|Yoshi's Crafted World
Yosshī Kurafuto Wārudo
North American box art.
March 29, 2019
Yoshi's Crafted World is a 2D platforming title in the Yoshi series, developed by Good-Feel and released for Nintendo Switch in March 2019.
Nintendo website (E3 2017)
Discover the flip side of Yoshi’s world
Lead Yoshi on a brand new adventure that will turn everything you’ve come to expect from side-scrolling games upside down! Explore a great, big world decorated like a miniature diorama in a new art style for the franchise, where each side-scrolling stage has the traditional front side as well as a flip side with different views and surprises. Look for items throughout the stage as Yoshi makes his way to the goal. You can even join up with a friend!
- Join Yoshi in this new action platforming game
- Each course offers both a main path and a hidden path that offers different views and surprises
- The lively art style looks like a minature diorama
- Enjoy simultaneous 2-player action
On the highest peak of the island where the Yoshis live is an artifact called the Sundream Stone, said to have the power to grant any wish. Baby Bowser and Kamek, having heard about the stone's powers, arrive on the island to take the stone for themselves. The Yoshis try to stop them, which causes the stone's gemstones to become detached. The Yoshis, Baby Bowser, Kamek, and the stone are sent flying, while the gems are scattered across several worlds.
The game plays similarly to previous 2D Yoshi games. Like in Yoshi's Woolly World, Yoshi is given a heart-based health bar. The game combines elements of 2D and 3D games, allowing Yoshi to move into the background of certain areas along a linear path. The player can begin each stage either from the normal view or the reverse view, allowing them to see elements that otherwise may have gone unseen; certain stages also feature switches that change the perspective when hit.
This title also features 2-player co-operative play.
Yoshi's Crafted World is being developed using Unreal Engine 4.
A demo for the game was released on the Nintendo eShop worldwide on February 13, 2019. The demo requires 511 MB of data to download.
The demo version allows players to play through the first stage of the game, Rail-Yard Run. The stage can be played in both its "Front Side" and "Flip Side" variations. Players can switch between Classic and Mellow Mode, and co-op multiplayer. Once the demo has been cleared, the player will be shown a video showcasing some of the game's other stages, and will be given a prompt to either return to the title screen or visit the Nintendo eShop.
Yoshi's Crafted World on other NIWA Wikis:
- ↑ Yoshi™ for Nintendo Switch (Working Title). e3.nintendo.com. Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Yoshi’s Crafted World - Story Trailer - Nintendo Switch. Nintendo (YouTube; January 8, 2019). Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- ↑ Yoshi's Crafted World - The Story Begins (Nintendo Switch). Nintendo UK (YouTube; January 8, 2019). Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Yoshi (Working Title) - Demonstration - Nintendo E3 2017. Nintendo (YouTube; June 14, 2017). Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- ↑ Yoshi for Nintendo Switch - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017. Nintendo (YouTube; June 13, 2017). Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- ↑ Dana Cowley on Twitter (June 13, 2017). Retrieved February 13, 2019.