Poll

What gameboy games do you want released on 3DS Virtual Console?

Super Mario Land GB
5 (9.1%)
Wario Land GB
2 (3.6%)
Metroid  GB
3 (5.5%)
Pac Man/Ms. Pac Man
2 (3.6%)
Metal Gear GB
2 (3.6%)
Pokemon Yellow GB (Colorized)
7 (12.7%)
Pokemon Crystal GBC
6 (10.9%)
DK Country GBC
3 (5.5%)
Zelda Oracle Seasons/ages GBC
7 (12.7%)
Kirby's Pinball Land GBC
2 (3.6%)
Pokemon Pinball (R/S or original)
3 (5.5%)
Sonic Advanced
1 (1.8%)
Sonic Spinball GBA
1 (1.8%)
Golden Sun GBA
6 (10.9%)
Super Mario Advanced (series) GBA
2 (3.6%)
Yoshi's Safari
1 (1.8%)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (With SNES All-Star graphics mode)
2 (3.6%)
Mario Paint (I hear it's fun)
0 (0%)
Tetris 360(degrees) it was monochrome, but it could have GBC tetris as well
0 (0%)
Sega Gamegear VC
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console  (Read 37329 times)

Offline Miles of SmashWiki

• Sinister Trivia Villain
  • SmashWiki Staff
  • "Trying to seem mysterious is my hobby."
    • View Profile
    • AllisBrawl profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
I think the heaviest editing was fixing the typo in Mario 64.

It that really all?

Srsbsns is always lurking (?_?)

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 10:08:08 PM »
Thing is, it's also Pokemon. Which is a game series that regularly remakes old games (maybe two times isn't "regularly", okay, but tell me with a straight face you don't see them doing it again in the future?). Why would they just do updating to include Johto Pokemon and Wi-Fi and sell the game for $5? That's completely unlike Pokemon. If they're going to revamp it, they're gonna go the extra mile to do so.

I can see them releasing the original (with fixed glitches, of course, as sad as I am to admit that) for $5 (or something) on the VC but I don't see them giving the game random bonus features like that.

Now I wonder how they would do the whole link cable thing though. You gotta catch em all somehow. :P I could see them modifying the link cable system to work with wireless or something but not anything more than that.
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 04:22:10 AM »
NEED MOTHER 3.

Please Reggie, I'm begging you!!! PLEASE NOW IS THE TIME!!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:13:44 AM by RamblinEvilMushroom »
I blame the economy.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »
Thing is, it's also Pokemon. Which is a game series that regularly remakes old games (maybe two times isn't "regularly", okay, but tell me with a straight face you don't see them doing it again in the future?). Why would they just do updating to include Johto Pokemon and Wi-Fi and sell the game for $5? That's completely unlike Pokemon. If they're going to revamp it, they're gonna go the extra mile to do so.

I can see them releasing the original (with fixed glitches, of course, as sad as I am to admit that) for $5 (or something) on the VC but I don't see them giving the game random bonus features like that.

Now I wonder how they would do the whole link cable thing though. You gotta catch em all somehow. :P I could see them modifying the link cable system to work with wireless or something but not anything more than that.

What about Mew, Wi-Fi would be the best way for a Mew Event, nobody's going to go crazy over a Gamestop or Toys R us TRADE event for a VC game,
Wi-fI BATTLES, Trades, a& Mystery Gift is all I can see Them adding, exept for Togepi as Pokemon #000 in Kanto Pokedex as a second event Pokemon, and Gen II organization for Item bag, it's nearly impossible to carry half the TMs with you, I always stored them in a PC, which cannot hold every TM, Evolution Stones, and Vitamins, so maybe they could extend how many Items can be carried at a Time, instead of updating it to Gold/Silver standards, also, Colorize Kanto how it was in Gold/Silver
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2011, 01:21:18 AM »
Based on the hands-on account of it by NintendoLife, it's not.

that's sad to here. If it is true, i wouldn't want to play a VC pokemon game. It'd be the same as playing on the Computer. Single player only, not trades or linked battles.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2011, 05:42:55 AM »

What about Mew, Wi-Fi would be the best way for a Mew Event, nobody's going to go crazy over a Gamestop or Toys R us TRADE event for a VC game,
Wi-fI BATTLES, Trades, a& Mystery Gift is all I can see Them adding, exept for Togepi as Pokemon #000 in Kanto Pokedex as a second event Pokemon, and Gen II organization for Item bag, it's nearly impossible to carry half the TMs with you, I always stored them in a PC, which cannot hold every TM, Evolution Stones, and Vitamins, so maybe they could extend how many Items can be carried at a Time, instead of updating it to Gold/Silver standards, also, Colorize Kanto how it was in Gold/Silver
But what if you don't want them to change anything? The Virtual Console is supposed to be you playing the games as they were originally, if they change it, it won't be the same.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2011, 05:27:29 AM »

But what if you don't want them to change anything? The Virtual Console is supposed to be you playing the games as they were originally, if they change it, it won't be the same.

