Author Topic: NIWA Community Thread 2013  (Read 276983 times)

Offline Miles of SmashWiki

• Sinister Trivia Villain
  • SmashWiki Staff
  • "Trying to seem mysterious is my hobby."
    • View Profile
    • AllisBrawl profile
Re: NIWA Community Thread 2010
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2010, 11:56:40 PM »
I was shooting for just top-of-the-head knowledge if possible, I suppose.

Srsbsns is always lurking (?_?)

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:15 AM »
Do you mean where the whole quote comes from or just a part?

Off-topic from most other discussion, but do you think that NIWA has been getting too many members lately? I mean about half just joined in the last month, and another one (hopefully WikiBound) is coming. Maybe Wikia has been a bit bad with business lately, with many wikis moving off their servers, mostly to ShoutWiki, as shown in this link: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Anti-Wikia_Alliance/linkdatabase

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2010, 01:16:54 AM »
I was shooting for just top-of-the-head knowledge if possible, I suppose.
In that case, I only know that the abbreviation means "serious business"...

Off-topic from most other discussion, but do you think that NIWA has been getting too many members lately? I mean about half just joined in the last month, and another one (hopefully WikiBound) is coming. Maybe Wikia has been a bit bad with business lately, with many wikis moving off their servers, mostly to ShoutWiki, as shown in this link: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Anti-Wikia_Alliance/linkdatabase
What do you mean by too many? There've been a lot, but is that a bad thing, you think? The front page might get too big for me to take screenshots of every time it changes (I missed a few times), and the bar up there might get too big too. But otherwise I don't see that much of a problem.

Also, I think it'll be WikiBound too, but you never know!

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »
What do you mean by too many? There've been a lot, but is that a bad thing, you think? The front page might get too big for me to take screenshots of every time it changes (I missed a few times), and the bar up there might get too big too. But otherwise I don't see that much of a problem.

Also, I think it'll be WikiBound too, but you never know!

I'm not saying that it is a bad thing; it's a very good thing that NIWA is growing. I don't know why, but I find it somewhat weird. And hopefully there won't be a time when the bar takes over the whole page. I mean we're now at 12 wikis, with 4 wikis trying to join, not counting the to-join wiki and counting DK wiki. That would put the total to 16, and even more considering the second-party series and other first party ones like F-Zero. I don't know, I guess the garden is just hitting a time of prosperity.

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2010, 10:25:58 PM »
Who are the wikis attempting to join? I know FE, DK, and WikiBound are.

All it needs is a front page redesign.

Also, we've made plans to resurrect an F-Zero Wiki, with some NIWA people serving as Admins till the time to go independent is near.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2010, 10:46:48 PM »
Who are the wikis attempting to join? I know FE, DK, and WikiBound are.

All it needs is a front page redesign.

Also, we've made plans to resurrect an F-Zero Wiki, with some NIWA people serving as Admins till the time to go independent is near.
Animal Crossing and Glitch Cities "Project Phoenix" are two, and the ones you mentioned are the others.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
Ace Attorney is planned; and I think Gamehiker is recovering from vandalism (can't remember if I read this somewhere or if it's just my imagination).

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2010, 01:45:34 AM »
Ace Attorney is planned; and I think Gamehiker is recovering from vandalism (can't remember if I read this somewhere or if it's just my imagination).

it true. they were hacked a less than week after we made an offer.

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2010, 10:14:37 AM »

Ace Attorney is planned but it's not getting anywhere.
SO far. the best option looks to be getting the wikia one to leave wikia, honestly.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2010, 12:26:56 AM »
YAY! I just got an email from gamestop, my copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns and the banana pouch holder was just shipped!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2010, 03:16:27 AM »
YAY! I just got an email from gamestop, my copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns and the banana pouch holder was just shipped!

woo! "banana pouch holder" for the win!

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2010, 04:39:57 AM »

it shall sit on a shelf and collect dust like all the other free stuff I got from Nintendo over the years

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2010, 04:43:16 AM »

it shall sit on a shelf and collect dust like all the other free stuff I got from Nintendo over the years

yea, that's why i don't go out and get things like that.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2010, 02:29:54 AM »

I payed for three day shipping, it shipped Friday (11/19) it won't be delivered until the 29, so I payed the extra money for nothing

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2010, 03:01:43 AM »

I payed for three day shipping, it shipped Friday (11/19) it won't be delivered until the 29, so I payed the extra money for nothing

Well, it's 3 busniess days. Which, if you include the time dilation of the earth and the crossing of the international date line......is really 10.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2010, 12:37:01 PM »

Well, it's 3 busniess days. Which, if you include the time dilation of the earth and the crossing of the international date line......is really 10.

I tried email UPS about it, all I got was the typical non-answer reply

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »

I tried email UPS about it, all I got was the typical non-answer reply

[joke]
Well, shipping  doesn't happen on sundays, thanksgiving and such; plus you throw in what i said earlier and budget cutbacks, you should be seeing it  sometime after New Years
[/joke]

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »
So what does the new wiki cover?

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
Apparently it covers Nintendo as a whole, but isn't as in depth about video games and series as the member wikis are.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
Apparently it covers Nintendo as a whole, but isn't as in depth about video games and series as the member wikis are.

This, along with corporate, financial, legal,  public relations, historical, cultural, etc. stuff about Nintendo; but nothing series specific.