From NintendoWiki, your source on Nintendo information. By fans, for fans.
|Wii Street U
||February 14, 2013
Wii Street U is a map application powered by Google using their Google Street View software and released as a digital download on the Wii U Nintendo eShop. The software allows players to view locales around the world from street level. Upon initial release, the software was available for free until October 31, 2013.
On January 29, 2016, it was announced that service for Wii Street U would be discontinued effectively on March 31. The software can no longer be played.
With Wii Street U™ powered by Google, you can step into Google Street View, and feel like you’re actually there!
View an immersive 360-degree Google Maps Street View of world-wide locations using the Wii U™ GamePad motion controls. Type an address or location on the GamePad™ touch screen and explore, or instantly travel to over 70 hand-picked locations around the globe. Register and post your favorite locations on Miiverse, capture and share photos to view them in Wii Street U, and share your comments with others.
- Discover the world with the Wii U GamePad controller and Google Street View
- Explore with a 360-degree view or the overhead satellite view, and display your altitude
- Jump to over 70 intriguing, hand-picked locations
- Access your search history, which displays up to 50 results at a time
- Easily navigate with the Wii U GamePad touch screen
- Register your favorite locations and post them to Miiverse
- Explore your favorite destinations around the world by walking on the Wii Balance Board
- Take a virtual trip to your destination in Street View
- Watch slide shows of world locations, then explore them in Street View
- Spot fantastic characters who hide out in Street View (as of an update on 4/23/15, 2 new travelers have been added!)
- On March 14, 2013, an updated was released that added 12 new spots to view, and new control options.
- On September 13, 2013, an updated was released that added compatibility with the Wii Balance Board.