Author Topic: Alliance Requests  (Read 185156 times)

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance Requests
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
I was kinda hoping this would be a Nintendo site, not a games only on Nintendo systems site, but whatever

What I was saying is that Ace Attorney is a second-party series, being published by Nintendo. Series like Kirby (which is developed by HAL Laboratory) and Fire Emblem (which is developed by Intelligent Systems) are second-party, so it isn't much of a reach.

So series like Sonic, Megaman, etc. wouldn't be covered, but Ace Attorney is an exception.
Nintendo was Publisher for Ace Attorney only in Australia

We had agreed Ace Attorney was eligible for alliance before my posts about it being second-party. This just makes it a bit more legitimate.
Contributor to Wars Wiki interested in both helping NIWA and bringing Wars Wiki into it.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2010, 12:06:51 AM »
Megaman does not belong in the NIWA. It is not exclusive to Nintendo consoles. Ace Attorney's ports on the iPhone can be overlooked for two reasons. First, the iPhone is not even a serious video game console, nor is it a competitor to the DS. The release of Ace Attorney on the iPhone barely takes away from the exclusive status it has on the Nintendo DS. Additionally, the iPhone ports were just a minor afterthought, whereas the release of Megaman games on other consoles are planned. In no way whatsoever does Capcom even attempt to maintain Megaman as a franchise exclusive to Nintnedo consoles.

Those who have followed this thread since its beginning will know that Sonic was ruled ineligible for the same reasons. If you let Megaman in, then you'd have to let Sonic in. Then it will be Street Fighter, Bomberman, and Contra. These don't belong in this alliance.

As far as No More Heroes goes, its only been two games. It's too early to tell if it will stay Nintendo-exclusive. Besides that, two games does not warrant a wiki fit for this alliance. Games like Kid Icarus, Ballon Fight, Wrecking Crew, and Game & Watch are more deserving of a wiki; yet, they will more likely than not end up in a meta-wiki where No More Heroes also belongs.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 12:09:50 AM by vince220 »

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2010, 12:15:21 AM »
so it's agreed that an Ace Attorney wiki should be made?

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:56 AM »
so it's agreed that an Ace Attorney wiki should be made?
Tucayo said a couple days ago:
It appears Ace Attorney would be elligible for an affiliation.
So yes. And it looks like everything else (NMH, Megaman, etc.) is ineligible.

As a side note, the Professor Layton series is in the same boat that Ace Attorney is in, being published by Nintendo everywhere but Japan.
Contributor to Wars Wiki interested in both helping NIWA and bringing Wars Wiki into it.

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
  • Non-English Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2010, 12:40:21 AM »
Oh gosh! Something is missing in the following list!

1) Franchises With an Already Aligned Wiki
  • The Legend of Zelda (Zelda Wiki)
  • Mario/Donkey Kong (Super Mario Wiki)
  • Pokémon (Bulbapedia)

2) Franchises With Wikis That Need More Growth Before Joining NIWA
  • Animal Crossing (In the works)
  • Kirby (WiKirby)
  • Metroid (Metroid Wiki)
  • Star Fox (Lylat Wiki)
  • Super Smash Bros. (Reserved by NIWA staff)
  • Wars (Wars Wiki)

3) Popular Nintendo Franchises Without Independent Wikis
  • Earthbound/Mother
  • F-Zero
  • Fire Emblem
  • Nintendogs
  • Pikmin
  • Punch-Out!!

4) Less Important Franchises Without Wikis
  • 1080°
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Custom Robo
  • Excite
  • Game & Watch
  • Golden Sun
  • Kid Icarus
  • The Legendary Starfy
  • Magical Starsign/Vacation
  • Pilotwings
  • Puzzle League
  • Sin & Punishment
  • Touch! Generations/Wii
  • Wave Race

Apparently, you guys had forgotten to add the... heh... often forgotten StarTropics series! Yeah, there were only two games, but Kid Icarus had two games as well. Oh, what about Wrecking Crew? What about Ice Climber? What about Balloon Fight? Duck Hunt? Clu Clu Land? Oh, there is also Nintendo relatively new downloadable Art Style series for both WiiWare and DSiWare! Anyone played the sequel to Endless Ocean yet?

Seriously, guys! There are so many Nintendo one-timers that deserve to be up there with the other Nintendo giants! In case you're totally unaware of the entire list of games owned by Nintendo in some way or another, you can always refer to NinDB's list of gaming franchises! Also keep in mind many games and series never seen the light of day outside Japan yet, despite the fact more of them are being internationally released with later games!

Apparently, they do not consider either Ace Attorney or Trauma as Nintendo franchises!

Oh, that reminds me. Anyone here noticed the Glory of Heracles series is finally seeing international release after it reamerged as a brand-new Nintendo franchise? You can read about the history of the series here. This series may have always appeared only to Nintendo consoles, but it never belonged to Nintendo until their creators went bankrupt, and Nintendo, with Paon, acquired all copyrights to series before finally making the lastest installment on the Nintendo DS, which was a first for the game as it saw an overseas release!

By the way, if you're talking about Wii and Touch! Generations games collectively, does this mean it should include games such Big Brain Academy, Brain Age (Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training to PAL users), Electroplankton, Master of Illusion, Picross, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Sports, and many others?
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2010, 12:44:58 AM »
Apparently, they do not consider either Ace Attorney or Trauma as Nintendo franchises!

