Star Fox Zero
|This article is a short summary of Star Fox Zero.|
Lylat Wiki features a more in-depth article.
|Star Fox Zero|
Sutā Fokkusu Zero
Star Fox Zero is the sixth installment in the Star Fox series, developed for the Wii U in collaboration between PlatinumGames and Nintendo and released in 2016. The game started as a Wii title before being moved to the Wii U and was originally slated for release in November of 2015 before being delayed. According to Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo, Star Fox Zero is not strictly a prequel or sequel to any of the previous games, nor is it a reboot of the series.
The physical version of Star Fox Zero is packaged alongside the spin-off title Star Fox Guard; while the Nintendo eShop versions can only be purchased individually, the player will receive a discount for the other game if they buy one. According to Shigeru Miyamoto, Project Giant Robot, another Wii U game, is connected to Star Fox Zero.
Hurry, Star Fox–you're the Lylat system's only hope!
Take command with dynamic, motion-controlled targeting as your TV and Wii U GamePad controller immerse you in simultaneous cockpit and cinematic battle views.
Venture to exotic planets and brave the dangers of deep space!
Unleash your arsenal
Master acrobatic moves like the somersault and barrel roll as you blast your way to victory.
Maneuver through tight spaces as you infiltrate enemy strongholds.
Landmaster Tank with Flight Upgrade
Power through hostile territory with mighty artillery at your disposal.
Brave dangerous special-ops missions with help from your hacker-bot, Direct-i.
E3 2015 website
The Star Fox team arrives on Wii U for a new adventure
Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy save the Lylat system in this new deep space dogfighting adventure. Using the Wii U GamePad controller and the TV together creates a unique interface that allows players to experience the game with two different viewpoints within the Arwing – aim and shoot enemies in one direction while flying in another. This frees up the TV for a more cinematic flight experience. Then, pilot the Arwing with its new Walker transformation, along with the new Gyrowing and the Landmaster Tank, to traverse interplanetary terrain.
- Fan favorite characters return with new and well-known dialogue from Fox McCloud, Slippy, Peppy, Falco and more, which can sound like they’re talking in your ear like a from a headset with clever sound technology.
- Players can intuitively pilot an Arwing by simply using both the right and left control sticks as a control stick to perform familiar flight maneuvers, such as the somersault, U-turn and a Barrel Roll.
- Replay the same exotic planets with other vehicles and extra missions can be selected on top of going through the story.
- Two different viewpoints, the traditional style of TV gameplay and the new unique cockpit view on the Wii U GamePad controller combines to create a unique interface to aim and shoot in one direction while flying in another. This frees up the TV for more cinematic moments in a brand-new all range mode.
- Pilot the new and improved Arwing with its new Walker transformation and take control of a new Drone type plane, the Gyrowing. The Landmaster Tank returns, equipped with a new, limited flight form.
- Developed in partnership with PlatinumGames.
An evil empire has risen and the Lylat system is in danger.
As legendary space pilot Fox McCloud, blast through an onslaught of enemy forces to bring peace to the galaxy. In this white-knuckle space shooter, it'll take more than luck to master the Arwing jet, the Gyrowing flight drone, and the Landmaster tank! You have what it takes. Now prove it.
General Pepper needs your help! Use your TV's cinematic view to fly and identify targets and see through the eyes of Fox with the Wii U™ GamePad's screen as you lock onto enemies and fire. You'll also have to use advanced flight techniques like boosting and barrel rolls to survive the relentless assault. With the help of the rest of Team Star Fox , tackle missions in the air and on the ground in a variety of planets teeming with enemies. Then engage vast armadas of powerful ships in outer space dogfights. Master your craft, defy the odds, and earn your face-to-face meeting with Andross. Only you can restore peace to the galaxy!
- Take down an intergalactic onslaught of enemy forces
- Pilot a variety of vehicles in the air and on the ground
- Hone your skills as the legendary pilot, Fox McCloud
- See your surroundings on your TV, and get a different view on the GamePad by tilting it to aim
An evil empire has risen and the Lylat system is in danger. As legendary space pilot Fox McCloud, blast through an onslought of of enemy forces to bring peace to the galaxy. In this white-knuckle space shooter, it'll take more than luck to master the Arwing jet, the Gyrowing flight drone, and the Landmaster tank! You have what it takes. Now prove it.
General pepper needs your help! Use your TV's cinematic view to fly and identify targets and see through the eyes of Fox with the Wii U™ GamePad's screen as you lock onto enemies and fire. You'll also have to use advanced flight techniques like boosting and barrel rolls to survive the relentless assault. With the help of the rest of Team Star Fox , tackle missions in the air and on the ground in a variety of planets teeming with enemies. Then engage vast armadas of powerful ships in outer space dogfights. Master your craft, defy the odds, and earn your face-to-face meeting with Andross. Only you can restore peace to the galaxy!
Many years ago, the scientist Andross was banished to the planet Venom for his unethical experiments. However, Andross had begun to build an army to invade the Lylat system. Star Fox team, consisting of James McCloud, Peppy Hare, and Pigma Dengar, was sent to investigate, but Pigma had already betrayed the group to Andross, leading to James giving up his life so that Peppy could escape.
In the present day, Star Fox team has reformed under James' son Fox McCloud. Now, they must fight to stop the Lylat system from being conquered by Andross's forces.
The game plays most similarly to Star Fox 64. While the television screen displays the standard third-person view, the Wii U GamePad simultaneously displays a first-person view from the vehicle cockpit, and can use motion control for precision aiming. While the left control stick is used to fly, the right stick can be used to do tricks and techniques such as barrel rolling and boosting. All-range segments also return, though the player can hold ZL during these sections to enter into "targeting mode", which will give the player a constant view of the enemy on the television screen. A two-player co-op mode is also available, in which one player uses another compatible controller to control the vehicle, while the other player uses the Wii U GamePad to fire. Overworld progression is similar to Star Fox 64, in that players move from stage to stage until they reach the end, and can take alternate pathways to reach different stages.
In addition to the Arwing, players can also pilot the Landmaster for ground missions and a new vehicle, the Gyrowing for slower-paced missions. By pressing the A button the Arwing will transform into a Walker form, based on the walker segments from the unreleased Star Fox 2. The Landmaster also returns, and can also be transformed into a full-flight mode, while the Gyrowing can release a smaller robot, the "Direct-i", which can be piloted independently from the Gyrowing.
By scanning amiibo, the player can unlock special features in the game. Scanning the Fox amiibo gives the Arwing its SNES Star Fox in-game design, while the Falco amiibo unlocks a red and black Arwing that has more firepower but lower shields. In addition, from the main menu at any point the player can access a demo for Star Fox Guard, the save data for which can be transferred to the full game.
- At the end of the credits sequence is the message, "This game is dedicated to our wingman who fell in battle," a tribute to late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, who passed away in July 2015.
- Star Fox Zero Delayed Until Spring 2016. GameSpot (September 18, 2015). Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker Wii U Bundle Release Dates Announced. GameSpot (August 24, 2015). Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- E3 2014: Connecting Star Fox on Wii U with Project Guard and Project Giant Robot. GameSpot (June 11, 2014). Retrieved March 14, 2016.
|Related NIWA Wiki|