Author Topic: The Unofficial Pokemon Generation V Thread  (Read 52929 times)

Offline Gary Oak

• Smell ya later, Gramps!
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Pokemon Generation V Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 02:38:58 PM »
I really am confident these new games... will have the names "Light" for one version and "Darkness" for the other, with Zoroark as the mascot for Darkness and perhaps a sexy looking angelic like Pokémon as the mascot for "Light".
I bet that's how it's gonna happen!  ;D
Smell ya later!

GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK

Offline Garlic Man

• Fluent Japanese Speaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »
"Shadow" would be a better name IMO.

Offline Gary Oak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
Good point, we don't want people getting confused with Mystery Dungeon  :P
Smell ya later!

GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK

Offline Muzy72

• View Profile
    • SmashPower
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »
I really want a Light type. If there's a Dark type there should be a Light type too IMO.

Offline Gary Oak

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »
People have wanted "Light Type" for ages now...
Before I started playing the games, I always thought Wigglytuff was a Light type even though that type didn't exist... so yeah. There may be a Light type for the next one.
Smell ya later!

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 07:58:29 PM »
Before I started playing the games, I always thought Wigglytuff was a Light type even though that type didn't exist... so yeah. There may be a Light type for the next one.

I don't see what makes you think of wigglytuff as light, i'd put arceus as light type rather than normal.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline Zoroark

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »
We don't need a Light type.

Dark already has an opposite, it's called Fighting.

And I'm hoping that the starters are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting in their final forms.

MOD EDIT: Image was too big. Feel free to remove this message.

Offline Gary Oak

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »

I don't see what makes you think of wigglytuff as light, i'd put arceus as light type rather than normal.

I was six years old and had no idea what was going on. I didn't even know what all the types were back then :P
But hey, I'm 13 now, I know what's going on now! LOL!
Smell ya later!

Offline Ninjask

• Can you keep up with my speed?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 09:59:11 PM »
I think a Light type would be ok I guess, but slightly pointless though.

Offline Homer Simpson

• D'oh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:57 AM »
I think a Light type would be ok I guess, but slightly pointless though.
I think it would be 100% pointless.

Offline meijin3

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 01:46:56 AM »
I don't know if anyone mentioned this (I'm sorry ionly got through some of the replies) but I hear rumors that the Pokémon team has their hands on a "DS2". Sounds good to me :)

Offline ?Green?

• Bulbagarden Forums Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bulbagarden: Forum Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 04:21:22 AM »
Torchic, possibly Chikorita.

Offline Kevzo8

• Bulbapaedist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 01:09:18 PM »
We don't need a Light type.

And I'm hoping that the starters are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting in their final forms.

Fire/Psychic. A Pyrotechno Pokémon. So unique. It sounds cool to me.

Offline TTEchidna

• This is Fire Echy. HGSS makes Fire Echy happy.
    • View Profile
    • Bulbapedia
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 04:40:42 AM »

Since when was Fighting the opposite of Dark? How the hell does that even work? Fighting's the "counterpart" to Psychic, the most Physical as Psychic's the most Special. Dark's the counterbalance to Psychic... meaning Dark and Fighting are on the same side.

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 05:52:48 AM »

Since when was Fighting the opposite of Dark? How the hell does that even work? Fighting's the "counterpart" to Psychic, the most Physical as Psychic's the most Special. Dark's the counterbalance to Psychic... meaning Dark and Fighting are on the same side.

That is some good logic you have there (seriously)

I really just want the Fire starter to end up being something other than pure fire (Typhlosion except based on another animal) or fire/fighting (Blaziken except not a chicken or a monkey)at it's final form.

About that Fire Psychic thing, that would probably end up being amazingly overpowered.
I still have yet to understand how most type weaknesses even work, such as Fighting > Dark and Bug > Dark

Offline Zoroark

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »

Quote from: TVTropes
The Dark Type is characterized by attacks that involve fighting very dirty in order to win, to the point where some of the moves seem to constitute outright cheating. Some options from the Dark Type movepool include: false crying (Fake Tears), slugging the opponent as they ready an attack (Sucker Punch), beating up an already hurt opponent (Assurance), throwing foreign objects (Fling), denying the opponent use of their held item (Embargo), stealing the opponent's item (Thief), hitting an opponent hard as they try to retreat (Pursuit), and calling on the other Pokémon on your team to beat up on the opponent (Beat Up).

* Croagunk and Toxicroak are noted for being combat pragmatists, but strictly for survival.
    * This is exactly why they're weak to Fighting-types, and why there won't be any Light-type any time soon; it's Dark as in "Darker And Edgier", not Dark as in "darkness vs. light/holy". Dark-types rely on trickery, the Fighting-type is based on martial arts combat, and hence they have honor - the exact opposite of the Dark-type tactic.

MOD EDIT: Image was too big. Feel free to remove this message.

Offline iDOWN

• View Profile
    • Lemmy's Land Forum
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 12:32:45 AM »
Exactly what the above post says. The Dark type has nothing to do with darkness. It's just a sinister type. Look at some of the moves: Thief, Sucker Punch, etc. Basically it's like Fighting types are the heroes and Dark types are the villains.

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 02:58:02 AM »
that may explain why psychic wont affect dARK, since mental powers wont affect villains, and stuff like psychological warfare, and villains having no conscience.

Offline Jing412

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 08:36:09 PM »
As far as I know, generation 5 will include the following:
  • Three starter Pokemon (Water, Fire, Grass) will be available as the players first Pokemon.  
  • A rodent normal type and a bird flying/normal that annoy you to no end.
  • A handful of version exclusive Pokemon, including the duo that will represent the versions.
  • A 10 year old boy or loli will be available at the beginning.
  • A professor that doesn't know your gender or name.
  • A villainous team with 80's hair.
  • 8 gym leaders (I hope for a Dark type gym leader).
  • Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp, Goldeen, Abra etc.

this, more than likely there wont be a light type because it would have been introduced along with dark, which was only brought in to balance out the overpowered psychic type along with steel, which is not affected by dark very much so there really isnt a need to create a new type, though it would be interesting to see what they would with a light type

Offline iDOWN

• View Profile
    • Lemmy's Land Forum
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »
If they were to introduce a light type, they'd probably have to introduce an opposite for it, such as something along the lines for "Shadow."