Author Topic: Why did you choose that nick?  (Read 19732 times)

Offline SoujiroElric

• Robottle Fight!
    • View Profile
    • Medabots Wiki
Re: Why did you choose that nick?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »
I just happened to like "Soujiro" as a name. "Elric" comes obviously from FMA (liked it and like it still), but it has another background. A friend had that as her "nick last name", so I chose it after her.

Offline Koroku

• Golden Sun Universe Staff
  • Wikimoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 03:35:51 AM »
Some of you (read: one) may have known me back when I went by JKaizer - I got tired of the name and at that time, I was watching the Pokemon AG episodes... found a ninja named Koroku, and I've taken the name ever since.

(I also go by a million other names too, soooo...)

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 01:37:04 AM »
I got A from the English alphabet. If you can't find it, just look before B. Turtwig A is a slightly longer story, though is very short in actuality. Last year, on June 2 I believe, I tried to sign up with another name, based on my current favorite video game character at the time, Dry Bones. However, the account creation was then locked. Two months later, I just noticed it was unlocked, but decided to go after my favorite character of the wiki's focus. Since Turtwig was already taken, I just added the space and A. And that is Turtwig A's formation, though I started preferring Turtwig's A-B-Cs for a time.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
Solar Dragon. Well, I used this nick on another forum after I thought it sounded cool. This was about 4 years ago. Since then, it is the nickname I always use on every website. If someone steals my nick, I go crazy! It is me. I am Solar Dragon.

Offline Peanut64

• Pikmin Fanon Bureaucrat
  • Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pikmin Fanon
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 02:27:58 PM »
Uh I like Peanuts and N64 was my first console

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »
Solar Dragon. Well, I used this nick on another forum after I thought it sounded cool. This was about 4 years ago. Since then, it is the nickname I always use on every website. If someone steals my nick, I go crazy! It is me. I am Solar Dragon.

i just got the idea for a solar powered dragon......*rushes off to the game design area*

Offline Zesty Cactus

• Bulbapedia Staff
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
Wait, are you the same Solar Dragon from the Simpsons wiki?! :O

Anyways, my name was invented by dany36.

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 07:17:30 PM »

Yep. The one and only Solar Dragon.  :P

We are splitting and some of us are moving to ShoutWiki btw.

Offline dany36

• "the easily amused have no limits, sir"
  • Zelda Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 11:23:58 PM »

OMG IT'S ZC.  ;D

I seriously didn't think that username would have stuck around for so long. XD

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 12:09:43 AM »
It's a bit of a long story. I had thought that Ramblin' Evil Mushrooms were the coolest thing ever when I first played EarthBound. I had even suggested they be the subject of my 4th grade class T-shirts, so we became Baker's Evil Mushrooms. This had made her start playing EarthBound and she eventually became obsessed with it.   :o     
I blame the economy.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 01:02:37 AM »
It's a bit of a long story. I had thought that Ramblin' Evil Mushrooms were the coolest thing ever when I first played EarthBound. I had even suggested they be the subject of my 4th grade class T-shirts, so we became Baker's Evil Mushrooms. This had made her start playing EarthBound and she eventually became obsessed with it.   :o     

who is "her"?  :o

Offline R7308xx

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 01:25:28 AM »

Mrs. Baker, my 4th grade teacher.
I blame the economy.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 01:32:08 AM »

Mrs. Baker, my 4th grade teacher.

ah, ok. That makes sense.

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 01:42:51 AM »

This reminds me of how I could've been obsessed with EB as far back as 4-5th grade if it wasn't me failing so hard at it and getting killed by the Sharks, giving up on it for another 4-5 years or so. Curses! >:V (Having a teacher obsessed with EB would be awesome, I would imagine.)

I'm... actually unsure of where I got the name Tina from. It's certainly not my real name. I just decided it sounded nice and it stuck for whatever reason. Which is funny, because I had like... 5 other nicknames online before I randomly settled with this one.

