Author Topic: Nintendo series into cartoons  (Read 23973 times)

Offline theichibun

• View Profile
Re: Nintendo series into cartoons
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »
Zelda had one

No it didn't.  That thing was so horrible it doesn't count.

Offline Shayminguy7

• Yaaaawwwwwnnnn
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »
Zelda had one

EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSEEEE ME, THEICHIBUN

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
  • Non-English Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 05:20:20 PM »
Zelda had one

Actually, I would say the Legend of Zelda series has one and a half one, should anyone consider the Zelda characters' appearances in Captain N: The Game Master as significant enough.

There are even some old rumours about a Zelda anime that was planned a few years ago, but I that probably never came to be.
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!

Offline theichibun

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
If it did though, it would easily be the best Zelda animated thing ever.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »
i also think that this was one of very, very few animes that 4Kids made better than the Japanese version for multiple reasons.

Are you doubly sure about that?
:laugh: :laugh:

"STUPID OTAKING"!

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »
You people had forgotten about DiC's Captain N: The Game Master and Ruby-Spears' Saturday Supercade!? Crossover series did exist before, and they were terrible!
Isn't that the point?

They were so terrible that we WANT to forget about them.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »
You people had forgotten about DiC's Captain N: The Game Master and Ruby-Spears' Saturday Supercade!? Crossover series did exist before, and they were terrible!
Isn't that the point?

They were so terrible that we WANT to forget about them.

but you can't forget about them... can you?

Offline sdp

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 04:55:12 AM »
If you want a Star Fox show watch the old Bucky O"Hare cartoon, it might as well be called Star Fox The Animated Series, plenty of similarities and it really wouldn't surprise you if Fox showed up in one episode to help Bucky.

As far as previous cartoons I'll do quick reviews of them:

Super Mario Super Show: From what I've seen nothing great, lame plots or lame parodies.
Super Mario Bros 3: Huge improvement much more entertaining, goofy fun.
The Legend Of Zelda: Pretty decent cartoon, gets too much of a bad rap, also take into account all they had to work with was Zelda 1 which didn't have the deepest story
Captain N: Plenty of flaws but if you can look past them, the amount of awesome fanservice through out the sereis is worth it.
Kirby: Fun show if you don't mind being overwhelmed with cuteness.
Pokemon: Fun show if you don't mind the running gags and can stick through the filler episodes.

I'd love to see Saturday Supercade but that show is pretty rare, not really a crossover show, saw the first episiode of F-Zero, looked decent but too bad the english dub was cancelled. Haven't seen Super Mario World but hoping to do it soon.

As far as the future of Nintendo cartoons I don't think its too bright, at least definitely not western cartoons like the ones we had in the 80s/early 90s, that was when NOA and NCL were separate entities but now that NCL calls all the shots and NOA has no real power they can't license the hell out of the franchises like they used to do, heck they can't even market the games how they want or choose which games will be localized if NCL doesn't let them. Normally you'd think it'd be best the parent company to have control over its international dealings but in this case NOA did a fantastic job in the 80s/90s and some of that magic is gone since NCL took over, same thing happened with Sega and Sega of America.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:00:12 AM by sdp »

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »
As far as the future of Nintendo cartoons I don't think its too bright, at least definitely not western cartoons like the ones we had in the 80s/early 90s, that was when NOA and NCL were separate entities but now that NCL calls all the shots and NOA has no real power they can't license the hell out of the franchises like they used to do, heck they can't even market the games how they want or choose which games will be localized if NCL doesn't let them. Normally you'd think it'd be best the parent company to have control over its international dealings but in this case NOA did a fantastic job in the 80s/90s and some of that magic is gone since NCL took over, same thing happened with Sega and Sega of America.
This disappoints me greatly too. NCL seems way too scared to push out Nintendo products to that extent now.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 10:40:12 PM »
um... forgive my n00b-ness, but:

1) what was the old "Bucky O"Hare cartoon"? i have never heard of it.
2) What is NCL? and what do they control of Nintendo (of America)?

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
  • Non-English Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 08:50:04 PM »
Everyone was one at some point.

Lemme try to explain this like I do similarly in a wiki.

The Bucky O'Hare cartoon, which is formally titled as Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars, was an animated television series from the early 1990s. It was based on an obscure, furry 1980s comic book series about an anthropomorphic, green-furred hare who space-treks with his comrades saving planets from an empire of genocidal toads. It shares some common plot elements with the Star Fox series, but personally I feel it is nothing like Star Fox. The Bucky O'Hare universe runs in a very different canon, as at one point early in the series Bucky's team mysteriously gain an ally in a ten-year-old human boy from "our dimension."

