Author Topic: Something I've Noticed  (Read 6849 times)

Offline mtn_otter

• Robot, Philosopher, Redneck, Cynic, Psychopath
    • View Profile
Something I've Noticed
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:22:40 AM »
I've noticed several people on almost all fansites who hate Generation V Pokémon already. I've also noticed that several people hate Generation IV Pokémon. Most of them don't even give a particular reason, and when they do have one, it rarely goes beyond "They're not enough like Generation III."

Similar things are happening in the Anime. Two months ago, at least on one site(which will go unnamed), Dawn was hated almost unanimously. Now that the new female character has been leaked, the same people are demanding that Dawn not be replaced. During her period of hate, nearly all of it was on the basis of "She isn't anything like May." And during Generation III, May was hated for not being Misty.

Now, I'm a relatively new fan, so enlighten me. Is there some law that states that anything new is automatically cr*p, and the thing it replaced was better than anything that came before it, regardless of opinion of it before? Because that's the only reason I can think of that would explain this.
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Something I've Noticed
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »
I'd chalk it up to the Nostalgia filter (Warning: Link not safe for work)

Offline Gamefreak75

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Mario Wiki and Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:20:36 AM »
It's mostly because people have their heads way too up their asses due to nostalgia. No offense, nostalgia is a good thing, but bashing on a game that has not even been released already and saying that the Pokemon "are lame or uncreative" is just a sign of pure asshattery.

Now, I'm a relatively new fan, so enlighten me. Is there some law that states that anything new is automatically cr*p, and the thing it replaced was better than anything that came before it, regardless of opinion of it before? Because that's the only reason I can think of that would explain this.
Just people with their head in their ass, basically. I heard these kind of complaints about Kirby's EPic Yarn already, with people complaining about "Kirby lost his ability to inhale!? wah wah wah" and my personal favorite:
"We are in the year 2010. What the f*** is with the YOshi's Story graphics. I bet you these people will eat their own words.

I know, kinda long rant, but I am only defending my two favorite series.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 04:05:03 PM »
Maybe people just like the older ones better