This is true. However, if it was exactly the same, i might not buy it, since i may already have the game.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »
I was only saying that in a Yellow Re-Release, the only things they should alter are...

- multiplayer is now wireless, using same gameplay & graphics

- colorizing Kanto to Gold/Silver Palette

- Expanding PC & bag Storage Capacity for items, & allowing 5 more Pokemon per PC box.

- Mystery Gift unlocked by beating the Elite Four, allowing the elusive Mew, plus Surfing Pikachu to be downloaded, at game menu, directly to PC

- Game Corner has Pokemon Mini or Pikachu Surf, replacing slots in European & possibly American versions....   (most likely)...
I hope for each Machine to have a different Pokemon Mini

...Unfortionately they might change Gambler's title in all versions except Quebec French, and possibly Austrailia as well...

- Ghost type Pokemon now Immune to Ground type attcks (Yellow uses a different type effectiveness chart anyway, & makes Gastly & Haunter more effective)

- Wi-Fi battles at Indigo Plateau,
weakening the boredom factor of no trainers to battle anywhere else after defeating them (not Wi-Fi trades)

- keep any glitches that will not cause game/system to corrupt data, (making a safe glitch city feature that allows you to battle Trainers with randomized Teams with Randomized movesets at high levels (even "illeagal" movesets)

The only major change: adding Togepi (and it's voice clip from SSBMelee) as an event Pokemon of sort, #000 in Kanto Pokedex, (not National, and of course it won't evolve) possibly as an Easter Egg (literally) found on the ground, which will read as Mysterious Egg, and will hatch if taken to Cinnbar Lab to be studied, as if it were a Fossil Pokemon. "It Hatched The Egg did! Study the Eggshells must I!  Here Go You!  No room you have?  Come Later you shall..."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:10:10 PM by Tattletale1 »

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2011, 05:33:21 AM »
No.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2011, 12:49:11 AM »
No more Pokemon VC unless we're talking about spinoffs... Okay?
Pokemon Pinball
Pokemon TCG
Pokemon Puzzle Leauge
Pokemon Mini colection, $1.50
Game Corner & Minigame Colection,

Those last two might not make it...

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Pokémon Puzzle League was on the Nintendo 64. You're thinking of Pokémon Puzzle CHALLENGE.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2011, 10:12:17 PM »
Either Way, the Pokemon Puzzle game would be a great addition. It/They were great game(s).

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2011, 12:07:53 AM »
WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ORIGINAL?

PANEL DE PON. D: IT WAS SO MANLY.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »

Haven't played the original, so i can tell you if i love it or not.

And, i don't care for Manly-ness.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2011, 03:07:18 AM »

No, that was a joke. Here's what Panel-de-Pon looks like.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2011, 05:24:44 AM »

No, that was a joke. Here's what Panel-de-Pon looks like.

Tacopill realizes he is late to the joke

Are you kidding, that is the manliest game ever  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:...

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2011, 10:50:36 PM »
Wait, I just realized TETRIS IS NOT ON THE POLL.

IF THEY DON'T RELEASE THE GAME BOY VERSION OF TETRIS, I WILL GO AND PUNCH SATORU IWATA IN THE FACE.

Then ask for his autograph.

Offline Torchickens

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »
Wait, I just realized TETRIS IS NOT ON THE POLL.

IF THEY DON'T RELEASE THE GAME BOY VERSION OF TETRIS, I WILL GO AND PUNCH SATORU IWATA IN THE FACE.

Then ask for his autograph.

I second that, the earlier Tetris games in general tended to be the most plainest IMO.  I'm not a 'hardcore Tetris fan' but I never really enjoyed Tetris DS for instance as much as the original Tetris (Game Boy) or Tetris DX. The introduction of the 'easy spin' mechanic as early as 2001 in Tetris Worlds made it so that downwards velocity on a Tetromino can be interrupted if it is delayed by rotating it. Level 20 in Tetris DS seemed relatively easier because of this mechanic, along with the 'hold' feature and six Tetromino preview as opposed to just 1.

You just made me feel the urge to play Tetris on the Game Boy right now, thanks!  :) [I don't know whether to get the announced Tetris 3DS or not].
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:29:58 PM by Torchickens »
Hello. I identify as female. She/her pronouns please. :)

(credits to Moydow)

I spend a lot of my time making videos about Pokémon glitches on my Youtube channel ChickasaurusGL.

I'm the editor in chief of Starfy Wiki. Let me know or Tappy know of any bugs or other concerns. :)

Discord: Torchickens #3213
Twitter: Torchickens
Email: [email protected]

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2011, 01:04:59 AM »
I liked Tetris DS. >:[ It was the best Tetris game OF ALL TIME BRO. ALL TIME.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »
I put Tetris 360 on the Poll, along with GB Tetris in one selection,
Tetris 360 was like Game & Watch, except larger, and the only controls were tilt, and a rotate button, you could also place the blocks on any one of the four corners of the stage, while blocks dropped from a box in the center, (which you have to avoid)