Nintendo Monopoly is a licensed board game based on the classic board game Monopoly. The board game features references of Nintendo intellectual properties including: Super Mario series, The Legend of Zelda series, Yoshi series, Metroid series, Kirby series, F-Zero series, and Star Fox series.
During gameplay, Nintendo characters are used as properties instead of real-world locations. Super Mushrooms (referred to as "Power-Ups" in-game) are used in place of houses, whereas Stars ("Invincibilities") take the place of hotels.
|Nintendo property||Original property||Price|
|Pink color group (Kirby)|
|King Dedede||St. Charles Place||$140|
|Meta Knight||St. Charles Place||$140|
|Red color group (Super Mario)|
|Princess Peach||Indiana Avenue||$220|
|Orange color group (Metroid)|
|Metroid||St. James Place||$180|
|Samus Aran||New York Avenue||$200|
|Yellow color group (Donkey Kong)|
|Diddy Kong||Ventnor Avenue||$260|
|Dixie Kong||Atlantic Avenue||$260|
|Donkey Kong||Marvin Gardens||$280|
|Green color group (The Legend of Zelda)|
|Princess Zelda||North Carolina Avenue||$300|
|Lightblue color group (StarFox)|
|Falco Lombardi||Vermont Avenue||$100|
|Fox McCloud||Connecticut Avenue||$120|
|Slippy Toad||Oriental Avenue||$100|
|Blue color group (Super Mario)|
|Purple color group (Super Mario)|
|Arwing||Short Line Railroad||$200|
|Blue Falcon||Pennsylvania Railroad||$200|
|Mario Kart||Reading Railroad||$200|
|Warp Star||B&O Railroad||$200|
|Warp Pipe||Water Works||$150|
|Piranha Plant||Electric Company||$150|
The 2010 version contains some notable changes:
- Game pieces
- A new set of tokens were made, including:
- False money has the Monopoly logo, Nintendo logo, and text updated.
- Property cards are more thinner, with text structure updated.
- Both ? Block cards and Coin Block cards are enlarged, thickened and background color updated.
- Coin Block card's artwork changed into a Brick Block.
- Nintendo properties
- Orange color group: replaces the Metroid with the Morph Ball.
- Green color group: replaces Ganondorf with Minda.
- Lightblue color group: replaces Star Fox series' properties with the Animal Crossing series' Rosie The Cat, K.K. Slider, and Tom Nook.
- Purple color group: changed its color into brown.
- The Railroad properties replace the following things:
- The whole board
- The background is now white.
- The location where Mario and Luigi appeared on has been expanded into a group of characters. From left to right: Samus Aran, K.K Slider, King Dedede, Yoshi, Dixie Kong, Rosie the Cat, Wario, Princess Peach, Luigi, Mario, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Kirby, Tom Nook, Red Toad, Meta Knight, and Link.
- The boxes where the stack of cards are supposed to be placed have been relocated and enlarged.
- Nintendo property spaces have silver color to differentiate from other spaces. Additionally, the names of the property now have the box instead of the amount of money the player is required to purchase.
- Stock artwork on each property was updated.
- The Coin Block space replaces its artwork with a Brick Block under the name "Block" due to the Treasure Chest Deposit having the Coin artwork.
- The Treasure Chest Deposit's artwork is replaced by a Coin.
|This article has been tagged as a featured stub. As per Featured Stubs, it has been requested by someone in the community to be the focus on editing efforts to improve quality, structure, information, etc.|
|This article has been tagged as a Product stub. Please help NintendoWiki by editing it.|