Author Topic: Wiki Suggestions  (Read 17430 times)

Offline Metechar

• My fanmade Pokémon mascot.
  • Wow! What are all those heads?
    • View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
Wiki Suggestions
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:25:52 PM »
I have suggestions for wikis in NIWA. Tell me if you agree on any of them.

Animal Crossing
Golden Sun
Chibi Robo
etc.

Does anyone agree? I especially want the Animal Crossing wiki.

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
Re: Wiki Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
We have been in talks with an AC Wiki :)

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 02:39:09 AM »
This is a "template"-like post Tacopill set up:

----------Random Divider ----------

Ace attorney - Ace Attorney Wiki
Wiki Link (now dead...) and Forum Post

Brain Age

Custom Robo

Earthbound/Mother - WikiBound
Wiki Link and Forum Post

F-Zero

Fire Emblem
Wiki Link! and Forum Post

Game & Watch

Golden Sun

Kid Icarus

The Legendary Starfy

Pikmin

Puzzle League

Punch Out

Star Fox - Lylat Wiki
Wiki Link and Forum Post

Touch! Generations
covered by GameHiker.  (Is this still valid?)

---------- Please quote this, and fill in the gaps. ----------

Above is the franchises that are on wikipedia's Category:Nintendo franchises, similar to the list i posted on the previous thread. However, this time around i am looking for a catalog-of-sorts, where we can list places for people to visit the wiki and the forum thread where people can talk about it. (i also threw on the franchises i listed earlier, as examples).

It's from this topic, and it's a very reliable reference.

Edit - here are a few suggestions to add, if I may.

Baten Kaitos was published by Nintendo in Australia only, but we used that reason for Ace Attorney too! Plus the prequel released a year later was published by Nintendo in Japan and North America. Unfortunately it wasn't released in Europe or Australia..

The Tales series... actually wait that's on so many consoles it makes my head hurt. never mind.

A game called "Zach and Wiki" could make a wiki if it became a series.

There's a game series of two games called "Another Code" that's only been on Nintendo consoles and published by it.

And didn't someone suggest Sin and Punishment?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:56:44 AM by Seritinajii »

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 03:12:52 AM »
This is a "template"-like post Tacopill set up:

----------Random Divider ----------

Ace attorney - Ace Attorney Wiki
Wiki Link (now dead...) and Forum Post

Brain Age

Custom Robo

Earthbound/Mother - WikiBound
Wiki Link and Forum Post

F-Zero

Fire Emblem
Wiki Link! and Forum Post

Game & Watch

Golden Sun

Kid Icarus

The Legendary Starfy

Pikmin

Puzzle League

Punch Out

Star Fox - Lylat Wiki
Wiki Link and Forum Post

Touch! Generations
covered by GameHiker.  (Is this still valid?)

---------- Please quote this, and fill in the gaps. ----------

Above is the franchises that are on wikipedia's Category:Nintendo franchises, similar to the list i posted on the previous thread. However, this time around i am looking for a catalog-of-sorts, where we can list places for people to visit the wiki and the forum thread where people can talk about it. (i also threw on the franchises i listed earlier, as examples).

It's from this topic, and it's a very reliable reference.

Edit - here are a few suggestions to add, if I may.

Baten Kaitos was published by Nintendo in Australia only, but we used that reason for Ace Attorney too! Plus the prequel released a year later was published by Nintendo in Japan and North America. Unfortunately it wasn't released in Europe or Australia..

The Tales series... actually wait that's on so many consoles it makes my head hurt. never mind.

A game called "Zach and Wiki" could make a wiki if it became a series.

There's a game series of two games called "Another Code" that's only been on Nintendo consoles and published by it.

And didn't someone suggest Sin and Punishment?

many of those series are too small to have a wiki of there own, a miscellaneous wiki might work

Offline Tappy

• Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hyrule.net
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 06:13:59 AM »
or just have them on N-Wiki ??
Webmaster of Hyrule.net (a mastermind of ZeldaWiki.org)

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 02:13:32 PM »
I suggested Sin and Punishment, but yeah, too small. This makes for a quite lengthy article on a misc. Wiki. 2 games and a supposed manga don't cut it.

Look for Big Red on the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Private Servers.

Proud supporter of NIWA Wikis!

Offline Malake256

• Metroid Wiki Staff
  • It actually glows...
    • View Profile
    • Metroid Wiki Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
many of those series are too small to have a wiki of there own, a miscellaneous wiki might work
That'd be gamehiker
My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 03:12:59 AM »
Sorry I didn't post again. I couldn't find my own forum post! XD But I know of an AC wiki to join us. It's animalcrossingforums.net/wiki. But it doesn't have enough articles to be able to join. I'm helping out there, as they need at least 100 more articles to join NIWA :O So if you have the time to help, please join! I've added like only 5 articles and we really need help! And WOW tacopill's list is long! But the suggestions I listed aren't too small to have their own wikis. Pikmin had only two games,, right? Yet it has its wiki! Chibi Robo has the GC game and Park Patrol for DS. Golden Sun has a few games. They can still have their own wikis! And AC has 3 released games and one unreleased but confirmed game: Animal Crossing 3DS. But the series I listed aren't too short. So does anyone still agree?

