Author Topic: Star Fox 64 3D  (Read 15814 times)

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
Star Fox 64 3D
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:21:50 AM »
It's a must get for me, obviously, but they should stop remakes and rereleases and make a sequel to Star Fox: Command already.

From the little information there is, it does look good though.

Your thoughts?

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Star Fox 64 3D
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 05:26:33 AM »
it looks really good. Hopefully i will have money by then....  :eekdance:

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 02:25:24 AM »
I hope they add some bonus content, like online mutliplayer or new missions, and make it feel like less of an arcade game since it'll be on 3DS now

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »
A co-op mode, that is what it needs

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »
A co-op mode, that is what it needs

that would be cool. So, when my partner is in trouble, would the character automatically say something? or would it be up to the player to put out a message in the situation?

The reason i ask, is i am trying to image myself being fox and my partner being slippy, and slippy being in trouble (again). Would i be getting "Ah, Help me!" from the character or the player?  hm.....  :)

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
I guess making up the dialogs yourself would be hard

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »
well, you could also have them say predefined messages at the hit of a specific key or button press. I've seen it done in FPS's, where you hit a specific two-key combination and the character of the player says a predefined message to other the teammate's over the radio.

You could also have a similar mechanic to custom taunts in smash bros.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 12:58:10 AM »
You'd use the mic over Wi-Fi, with camera, when using friend codes.
You'd use preset messages & Character faces over Wi-Fi without Friend codes. Taunts/distress signals

You'd use the mic & camera feature on wirless multiplayer, multi-card only,
with mic only in Single card,
using the touch screen to turn on communication in team mode, Communication may be use on open channel, Teammates frequency, enemy frequency, or specific ally, players may only have one or two freqencies open at a time.
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
I'm liking the screen shots, also who ever was playing only got 8 shots on the first level?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
You'd use the mic over Wi-Fi, with camera, when using friend codes.
You'd use preset messages & Character faces over Wi-Fi without Friend codes. Taunts/distress signals

You'd use the mic & camera feature on wirless multiplayer, multi-card only,
with mic only in Single card,
using the touch screen to turn on communication in team mode, Communication may be use on open channel, Teammates frequency, enemy frequency, or specific ally, players may only have one or two freqencies open at a time.

This is awesome. Are they really in there, or ideas you have? either way, i am excited for these ideas.

I'm liking the screen shots, also who ever was playing only got 8 shots on the first level?

Can't say that i have.

Offline sdp

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 03:50:41 AM »
When compared to the OOT 3DS remake it definitely looks more of an improvement, however as nice as it looks it doesn't come close to how good Star Fox Assault which is a shame, we've already seen the 3DS can do amazing graphics so there is no excuse it doesn't look better.

What I hate as well is that most likely the VA are going to be different from the 64 version and I played that game so many times and loved those voices so much I don't know how I feel about listening to new voices or even a new script, I've never liked any of the post-64 replacements and Nintendo hasn't even tried to keep one VA for the SF series, I wonder why, they did it with Mario just fine. At the very least I hope you can choose Lylat as a language thats a nice middle ground I'd accept, apparently the Euro release of 64 included it and Command had it so its possible.

I really hope we get  new levels though, that'd be amazing. I also think the 3DS should get ports of Star Fox Adventures and Assault, the 3DS can handle it and then we'd have all the SF series playable in the 3DS (since Command is BC).

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 12:24:56 AM »
I hope they use the original voice acting, at least for the Star Wolf characters, I liked their voice acting better than any of the other Starfox voices from the later games, it was exiting, but at the same time humorous, none of today's video game voices could replicate that again, (also Wolf should keep his eyepatch, it would ruin continuity if he didn't get an eye injury, and get the bionic eye later)
 It would be nice if they added new dialouge with voice actors who sound simmilar,

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 05:17:33 AM »
I hope they use the original voice acting, at least for the Star Wolf characters, I liked their voice acting better than any of the other Starfox voices from the later games, it was exiting, but at the same time humorous, none of today's video game voices could replicate that again, (also Wolf should keep his eyepatch, it would ruin continuity if he didn't get an eye injury, and get the bionic eye later)
 It would be nice if they added new dialouge with voice actors who sound simmilar,

yea. That would be awesome.... and by "that", i mean "all of it".  ;D

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
  • Non-English Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
If you guys had been dreaming of playing this game with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, it is time to wake up and smell the coffee, 'cause the game had been confirmed to NOT support online play whatsoever! There will be a multiplayer mode all right... just... not via Wi-Fi. You need to gather a group of friends, and pit it in the same room apparently. Thankfully, it will be like the days of Star Fox Command, where you can Download Play against several DS owners when duking it out!

Also, expect taking photos of yourself to set as an icon for the multiplayer mode. Plus, similarly to the Master Quest on Ocarina of Time 3D, there are two single player modes. The 3DS mode, and the classic mode. The former is playing the game with gyroscope features, whilse the latter is playing the game the good, old-fashioned way.
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »
why Nintendo, why?  :'(.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 06:06:21 AM »
The controls will not be like Starfox Command, so it will be a far easier game to control.
But I couldn't figure out how to organize Wi-Fi with this game, without excluding all messaging features, so with the arguments I've had with myself, Nintendo probally had alot more debating considering they're more than one person...

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »
Maybe its just me but i DONT want to play star fox in 3D. It hurts my eyes