|This template is using the Tetris color scheme|
NintendoWiki (N Wiki for short) offers unbiased information concerning Nintendo-all in one central encyclopedia. The wiki's primary focus is items that relate directly to Nintendo as a company: Its products, its people, and its actions. N Wiki also shall have a secondary focus on items that indirectly relate to Nintendo, such as notable third parties and contractors, as well as notable Nintendo-related products that they have produced.
It was set up using MediaWiki technology; this means that anyone can edit the Nintendo-focused encyclopedia upon registration.
- May 12, 2010 – Several months after the idea was pitched, Archaic (Talk) finally set up the servers and opened up N Wiki. However, it was kept secret from the public to ensure a peaceful development before launch. The first articles were slowly created, with information coming from the three founding wikis of NIWA.
- May 29, 2010 – After the wiki had many days of little to no editing, TTEchidna (Talk) joined and essentially became RAP (Talk)'s second in command. This brought new ideas and changes that helped to stabilize the wiki and increased the speed of the wiki's development
- July 19, 2010 – The hundredth (100th) was image/file uploaded: File:KodaMineo.jpg - 16:59, July 19, 2010.
- August 12, 2010 – The hundredth (100th) article was finally created: Super Paper Mario for the Wii - 16:20, August 12, 2010.
- August 14, 2010 – The MediaWiki software of the wiki was upgraded to 1.16!
- October 5, 2010 – Tacopill (Talk) joined NintendoWiki and set up numerous templates that are currently used on many articles. He also recruited numerous editor that helped with article creation before the wiki's official launch.
- November 13, 2010 – The two-hundredth (200th) article was created: Vol. 246 of Nintendo Power - 10:37, November 13, 2010.
- December 10th, 2010 – The wiki is officially launched.