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 07:35:17 AM »
Yeah... That's the Animal Crossing wiki Tucayo mentioned earlier.
NIWA Coordinator

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »
That one  ;)

Offline Jake

• Nookipedia Staff
  • Nookipedia Director / Server Admin
    • View Profile
    • Nookipedia
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
I'm the admin of Animal Crossing Wiki. It appears a few of our MediaWiki files have been corrupted by another developer, but we're working as hard as we can to get the issues resolved. As WaddleDude has said, we need all the help we can get. I believe we need just a little over 100 articles to meet the requirement. :)

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 11:04:26 PM »
Yeah. I hope it gets fixed soon.  :'(  Animal Crossing is also in my top 10 game series. I've added a few articles. Thing about the museum article is that I described every exibhit, the observatory and The Roost, but somehow everything was deleted and only showed up to the bug exibhit >.<

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 02:50:23 AM »
Sorry I didn't post again. I couldn't find my own forum post! XD But I know of an AC wiki to join us. It's animalcrossingforums.net/wiki. But it doesn't have enough articles to be able to join. I'm helping out there, as they need at least 100 more articles to join NIWA :O So if you have the time to help, please join! I've added like only 5 articles and we really need help! And WOW tacopill's list is long! But the suggestions I listed aren't too small to have their own wikis. Pikmin had only two games,, right? Yet it has its wiki! Chibi Robo has the GC game and Park Patrol for DS. Golden Sun has a few games. They can still have their own wikis! And AC has 3 released games and one unreleased but confirmed game: Animal Crossing 3DS. But the series I listed aren't too short. So does anyone still agree?

It's not so much about the games. Think of Super Smash Bros.; it has only three games, but it has enough content to justify as many articles as a series like Metroid or Kirby - each of which has about a dozen games. I haven't played any games in the Chibi-Robo or Golden Sun franchises, so I can't knowledgeably comment on its content. However, if you think each franchise has enough detail to support several hundred articles, I don't see why they shouldn't have their own wiki.

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 03:19:02 AM »
I haven't played Chibi-Robo or Golden Sun(my friend does) either. But I am sure they have enough games in their series to be able to have wikis     :D 8)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 03:29:15 AM »
I haven't played Chibi-Robo or Golden Sun(my friend does) either. But I am sure they have enough games in their series to be able to have wikis     :D 8)

What you need to do is find someone who is willing to help start the wiki. How much admin experince, if any, do you have?

Also, do you know Turtwig A?

Offline Koroku

• Golden Sun Universe Staff
  • Wikimoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 04:03:45 AM »
I played Golden Sun... hmm. It's an idea.

Especially with the new game coming out...

Hmmmmmm...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:05:34 AM by Koroku »

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 12:37:46 PM »
Well I've never been an admin before. But what I'm saying is that we can find a wiki on these series, then they can be up for affilation if they have enough articles. I would say animalcrossingforums's wiki would be great, but it doesn't have enough articles yet. I don't think there are any Golden Sun or Chibi Robo wikis, but I'll Google them. If there aren't any, well someone could make them. But I don't know how to use MediaWiki, so I can't make it. I only have enough experience to make an article  :P

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »
Well I did find those wikis, and they had enough articles, but they are part of Wikia...So yeah. But you know Wikia...

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 06:19:05 PM »
well, if you, or someone you know, does webhosting then you maybe able to approach them on Independence. Before doing so:

1) requirement: you need someone who is willing to share there webhost-abilitiies with the wiki
2) requirement: you need the wiki to be willing to go independent, both the wiki staff and it's users. I recommend talking with NIWA staff before doing so. They probably could give some good advice on it.
3) recommendation: come on to the forums and talk with us about. There maybe someone starting up a new wiki in the same topic and you doing so may displace them (for example, How do you think WikiBound would feel if the EarthBound Wikia decided to become independent, and then apply for membership in NIWA?)

Alternatively, you could also start up the wiki yourself, if you are or have someone that meets #1 above. In doing so, i also recommend following #3, that way you aren't competing against other wiki start ups

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 04:08:57 AM »
Well I'm sure almost any independent wikis would like to join NIWA. I don't know how to start up a wiki. But animalcrossingforums.net/wiki is willing to join NIWA. I don't know about the staff of NIWA though. I escpecially want the AC wiki. But idk if there are any independent GS or CR wikis out there.