Author Topic: Alliance Requests  (Read 174090 times)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Alliance Requests
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2010, 01:05:05 AM »
So, then should i not make one? i mean, it could be a really good one  ;)

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2010, 03:08:04 AM »
Hello, I am member and contributor of WarsWiki, here to ask you to reconsider your rejection of our wiki.

I am not here to boast about our article count, nor do I believe that we have a wiki that is large by any means. I am not here to claim that we have an active community of editors; we literally have 2 active editors (of which I am one), neither of which have much time to contribute. I will not pretend that the community around our wiki regularly helps and contributes to our project; as our admin Jojo said, "God knows this site hasn't been about Advance Wars for a long time." I know why we were rejected; we are simply too small for your standards. But that is why we need an alliance like NIWA; without one, we will not grow enough to meet your standards. I am not kidding when I say that we would not meet a benchmark like 200 articles until around the end of this summer. Though our active community is very small, I am sure some of the Wars Central forum-goers will take interest in the project if the wiki really gets going. And I feel that WarsWiki could truly benefit from not only editors but coders on the other wikis in NIWA.

This alliance was created to provide knowledge about Nintendo's various series and to provide this knowledge on websites that are independent from any wiki conglomerate such as Wikia. But, as the lists in this thread show, only a few series have quality wikis that are also independent. It has been stated that NIWA is interested in accepting other wikis into the alliance; however, I believe that you all must realize that many wikis exist for Nintendo series that are simply underdeveloped and understaffed. WarsWiki is one of these wikis, and we need NIWA. Please accept our request.
Contributor to Wars Wiki interested in both helping NIWA and bringing Wars Wiki into it.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2010, 03:34:16 AM »
are the problems more content-related or wiki-related?

The reason i am asking, is I've only played one Advance Wars game, but i run many wikis. So, i would like to help, but i am afraid i wouldn't be able to contribute much. 

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2010, 03:36:51 AM »
Well I believe the problem was not your size (which I don't personally weigh in THAT much), but the quality of your articles too, but I believe you are correct by assuming that an alliance with NIWA will help

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2010, 03:39:26 AM »
are the problems more content-related or wiki-related?

The reason i am asking, is I've only played one Advance Wars game, but i run many wikis. So, i would like to help, but i am afraid i wouldn't be able to contribute much. 

Mostly content, the wiki runs fine in my experience editing and viewing.
Contributor to Wars Wiki interested in both helping NIWA and bringing Wars Wiki into it.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2010, 03:43:27 AM »
You are totally right, you have my support. I will get to your wiki

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2010, 03:43:59 AM »

Thank you so much!

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2010, 04:02:09 AM »

Thank you so much!
No prob ;) Tomorrow I'll check the wiki to see where it needs help, will improve some articles, etc

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2010, 04:10:27 AM »

Thank you so much!
No prob ;) Tomorrow I'll check the wiki to see where it needs help, will improve some articles, etc

So you will make steps to make WarsWiki a part of NIWA? Or am I misinterpreting your post?

By the way, I PMed the admin (JoJo) of Wars Central about NIWA after I posted here.  So the brass on our side is aware of this.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2010, 04:15:03 AM »

Thank you so much!

So you will make steps to make WarsWiki a part of NIWA? Or am I misinterpreting your post?

By the way, I PMed the admin (JoJo) of Wars Central about NIWA after I posted here.  So the brass on our side is aware of this.
I will :)

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2010, 04:16:26 AM »

Thank you so much!
Great! Thank you!

By the way, I PMed the admin (JoJo) of Wars Central about NIWA after I posted here.  So the brass on our side is aware of this.
Thank you then.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:28:46 AM by Hotchmoney »

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2010, 04:20:02 AM »
There's nothing there?

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2010, 04:23:32 AM »
At WarsWiki? The main page is here.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2010, 04:44:07 AM »

Thank you so much!
Great! Thank you!

<--- no, i mean here.

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2010, 04:46:41 AM »
I don't understand what you're asking.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2010, 05:05:39 AM »
the post i am referring to is had a quote form a previous post, and then nothing new. So, i was curious if you were doing nothing but reposting what was already said.

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2010, 05:36:23 AM »
 Whoops  :-[.
Edited the post.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2010, 06:06:51 AM »
not a problem.

---Edit to prevent necroposting---
Alright, so i seems there maybe problems with a smash wiki. As much as i liked to run one (and i really would), i don't want to infringe on any previous efforts made by someone else. So, for now, my smash wiki is simply a "fun" wiki, where if the staff at the niwa likes what we've done, we maybe allowed to migrate some of it over.

Which means i am now switching to the mother/earthbound wiki. Which may have it's own problems, as i have limited play time with the games.
Is anyone interested in helping me out on this? or should i scrap the idea? 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:02:21 PM by tacopill »

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »
I think the Wikis should add the abillity for intergrated accounts.
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »
I think the Wikis should add the abillity for intergrated accounts.
Nice suggestion, bu it had been previously discussed here and between admins, and for the moment, I think there won't be this.