If Tina's taken, though, I usually go with "platinatina". Which is from when I first got Pokemon Platinum in October 08 (my first import, har har), and it just kind of rolls off rather nicely. (Although I was retarded with katakana back then and accidentally named my trainer "Raina" instead of Tina. That's also stuck with me, although not as much.)
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline HavocReaper48

• The Falcon Punch Master
  • Donkey Kong Wiki Staff
  • Orly?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 02:37:02 AM »
I've already replied to a similar topic on DKC Atlas myself so I'll copy it from there:

My nick has a large backstory to it...

When I was younger, I used to be addicted to this game called "Ratchet: Deadlocked". I was a big Ratchet & Clank game fan at the time (nowadays not so much), and this was the first major game that I got into playing online with. Well, my early days I was known as "Mr. E Player" or "Justin2496" (you can guess my real name now, right?). Initially, I was a rocket n00b. Wasn't everyone? Grab the rocket, strafe, and FIRE. I'm not talking Halo-like rockets that have instant-kills and huge explosions, more like thin missiles fired from an RPG that take about half your life away. Not to mention those lava mods. Or those freeze mods if you're that cheap (hit---->extremely easy hit & kill). Heck, our most epic battles consisted of... strafing, and firing, usually resulting in narrow misses 99% of the time unless we were about to go the other way ^_^.

Anyway, my early days were somewhat slow, until I met a username under the name, HavocReaper48. He and I got along and played a ton of team battles together, with the clan "STR8 B@LL1N" (lol). Our team color was usually maroon. We were both such rocket n00bs, but we together slowly got better, moved onto different weapons, and improved. Except for that sniper rifle without any aimer when not scoping, never caught on to that. It was usually the Tempus, unlimited ammo, jet boots, 5 v 5...

Somewhere along the end of the line, though, he plain disappeared. Gone. He never logged on again and did not even remove me or anything from his friends list (I still have him on now). Just, disappeared, I never heard from him again, and I never knew what happened.

So, I keep this nick in memory of our noobish glories...  ;D

Offline pokemonforever2929

• pokemon will forever previel! go pocket monsters!
  • the reason nintendo is on top
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 02:43:57 AM »
this is my normol username (others inculde seganintendolover/seganintendoguy and nintendomaster192921) I got this when I tried and tried and tried to find a non-numbered nickname and at the time I was really into ssb (still am but not like then).so evently I made a mixture of the hands from ssb and that stuck I still incorpate ssb into my usernames when it isn't mastercrazyhand(ssbrulz on psn is one example).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:50:23 AM by master crazy hand »
------------------------------------------------------------
nintendo forever!!!
do I really have to do the garbage mom?:(
omg a forum
p-o-k-e-m-o-n
the offspring of master and crazy hands
this is a long sig
that is why I am ending it here

Offline R7308xx

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 02:58:20 AM »

This reminds me of how I could've been obsessed with EB as far back as 4-5th grade if it wasn't me failing so hard at it and getting killed by the Sharks, giving up on it for another 4-5 years or so. Curses! >:V (Having a teacher obsessed with EB would be awesome, I would imagine.)

I'm... actually unsure of where I got the name Tina from. It's certainly not my real name. I just decided it sounded nice and it stuck for whatever reason. Which is funny, because I had like... 5 other nicknames online before I randomly settled with this one.

If Tina's taken, though, I usually go with "platinatina". Which is from when I first got Pokemon Platinum in October 08 (my first import, har har), and it just kind of rolls off rather nicely. (Although I was retarded with katakana back then and accidentally named my trainer "Raina" instead of Tina. That's also stuck with me, although not as much.)

Whatá your real name?
I blame the economy.

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 03:05:42 AM »
Originally my nick was Maxite17 back in the late 90s, (I randomly came up with the nickname, and added 17 to the end since it my favorite number), but after I moved around a few online communities I decided to drop the 17 and just stick with Maxite, and kept it that way.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »
KIDICARUS because i've played his first 3 games