We've established that oh so many times now. read the last 2 pages of post or so again.

About everything else: all of those are either too small to warrant their own wiki, are japanese series that barely anyone can get info on to make a successful wiki, or will be in the wiki for smaller series.

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2010, 01:34:58 AM »

And no offense, but the rulings of the NIWA staff overrule ninDB (which certainty is a reputable source, nonetheless).

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2010, 12:48:24 AM »
TO summarize:
Ace Attorney: Yes
NMH, Megaman, Sonic: No

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2010, 01:38:39 AM »
TO summarize:
Ace Attorney: Yes
NMH, Megaman, Sonic: No
Agreed.

Professor Layton is a series with two trilogies, one complete and one in progress, a film, and another film in the works. Like Ace Attorney, it is Nintendo-exclusive and is partially published by Nintendo (except Layton is published by Nintendo everywhere but Japan). I'm not really a fan of the series, but I thought I would bring this up because I found out about it when I was researching Ace Attorney's publishers.

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:54 AM »
Professor Layton seems to be more likely to be accepted than ace attorney, and ace attorney was, so...

Offline Hotchmoney

• Wars Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2010, 04:46:08 AM »
Professor Layton seems to be more likely to be accepted than ace attorney, and ace attorney was, so...

Agreed. Assuming anyone wants to make it, it should be eligible.

List as of now, changes in bold:

1) Franchises With an Already Aligned Wiki
  • The Legend of Zelda (Zelda Wiki)
  • Mario/Donkey Kong (Super Mario Wiki)
  • Pokémon (Bulbapedia)

2) Franchises With Wikis That Need More Growth Before Joining NIWA
  • Animal Crossing (In the works)
  • Kirby (WiKirby)
  • Metroid (Metroid Wiki)
  • Star Fox (Lylat Wiki)
  • Super Smash Bros. (Reserved by NIWA staff)
  • Wars (Wars Wiki)

3) Popular Nintendo Franchises Without Independent Wikis
  • Earthbound/Mother
  • F-Zero
  • Fire Emblem
  • Pikmin
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Ace Attorney
  • Prof. Layton (not official, but presumably)
  • Trauma Center? (not sure yet)
  • Golden Sun (what Jo said)

4) Less Important Franchises Without Wikis
  • 1080°
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Custom Robo
  • Excite
  • Game & Watch
  • Kid Icarus
  • The Legendary Starfy
  • Magical Starsign/Vacation
  • Nintendogs (debatable, but I think it is minor)
  • Pilotwings
  • Puzzle League
  • Sin & Punishment
  • Touch! Generations/Wii
  • Wave Race

Anything else is probably not significant enough for its own wiki and articles pertaining to it will be on the proposed meta-wiki. If anyone has a series they believe to be large enough for a standalone wiki, say so in this thread.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:38:06 PM by Hotchmoney »

Offline JoJo

• Wars Wiki Staff
  • Wars Wiki/Wars Central Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • Wars Central
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2010, 04:37:53 PM »
I would call Golden Sun an important one without a Wiki- and with an impeding third game in the series, I would say now is the time to get one initiated if at all possible. Ride the wave, so to speak.

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »
Now that we have this "What Making a Wiki" business sorted out, who is making what and when if needed?

Look for Big Red on the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Private Servers.

Proud supporter of NIWA Wikis!

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2010, 11:58:38 PM »
I'm not an expert at any of the franchises under category 3, but I would be able to help with the basics of any of the potential wikis. I'm also willing to do research on any of the franchises.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2010, 02:31:09 AM »
currently i'm helping put the star fox wiki. When that is more up and running, i'd be more than willing to help put up another wiki.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »
Well, people, for those franchises that dont have a wiki, or that are too minor, we, the NIWA staff, are planning to make a Nintendo Wiki to cover Nintendo stuff and those franchises :)

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
so we should only concern ourselves with the major series, excluding AC and Smash, correct?

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »
Correct :police:

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »
Well, people, for those franchises that dont have a wiki, or that are too minor, we, the NIWA staff, are planning to make a Nintendo Wiki to cover Nintendo stuff and those franchises :)

Would you say that all of the following franchises are deserving of their own wiki, or do you think any of these franchises are too minor?

•Earthbound/Mother
•F-Zero
•Fire Emblem
•Pikmin
•Punch-Out!!
•Ace Attorney
•Prof. Layton (not official, but presumably)
•Trauma Center? (not sure yet)
•Golden Sun (what Jo said)

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2010, 11:09:51 PM »

Would you say that all of the following franchises are deserving of their own wiki, or do you think any of these franchises are too minor?

•Earthbound/Mother
•F-Zero
•Fire Emblem
•Pikmin
•Punch-Out!!
•Ace Attorney
•Prof. Layton (not official, but presumably)
•Trauma Center? (not sure yet)
•Golden Sun (what Jo said)

Ace Attorney, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, and Punch-Out!! are the two biggest franchises there, they should have their own wikis, though F-Zero and Fire Emblem would pose some problems due to some games being Japan only. The others are big in their own right and have new games coming in (except for Mother, which I would say is a gray area for that list)