Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 219920 times)

Offline Nickno

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »
It's not really ready to go public yet, that's why. ^^;
Ah, like how the Metroid and Kirby wikis were? k. Makes sense.

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »
While it is still in development, I think this (and the other in-development Wikis for that matter) should be put up somewhere in the forums, these Wikis like Lylat Wiki, PKWiki, and Ace Attorney Wiki are lacking activity for they don't get a lot of attention besides some links on somewhat obscure posts. Which leads me to this...

Do all the Wikis (pending or not) have a topic on the forums? I think they should for reasons mentioned above.

Look for Big Red on the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Private Servers.

Proud supporter of NIWA Wikis!

Offline Member#36

• Striving For A Perfect NIWA Unit
  • Retired Staff
  • Kirby, My Favorite Flavor
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2010, 12:47:20 AM »
While it is still in development, I think this (and the other in-development Wikis for that matter) should be put up somewhere in the forums, these Wikis like Lylat Wiki, PKWiki, and Ace Attorney Wiki are lacking activity for they don't get a lot of attention besides some links on somewhat obscure posts. Which leads me to this...

Do all the Wikis (pending or not) have a topic on the forums? I think they should for reasons mentioned above.

They definitely have had their own threads discussioning them in staff.  As in actual boards, they are reserved for members of the NIWA. The Earthbound wiki/Ace/etc. wikis are not members yet.  However, going back to threads, you can make such threads in the NIWA board.

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2010, 12:52:26 AM »

They definitely have had their own threads discussioning them in staff.  As in actual boards, they are reserved for members of the NIWA. The Earthbound wiki/Ace/etc. wikis are not members yet.  However, going back to threads, you can make such threads in the NIWA board.

Should we Stickie any topic about the Wiki if they haven't already?

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2010, 01:03:24 AM »
As much as I could, I don't like to sticky unless it's necessary.  Now, while sticking it could help it get noticed, the NIWA Discussion board has enough stickied threads as there is.  A subforum may work, but there is always the possibility that it won't be active enough to remain a subforum.

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2010, 01:08:55 AM »
Honestly, unless we can get a more organized way to manage all the Wiki Specific-stuff, I'm not sure. I'm up for a Sub-Forum though.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2010, 02:27:41 AM »
I have a suggestion.
We could make a wiki about actual Nintendo hardware, like the NES-Wii, G&W's, the Game Boy line, etc. Maybe call it Wiiki, or something catchy. I would make one, but I really don't know how to make a wiki. So, maybe somebody could make one for NIWA. I just feel NIWA needs one. :)
Sorry if this idea sounds stupid. XD Just tossing around ideas and trying to help.   ::)

that could go in the miscellaneous wiki

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2010, 03:24:33 AM »
I have a suggestion.
We could make a wiki about actual Nintendo hardware, like the NES-Wii, G&W's, the Game Boy line, etc. Maybe call it Wiiki, or something catchy. I would make one, but I really don't know how to make a wiki. So, maybe somebody could make one for NIWA. I just feel NIWA needs one. :)
Sorry if this idea sounds stupid. XD Just tossing around ideas and trying to help.   ::)

that could go in the miscellaneous wiki

Didn't a link to a Wiki that was going to have that kind of content just get posted today? I can't find it though...

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2010, 10:23:29 AM »
I've been thinking about this. I think we've been misusing the Alliance Requests thread. Let's reserve that one for existing wikis like Wars Wiki and GameHiker. They were around for a long time before NIWA. For startups from members of this forum we could have the NIWA Maternity Ward.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2010, 10:51:13 AM »

what's not ready to go public?

Offline SMB

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
I've been thinking about this. I think we've been misusing the Alliance Requests thread. Let's reserve that one for existing wikis like Wars Wiki and GameHiker. They were around for a long time before NIWA. For startups from members of this forum we could have the NIWA Maternity Ward.
Here's my opinion on things:
The Alliance Request thread seems pretty active, as well as some other threads about incoming, pending, invited, considered, whatever wikis

Although this might have been the original suggestion, why don't we create a child board for all of the requests for affiliation or adding members in that board, and keep NIWA Discussion specifically for topics concerning the member-wikis, NIWA itself, and its forum?

In the child board for affiliation and suggestions for adding a member to NIWA, we could have each wiki have its own topic and then be able to sticky some as well. It would all work out.

(Credit to Edofenrir for making it.)

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2010, 01:09:44 AM »

I think the post I made with the link got deleted.  Anyways, if so, you'll find out soon enough.  (If you don't already know.)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2010, 11:49:20 PM »
Quote from: ????  link=topic=43.msg5220#msg5220 date=1277514584

I think the post I made with the link got deleted.  Anyways, if so, you'll find out soon enough.  (If you don't already know.)

k?  ???

Anyway, these sound like good ideas.

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2010, 02:45:50 AM »

k?  ???

Anyway, these sound like good ideas.

It wasn't me, but it was likely deleted for security reasons.

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2010, 05:42:24 AM »
All of you starting or wanting to start a wiki for NIWA membership, pm me now! I'm going to write up a general strategy for new wikis and if you can't access the staff board, I'll need an email addy to contact you on. I'll maintain a Google Doc so you can see the New Wiki Roadmap, or whatever we call it when it is done. The plan will of course be optional, but if followed should be a major help to get going, get NIWA membership, and somewhere down the road become a successful wiki.

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »
Have you gotten any requests so far by any chance?

Offline smashbrother101

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »
I don't know if this had already been suggested, but there is an enourmous wiki (on wikia) called smash wiki. Maybe we could get them to split from wikia and join NIWA Technically smash bros. is a nintendo game so I think that this would be a valid wiki.  ;D here's the link: super-smash-bros.wikia.com/
I like turtles................................ ....................................... ...........:eekdance:

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »
I must be blind, how do I contact an admin on zelda wiki? and now do I look up old news articles? specifically the one about Nintendo powers recent guide

Offline Justin

• Code Junkie
  • Forum Administrator
  • NIWA's official code monkey
    • View Profile
    • Zelda Wiki
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
I must be blind, how do I contact an admin on zelda wiki? and now do I look up old news articles? specifically the one about Nintendo powers recent guide

The RSS feed is hosted here.
~~~~
Server bureaucrat of Zelda Wiki. I fix what you break.

Also a tech administrator for Poniverse.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2010, 07:58:36 PM »
I don't know if this had already been suggested, but there is an enourmous wiki (on wikia) called smash wiki. Maybe we could get them to split from wikia and join NIWA Technically smash bros. is a nintendo game so I think that this would be a valid wiki.  ;D here's the link: super-smash-bros.wikia.com/
We're trying to do so ;)