Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 73474 times)

Offline King Mario

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 10:42:31 PM »
Hello everyone, some of you might have seen my edits even though I never is on the forums. I go by the names of Pokémon Lover King Mario on Bulbapedia, KingMario on Mario Wiki and King Mario ZeldaWiki, the last of whom I've only made an edit or two. They're the only video game wikis that I was use so I thought it almost was funny when the three started to cooperate.

Anyways, I'm like-you-should-care years old, and lives in Varnhem, Västra Götaland County, Kingdom of Sweden. Which, BTW, is located in the Scandavian penninsula and not the Alps, like many thinks since they confuse it with Switzerland. And the capital of Sweden is Stockholm, not Copenhagen (Denmark), Oslo (Norway), Helsinki (Finland) or whatever you thought.

My interests is video games, Internet, cooking and school, the only things/place that I've played/used/done/been at willingly during the latest 10 years or so. And yes, I've got no life, no friends and is extremly outdated, all of which gives me mental breakdowns each day.

Offline Muzy72

• View Profile
    • SmashPower
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »
Greetings.

I am Hateichi Kage, as my name is romanized, but I find it acceptable to just be referred to as Kage.

I lived in Japan for much of my early life, specifically on the island of Hokkaido, though I spent a little time in Hiroshima. Most of my existence has however been spent in the United States, where I have become very much fluent in English... with my Japanese rather fading away... how sad. I am what you might refer to as a nerd... but given that I have publication deal being worked out with Viz Media right as I sit at my computer, typing this introduction, I would say I am allowed to be a nerd. ^_^

As one could probably ascertain by the prior, I am a rather artistic individual, and I spend almost 24 hours a day drawing (separated from my passion only by 7 hours of sleep every night). In addition, I also enjoy video-gaming, dedicating hours to the delights of Pokémon games, as well as the wonderful phenomena of Resistance and Bioshock for PS3. Of course, I also have quite the obsessive compulsive collection of retro video games, possessing such wondrous series as the full set of Final Fantasy, Digimon World, Soul Calibur, and countless others. Electronic wise, I am almost completely fluent in HTML and CSS, and I have a pretty decent background in C++. In fact, I am working right now on the construction of my own little Pokémon game just for myself. ^_^

I try to generally keep a very neutral demeanor when engaging with others, as I don't much enjoy fighting. But, since I am a very liberal individual when it comes to my beliefs, I do not fear an argument in defense of my personal philosophies; though I don't expect much of that here! Also, I feel as though there is a nice way to say nearly everything, so I will try not to be caught being rude or harsh to anyone, and I hope that I can expect most of the same from others.

Hm... what haven't I covered...? Oh yeah! I am 18 years old... as of last October the thirteenth (woot)... and I like to collect swords... in particular the japanese variations (Meheh I wonder why?). I am a rather average height of 5'8" and a rather ghastly weight of 113 lbs. Hm... I have black hair... and these trippy green eyes of which I am very proud. And... I am a perpetual child. Because I am soon to be a Manga-ka... I get to stay young at heart forever!! YAY!! Of course... it also has to do with the fact that I have a certain hormone disorder that has made me completely... um... mutually... separate... from the rest of the world... Meheh...
You better translate CoroCoro, the Pokemon Japan site, and other things for us :P. (Jk of course :D)

Offline Gary Oak

• Smell ya later, Gramps!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
It's nice to see so many people joining, you know. I was away for two days, and so many more members!  ;D
Smell ya later!

GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK GARY MOTHERF'ING OAK

Offline Lazor Shroom Midna Freak

• Jesus Freak/Pie Shroom/Midna of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 06:29:19 PM »
I'm, obviously, Lazor Shroom Minda Freak. I got my username from my usernames on the the Super Mario Wiki forum (of which I happen to be the only active female), the Super Mario Wiki, the Metriod wiki- which I never visit 'cause I know little to nothing about Metriod, and, infact, only joined to fix technical aspects- and the Zelda Wiki.

Zelda: Minda of Darkness
SMW: Pie Shroom (originally Superstar Daisy)
Metriod wiki: Zero Lazor
SMW forum: Jesus Freak (named after a Christian rock song from the mid '90s)

So, I'm an 11 year old girl. I live in Ohio and I homeschool. My favorite color is green and my favorite TV show is this show on Nickelodion called Penguins of Madagascar. In my free time, I like playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I also like visiting the Super Mario Wiki Forum and Homestar Runner (which is, by the way, a series of Flash cartoons that I highly enjoy, infact, the only reason that I didn't mark it as "favorite TV show" is because it's not a TV show.).

Out of the Mario series, I've played too many games for me to remember off the top of my head (almost all of them on the Wii and DS). Out of the Zelda series, I've played Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Ocarina of Time (emulated), A Link to the Past (emulated) and Twilight Princess.

