Template talk:Nintendo flagship series
Shouldn't this have the Touch! Generation and Wii series? The former is the parent of the Brain Age and Wii series, and the latter's beginning game has the record for most copies of a game sold. A 19:55, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yeap. I am working on it now, User:Tacopill/Sandbox#Flasgship_Template. Tacopill 20:04, 12 November 2010 (UTC).
- Please check the link above, when you get a chance. Tacopill 04:38, 14 November 2010 (UTC).
Reduction or Expansion?
- Should this template be reduced to what is just Nintendo-involved franchises? if that is the case, Which one's should be removed?
- Alternatively, should this template be expanded and/or tabbed so that it is re-organized and can include stuff like Dragon Quest.
Dragon Quest and Inazuma Eleven
NintendoWiki treats Dragon Quest as a 2nd party franchise, so should it be added to this template? Additionally, the Inazuma Eleven franchise is just as much of a Nintendo flagship series as Professor Layton, and I'm more than capable of making articles for the series, so I definitely think that should be added. With that, an Inazuma Eleven colourscheme will be required, but I'm sure that can be arranged. ToastUltimatum 01:01, 30 September 2012 (UTC)
OK, it's been established that Inazuma Eleven and Dragon Quest should be added, but there's actually more than we first thought. Here;s a complete list of what should be added:
- 1080° Snowboarding - Had two games, Snowboarding and Avalanche.
- Another Code - Had a DS game and a Wii game.
- Art Academy - Had at least two games, on for DS, one for 3DS.
- Balloon Fight - Come on.
- Dragon Quest - Treated as 2nd Party by N Wiki, some games were published by Nintendo. Granted, so is Bayonetta 2, but whatcha gonna do.
- Inazuma Eleven - Had four main games, three of which were released as separate Pokémon-style versions, plus two Wii spinoffs.
- Jam With The Band - Had three DS games.
- Sheriff - Unbeknownst to me, Sheriff actually had a sequel.
- Magical Starsign - Had two games.
And just when we thought we'd got it right, Nintendo announce sequels to Style Boutique and Pushmo / Pullblox. This'll give us 50 franchises, so 5 rows of 10 is the obvious thing to do. I'll make a Style Boutique colourscheme soon, but I'll hold off on Pushmo until we've decided on a series name, as the new game is inconveniently called Fallblox in Europe, with no American name announced. Toast ltimatum 19:04, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
Moved from Tacopill's sandbox
HEY TACO!!! You need to add:
- Do you have the logos for these guys? Tacopill 03:33, 16 November 2010 (UTC).
- Ok, i will add them when i get a chance. And thank you. Tacopill 22:41, 16 November 2010 (UTC).
professor layton shouldn't be here. He is owned and published by Level 5 in Japan. Nintendo simply publish the games in other regions, therefore Layton is not a Nintendo character. same for glory of hercules.
also, magical starsign, hotel dusk, another code and balloon fight are all missing series logos.
- Professor Layton is there b/c Nintendo publishes it in other countries. Also, what are those other franchises you mentioned? Tacopill (Talk) 21:50, 11 December 2010 (UTC).
magical starsign for the DS, Another code series (I think it has a different american name), hotel dusk and the last window are in the same series (europe only), style boutique and the balloon fight series (there's a little known sequel so it definately a series.). they could all do with templates. also, the glory of hercules series is not nintendo as is not endless ocean. I believe they should be removed.
- Ok, may i ask for some links on these series? Also, while i am not discouraging anonymous editing, it be easier to talk with user than a random IP address. Tacopill (Talk) 19:21, 12 December 2010 (UTC).
-  Another Code: Two Memories
-  Hotel Dusk: Room 215
-  Magical Starsign
-  Balloon Fight
-  Style Boutique
there you go. oh, and i will get a username at some point
so... what is happening with these series?
- Sorry, for the delayed responce. I need to Run it past RAP (Talk), first, and see what he says. Tacopill (Talk) 23:23, 22 December 2010 (UTC).
- Another Code - definitely a series, it has two games, although not much of a franchise.
- Hotel Dusk - this and Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, not sure if the latter is the sequel, but both indeed has some connections.
- Magical Starsign - has two games in it, the problem is how to give a name for this series, maybe "Magicial"?
- Balloon Fight - another definite series, it's gameplay is referenced throughout the games.
- Style Boutique - currently a standalone time.
It's very interesting how a variety of Nintendo properties have different origins of ownership, like Starfy owned by TOSE and Nintendo 50/50. --RAP 05:33, 13 March 2011 (UTC)