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Still has some unfinished business to take care of
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 05:21:51 AM »
I'm not sure what to say...

From what I've seen from him, he was one of the few people here who actually talked to others, and you could really see how ambitious and passionate he was about this and other projects. In a way it was inspiring.

I just found out that he had an account on deviantArt a few days ago, and I was expecting to maybe get in touch with him over there, talk about how stuff is going over at WiKirby, etc.

I only knew him for a relatively short time, so it 's probably not my place to talk about him. I am sorry for his close aquaintances who will have to cope with this loss.

Whereever he may be now, I hope he has found peace. He was a great guy.
"Will you stop?!!? What fools!
Haven't you begun to understand? The kingdom being ruined and us left in this state...
Isn't it petty, little battles like this that have caused it?
Believing in your friends and embracing that belief by forgiving failure...
These feelings have vanished from our hearts."
-Igos Du Ikana, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
  • Talk to me. :)
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 05:31:29 AM »
I have no words, but I knew him from more than NIWA, and maybe even more than ZW. He and I didn't always get on, but I always respected him, and I always thought of him as a good guy.

Thank you for telling us about this, Nathan.

Bureaucrat of

Offline Nathan

• Metroid Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 06:24:38 AM »
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/03/rest-in-peace-joshua-paul-lejeune-aka-axiomist.html

ZI's farewell letter. Written by our staff member Dathen (you guys know him better as Mel) who's hard work here, and at ZI, both are pretty much direct results for his early inspirations he took from Ax on the ZU boards ages ago.

I still am lost at what to think about it. Just hope his family is coping well, and that his baby, WiKirby, will be well taken care of.

Offline Malake256

• Metroid Wiki Staff
  • It actually glows...
    • View Profile
    • Metroid Wiki Admin
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 07:09:56 AM »
What a shame, to think that such a brilliant mind behind NIWA and a good friend to all of us is gone. NIWA will never be the same... indeed, what a huge loss.

Rest in peace, Ax: a good friend and a good man.

My condolences to the Zelda Wiki and WiKirby communities and the staff that have worked with him for so long. It honestly is bringing tears to my eyes typing this out; I can hardly imagine how many people must be affected by this and how emotionally impacting this must be.

I agree entirely. The guy was pretty innovative, and definitely important to NIWA. He was a really cool guy, and I know I'll miss him. I'll miss being your one-man crowd, Ax, peace.
My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)

Offline Archaic

• Bulbagarden Webmaster
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bulbagarden
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 07:44:53 AM »
RIP Axiomist

It always feels kind of surreal to learn that someone who you've only ever talked to online has passed away. I think I can speak for us all in saying that NIWA simply won't feel the same without him around. He will be greatly missed.

Offline dkpat

• The Jupiter Adept
  • Golden Sun Universe Staff
  • Tada!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dkpat.net
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 08:32:39 AM »
Oh my.... Wow...

It was Ax that really introduced me to NIWA. Without him, I might not be a Staff member today. He took Golden Sun Universe into NIWA, and helped myself and the other staff members transition into NIWA, as well as helping me to even be GSU staff.

It is so bizarre to think of a person I know only from the online world as dead. I sincerely hope he rests in peace.

Offline the dark lord trombonator

• call me trom
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 08:37:01 AM »
I did not know Axiomist, but I from reading the above posts and the wonderful eulogy on ZI, I really wish I did. He sounds the epitome of a wiki editor and I know those wikis which he graced with his presence will always be grateful. May he rest in peace, and peace be with his family and friends as well.

I have written a small article for Bulbanews (Bulbagarden's community newspaper) to alert members of our part of the community who may have known Axiomist. I hope you consider it in good faith and good taste.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NIWA_founding_figure_farewelled

Offline Greenpickle

• Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 09:02:04 AM »
Wow.  I'll definitely miss him.  It goes without saying that he was a great person.

Offline Justin

• Code Junkie
  • Forum Administrator
  • NIWA's official code monkey
    • View Profile
    • Zelda Wiki
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 09:24:11 AM »
This is a bit much to discover. I've worked with him for a long time, and I even used to see him as a mentor. His passing is difficult news to take, honestly. It will be a different place without him around here.

~~~~
Server bureaucrat of Zelda Wiki. I fix what you break.

Also a tech administrator for Poniverse.

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 01:36:13 PM »
Without him, I probably wouldn't be here, like many others. He will be missed. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.
NIWA Coordinator

Offline JoJo

• Wars Wiki Staff
  • Wars Wiki/Wars Central Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • Wars Central
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 03:30:49 PM »
I heard about this via one of the members on Wars Central, and am shocked and saddened by this news.

Without Axiomist's work, Wars Wiki would never have got to where it is, neither in quality, activity, or being a member of NIWA. While I didn't know him greatly on a personal level, he seemed like a great guy, and I feel that NIWA's success is a true testament to his hard work.

RIP, Axiomist. You'll be missed by many.

I'm sure some members of Wars Central might like to pass on messages of condolences; has there been a page or topic set up anywhere to post such messages that could be linked to on all NIWA Wikis?

Speaking from experience, I can say it is quite cathartic to read such messages in a time of grief, and I would hope it'd help his family and close friends to know how highly regarded he was.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:36:25 PM by JoJo »

Offline Mandi

• Sysop at ZW.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 03:36:12 PM »
He was one of my first buddies on ZW, and we didn't always get along, but he was a great wiki editor and an overall nice, humorous guy. NIWA won't be the same without him.

Offline Walkazo

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 03:43:01 PM »
It's always sad when someone so nice and with so much to live for is taken from the world long before their time. I didn't usually have much time to get involved with NIWA matters, but I remember that Axiomist was always around when I did manage to poke my nose into some discussions here and there - I am sorry to hear that this won't be the case anymore. He was a great guy; I don't think there is a single person here who won't miss him.