What sort of cartoons did you watch in the early 1990s, Tacopill? Bucky O'Hare is one of those things that has quite a cult behind it! Everyone seems to remember the TV series, if not the comics.

By the way, for those of you who do remember Bucky O'Hare, are you aware of this CG animated short that was released... a while ago? It was produced by Bucky's owners (Continuity Productions), and it is more faithful to the comics than the old TV series was. This short is nothing to be excited about really. It's merely an experiment. There has yet to be any announcements for an actual Bucky O'Hare reincarnation. There were talks about a movie, but it's been a while. You could grab a new copy of the old comics though.

Tacopill! I'm surprised you didn't know this! NCL is the usual abbreviation for Nintendo Co., Ltd. a.k.a. the "Mama" company in Japan!
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 03:11:08 PM »
Everyone was one at some point.

;D, yes.... but apparently this is something i should of known.

Lemme try to explain this like I do similarly in a wiki.

The Bucky O'Hare cartoon, which is formally titled as Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars, was an animated television series from the early 1990s. It was based on an obscure, furry 1980s comic book series about an anthropomorphic, green-furred hare who space-treks with his comrades saving planets from an empire of genocidal toads. It shares some common plot elements with the Star Fox series, but personally I feel it is nothing like Star Fox. The Bucky O'Hare universe runs in a very different canon, as at one point early in the series Bucky's team mysteriously gain an ally in a ten-year-old human boy from "our dimension."

What sort of cartoons did you watch in the early 1990s, Tacopill? Bucky O'Hare is one of those things that has quite a cult behind it! Everyone seems to remember the TV series, if not the comics.

By the way, for those of you who do remember Bucky O'Hare, are you aware of this CG animated short that was released... a while ago? It was produced by Bucky's owners (Continuity Productions), and it is more faithful to the comics than the old TV series was. This short is nothing to be excited about really. It's merely an experiment. There has yet to be any announcements for an actual Bucky O'Hare reincarnation. There were talks about a movie, but it's been a while. You could grab a new copy of the old comics though.

From what i remember,
[spoiler]
* Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers
* Darkwing Duck
* Talespin
* Ducktales
* Attack of the Killer Tomatos
* Captain Planet and the Planeteers
* Peter Pan and the Pirates
* Tiny Toon Adventures
* Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
* Doug
* Rugrats
* Eek! The Cat
* Salior Moon
* The Adams Family
* Batman the Animated Series
* X-Men
* King Authur & the Kinghts of Justice
* The Little Mermaid
* 2 Stupid Dogs
* Animanics
* Bonkers
* Double Dragon
* Mighty Max
* Rock's Modern Life
* Sonic the Hedgehog
* SWAT Kats
* The Pink Panther
* The Magic School Bus
* Donkey Kong County
* Mega Man
* Aaahh!! Real Monsters
* Aladdin: The Series
* Gargoyles
* Spider-Man the Animated Series
* Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego
[/spoiler]
 but that only from 1990 to 1995.

Anyway, thank you for the explaination. I will have to add it to my list of things i need to see one day.

Tacopill! I'm surprised you didn't know this! NCL is the usual abbreviation for Nintendo Co., Ltd. a.k.a. the "Mama" company in Japan!

I've actually never heard of the acronym. So, thank you explaining that.  :)

Offline sdp

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 03:42:15 AM »
Oh I'm not trying to argue that Bucky is in continuity with Star Fox. Its just that the show had plenty of similarities beyond the fact that both feature animal characters in space. The show is obviously influenced by Star Wars and other sci-fi fiction in general like Star Fox. Both universes are very much consistent with each other that if they crossed over it would make perfect sense that they are one universe, not that it would ever happen. Overall the show is decent for an early 90s show, don't expect to be blown away or a show that I'd highly recommend but if you're interested definitely check it out it has plenty of redeeming stuff in it especially if you like Star Fox.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 02:27:33 AM »
Oh I'm not trying to argue that Bucky is in continuity with Star Fox. Its just that the show had plenty of similarities beyond the fact that both feature animal characters in space. The show is obviously influenced by Star Wars and other sci-fi fiction in general like Star Fox. Both universes are very much consistent with each other that if they crossed over it would make perfect sense that they are one universe, not that it would ever happen. Overall the show is decent for an early 90s show, don't expect to be blown away or a show that I'd highly recommend but if you're interested definitely check it out it has plenty of redeeming stuff in it especially if you like Star Fox.

sounds good.  :eekdance: