NintendoWiki:File Deletion Policy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
There comes a time when an file on NintendoWiki (N Wiki) needs to be deleted. There are several reasons why an file may be deleted. Here are the most common:
- Copyright violation
- The file violated a copyright. This is typically done if we are contacted by another site about an file we are using, or if the file is obviously the work of an individual that has been uploaded without permission.
- Duplicated file
- The file was an exact or near duplicate of another file. Typically the one that is used more, or the file with the better name will be kept.
- Inappropriate content
- The file contained vulgar, obscene, or offensive material. N Wiki is a family-friendly site and such files will be deleted immediately without warning. Sometimes this will also be used to indicate that an file has no place on the site (for instance, an file of someone's house) that is not being used on a user page.
- Low quality
- The quality of the file was far too poor to be worth keeping.
- A new and improved version of the file as been uploaded as a different format (or sometimes under a better filename).
- Unacceptable filename
- The filename of the file was one or more of the following: too long, offensive, contained disallowed characters, or was irrelevant to the file.
- Unused file
- The file was not used or linked to on any page. It was also determined not to be of any use.
- Uploader request
- The person that uploaded the file requested that it be deleted.
|This template is using the Game & Watch color scheme|