I also like randomly breaking out into song. :eekdance:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:14:15 PM by Lazor Shroom Midna Freak »

Offline Jing412

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »
the names jing412 im not a member of any of the wikis but I do check them out for any new info on upcoming games or pokemon sets, huge fan of Nintendo im 19 and male

Offline the dark lord trombonator

• call me trom
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 11:04:21 PM »
I'm awesome.

And stuff.

Offline BoredPikachu!

• That bored Pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2010, 12:26:34 AM »
Hey, I'm Bored/CoolPikachu! from Bulbagarden. I really don't know what else to put so I'll just link this :p.
  <Visit Professor Layton at Wikii

Offline Clyde1998

• Clyde the Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2010, 08:52:51 PM »
I'm Clyde1998
I'm from Fantendo, Super :mario: Wiki and Wikipedia.
I'm 11 years old, and Scottish - not British.
I can be found on #fantendo on IRC.
I'm Male.

;D

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
I'm Remino52, and I'll be sure to help, and unload SOME knowledge on my favorite video game developer ever, Nintendo.  :) (And before you ask, no, my name isn't a word, and "52" has nothing to do with my life at all. It's a name I used on an old forum and it stuck with me ever since.)

Look for Big Red on the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Private Servers.

Proud supporter of NIWA Wikis!

Offline Lazor Shroom Midna Freak

• Jesus Freak/Pie Shroom/Midna of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2010, 02:06:42 AM »
I don't know where else to ask this, so how do I change my gender on my profile? I've looked all over.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2010, 02:10:29 AM »
I don't know where else to ask this, so how do I change my gender on my profile? I've looked all over.
Same place you do it in the Mariowiki forums. -_-

Offline hateichikage

• View Profile
    • Pokémon: Council of Legends RPG
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2010, 02:20:35 AM »
Greetings.

I am Hateichi Kage, as my name is romanized, but I find it acceptable to just be referred to as Kage.

I lived in Japan for much of my early life, specifically on the island of Hokkaido, though I spent a little time in Hiroshima. Most of my existence has however been spent in the United States, where I have become very much fluent in English... with my Japanese rather fading away... how sad. I am what you might refer to as a nerd... but given that I have publication deal being worked out with Viz Media right as I sit at my computer, typing this introduction, I would say I am allowed to be a nerd. ^_^

As one could probably ascertain by the prior, I am a rather artistic individual, and I spend almost 24 hours a day drawing (separated from my passion only by 7 hours of sleep every night). In addition, I also enjoy video-gaming, dedicating hours to the delights of Pokémon games, as well as the wonderful phenomena of Resistance and Bioshock for PS3. Of course, I also have quite the obsessive compulsive collection of retro video games, possessing such wondrous series as the full set of Final Fantasy, Digimon World, Soul Calibur, and countless others. Electronic wise, I am almost completely fluent in HTML and CSS, and I have a pretty decent background in C++. In fact, I am working right now on the construction of my own little Pokémon game just for myself. ^_^

I try to generally keep a very neutral demeanor when engaging with others, as I don't much enjoy fighting. But, since I am a very liberal individual when it comes to my beliefs, I do not fear an argument in defense of my personal philosophies; though I don't expect much of that here! Also, I feel as though there is a nice way to say nearly everything, so I will try not to be caught being rude or harsh to anyone, and I hope that I can expect most of the same from others.

Hm... what haven't I covered...? Oh yeah! I am 18 years old... as of last October the thirteenth (woot)... and I like to collect swords... in particular the japanese variations (Meheh I wonder why?). I am a rather average height of 5'8" and a rather ghastly weight of 113 lbs. Hm... I have black hair... and these trippy green eyes of which I am very proud. And... I am a perpetual child. Because I am soon to be a Manga-ka... I get to stay young at heart forever!! YAY!! Of course... it also has to do with the fact that I have a certain hormone disorder that has made me completely... um... mutually... separate... from the rest of the world... Meheh...
You better translate CoroCoro, the Pokemon Japan site, and other things for us :P. (Jk of course :D)
O.O Oh my!! XD

And fading away is the understatement of the century... I can only remember random sentences... phrases... and words... ^_^
?????

Offline Garlic Man

• Fluent Japanese Speaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2010, 02:50:14 AM »
Greetings.

I lived in Japan for much of my early life, specifically on the island of Hokkaido, though I spent a little time in Hiroshima. Most of my existence has however been spent in the United States, where I have become very much fluent in English... with my Japanese rather fading away... how sad.

A challenger appears!

Offline Archaic

• Bulbagarden Webmaster
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bulbagarden
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 12:58:06 AM »
I'm Archaic, real name Liam Pomfret. I'm the webmaster of Bulbagarden.net and the Bulbapedia. I hope the others won't mind me saying that NIWA is my brainchild of sorts. I'm the one who proposed the idea to the other wikis, following an affiliation request from ZeldaWiki with Bulbapedia getting my brain working on the topic. I also own the niwanetwork domain name, and this site actually runs off the Bulbagarden servers.

