|This article is a stub. You can help NintendoWiki by.|
The Satellaview (サテラビュー Saterabyū) is a satellite modem add-on for Nintendo's Super Famicom system that was released in Japan in 1995. The name Satellaview is a portmanteau of "Satellite" and "view," and the official abbreviation for the system is "BS-X". "BS" stands for Broadcast Satellite, a common name of one of the direct broadcast satellites in Japan,  and "X" represents the figurative "unknown" or "nameless." In other vernaculars, the X can stand for "transfer", thus "Broadcast Satellite Transfer."
The BS-X would be connected to the St.GIGA satellite station between 4:00-7:00 PM. During this time, a player could download and play games. The BS-X system broadcasted for 5 years, up until June 2000.
|Nintendo online services|
• Famicom Network System (Famicom, 1988)|
• Satellaview (Super Famicom, 1995)
• Randnet (Nintendo 64DD, 1999)
• Mobile System GB (Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance w/Mobile GB Adapter and mobile phone, 2001)
• Online Nintendo GameCube gameplay (Nintendo GameCube, w/GameCube Broadband Adapter/Modem Adapter, 2002)
• Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (Wii, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL optionally w/Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, Nintendo DS & DSi Browser, 2006)
• Nintendo Network (Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Web, 2012/3)
• Nintendo Switch Online (2018; Nintendo Switch)
• Websites (Nintendo web browser games)