Offline, I'm a 25 year old from Brisbane, Australia. I hold a Masters of International Business from Queensland University of Technology, and I'm currently completing a post-graduate thesis at the University of Queensland on user perceptions of privacy in online social networking sites, following which I'll be entering into a Ph.D program. I also teach tutorial classes for undergraduate units in Marketing, Management and International Business at that university. During my undergraduate, I spent a year studying at Meijo Daigaku in Nagoya, Japan. I'm not fluent in Japanese, but I understand more than enough to watch a Pokémon episode without subtitles, and I have on occasion provided translation or quality checking services to a number of fansub groups. I'm also studying Spanish, though progress there is a little slow of late.

Kasumi, head of our creative content department on Bulbagarden, is my fiancé.

I'm a lifelong Nintendo fan, with the only non-Nintendo console I own being an Atari2600 that I had for a year or two before the NES was released over here. Name a Nintendo franchise, and I've played it. Pokémon is my biggest passion there, obviously, and I've been into it before there was ever an official english release, introduced by an exchange student who was staying at my house at the time.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »
this site actually runs off the Bulbagarden servers.
So that's why I've gotten 503 errors here.

Offline UltimateSephiroth

• a.k.a. Soulweaver
  • Bulbapedia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 10:38:02 PM »
this site actually runs off the Bulbagarden servers.
So that's why I've gotten 503 errors here.
You can't escape them... BTW, anyone trying to fix the server problems at the moment, or are the tech guys currently unavailable? BMGf is totally locked up again. Never mind, it was fixed while I wrote this lengthy reply.

I'm UltimateSephiroth, a 18-year-old (soon 19) upper secondary school student from Finland. I'm actively contributing in various sites on the Internet (at some point, I counted I had registration e-mails from nearly 200 sites in my primary hotmail account). What's worth mentioning is that I'm an an administrator on Bulbagarden's media repository, Bulbagarden Archives, and on the Finnish Game Maker forum (although I haven't been very active there lately). I'm also a moderator on the Shop Subcenter of Bulbagarden Forums.

I'm a long-time Pokémon player, as I started my video game journey with a teal Game Boy Color and a copy of Pokémon Red Version. As the time has passed, I've acquired at least one main series game from each generation (Red and Yellow from Gen I, Gold from Gen II, Sapphire, Colosseum and XD from Gen III, and Platinum from Gen IV).

I've also played The Legend of Zelda games, of which I've completed (story-wise) Ocarina of Time (the GC version on the Collector's Edition disc), The Minish Cap and Oracle of Ages (I don't own this, but I borrowed it). I've also played the original one, Zelda 2, Link's Awakening DX, Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker.

When it comes to Mario games, I've played Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Mario Golf (still one of my favorites), Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Mario Kart DS. Of these I've completed story-wise SMB Deluxe, Mario Golf, PMTTYD and Kart DS, though I don't own a copy of TTYD. I played it all the way through on a few visits at my friend.

My school grades are generally quite good (I don't want to say top-notch, though many would say they are that, hehe), though they're started to go down a bit since I haven't had the mood to study so hard anymore :3 I can speak Finnish as my native language; other languages I know well are English (quite fluently, though some mistakes here and there, particularly with prepositions and such stuff), German and Swedish. I can also speak a little Estonian, and I know a few random words or phrases in French, Spanish and Japanese. I'd like to know Japanese better, so I've taught myself the hiragana and katakana symbols :)

I'm also a grammar nazi (with the exception of IM programs, IRC chats and other instant communication methods). I don't like when people write entirely in lowercase or type otherwise bad text. Even the absence of the accent in Pokémon distubs me, but I can live with it since I know it's harder to type the é character on a US layout keyboard; it's relatively easy on the Finnish layout. You can see from this post that I like to use parentheses a lot; that may seem to someone like I had problems with connecting sentences, and that might be the case. I'm not a native, after all :p

I guess that was enough of an introduction :) Feel free to PM me if you see mistakes in my English.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:52:30 PM by UltimateSephiroth »

Offline The Gameboy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2010, 04:45:38 AM »
What are you dense?
are you retarded or something?
who do you think i AM?
I'm the goddamned gameboy...

hey guys, i'm Gameboy, i almost always use this screen name on forums, so feel free to google "the gameboy" and "Invisionfree"
if you find a site called "Shadedvision", you've got my main stomping grounds.
i Prefer collecting gameboys, as i have one of every one, and they fascinate me.
i'm extremely into nintendo trivia, as i did 3 final papers about it in high school, and i plan to continue coasting by on random factoids.

so, it's whatever.
feel free to hit me up, i play alot of online games, even on Dreamcast occasionally.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2010, 04:49:30 AM »
Real Game Boy fans know it's two words.

Offline The Gameboy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2010, 04:56:32 AM »
you think i dont know that?

i just prefer 1 word as it makes that introduction sound better.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2010, 05:19:37 AM »
you think i dont know that?

i just prefer 1 word as it makes that introduction sound better.