Author Topic: New Alliance Requests  (Read 98799 times)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: New Alliance Requests
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2010, 02:26:05 AM »
Sadly, I don't believe that it's a "Nintendo Franchise" as has been defined in the post you cite. However, the series has a long history on Nintendo consoles, with a good bulk of them (over 75%) being on Nintendo consoles. It may not be the most "faithful" of franchises, but it is a franchise of respectable size that is still growing. I feel it would be a shame not to include Harvest Moon/Rune Factory in NIWA.

True. If the organization decides to open up to franchises that aren't just by nintendo, but rather to include 3rd party franchises that are basically nintendo-exclusives, i think we should definitly try to get them in.

Out of curiosity, what company is priniciply responsible for the franchise?

This is a small consideration for now and not a real request, but I wanted NIWA to know early off: Yesterday I launched a Wikkii hosted website focussing on the Balloon Fight series at http://balloon.wikkii.com/.

I am interested in the series, owning two games (Balloon Fight and Balloon Kid) though I could not find any other wikis focussing on information about any other Balloon Fight games, (with the exception of ZeldaWiki with an article about Tingle's Balloon Fight DS and Wikipedia's page about Balloon Fight, which briefly mentions the series) so I decided to start my own Balloon Fight Wiki for other people to read and contribute to.

At the moment there are only 20 articles but I wanted to ask whether anybody likes the idea. Of course, in concept Balloon Fight wiki realistically would not be ready for affiliation until the later months of 2011. The articles at the moment are very short with the most informative article being Fish at 3,864 bytes.

Welcome aboard Torchic, and cool that you have started a wiki. Feel free to explore and post on these forums for any help you need. I am sure there is at least one person around here who could come up with a solution for whatever problem you have, you just got to get the wiki out there to attract editors.

Please keep in mind, in order to be a member, you will eventually need to be independent of any wiki farm. Still, Wikkii is a good start, as they give you a lot of control over the wiki, while asking for minimal in return.

Welcome again, and i look forward to seeing the Wiki grow.

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2010, 02:39:09 AM »
Sadly, I don't believe that it's a "Nintendo Franchise" as has been defined in the post you cite. However, the series has a long history on Nintendo consoles, with a good bulk of them (over 75%) being on Nintendo consoles. It may not be the most "faithful" of franchises, but it is a franchise of respectable size that is still growing. I feel it would be a shame not to include Harvest Moon/Rune Factory in NIWA.

True. If the organization decides to open up to franchises that aren't just by nintendo, but rather to include 3rd party franchises that are basically nintendo-exclusives, i think we should definitly try to get them in.

This is a small consideration for now and not a real request, but I wanted NIWA to know early off: Yesterday I launched a Wikkii hosted website focussing on the Balloon Fight series at http://balloon.wikkii.com/.

I am interested in the series, owning two games (Balloon Fight and Balloon Kid) though I could not find any other wikis focussing on information about any other Balloon Fight games, (with the exception of ZeldaWiki with an article about Tingle's Balloon Fight DS and Wikipedia's page about Balloon Fight, which briefly mentions the series) so I decided to start my own Balloon Fight Wiki for other people to read and contribute to.

At the moment there are only 20 articles but I wanted to ask whether anybody likes the idea. Of course, in concept Balloon Fight wiki realistically would not be ready for affiliation until the later months of 2011. The articles at the moment are very short with the most informative article being Fish at 3,864 bytes.

Welcome aboard Torchic, and cool that you have started a wiki. Feel free to explore and post on these forums for any help you need. I am sure there is at least one person around here who could come up with a solution for whatever problem you have, you just got to get the wiki out there to attract editors.

Please keep in mind, in order to be a member, you will eventually need to be independent of any wiki farm. Still, Wikkii is a good start, as they give you a lot of control over the wiki, while asking for minimal in return.

Welcome again, and i look forward to seeing the Wiki grow.
I joined your wiki and hope the best for it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:37:24 PM by TurtwigA »

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Torchickens

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
Thank you Tacopill and Turtwig A.
Hello. I identify as female. She/her pronouns please. :)

(credits to Moydow)

I spend a lot of my time making videos about Pokémon glitches on my Youtube channel ChickasaurusGL.

I'm the editor in chief of Starfy Wiki. Let me know or Tappy know of any bugs or other concerns. :)

Discord: Torchickens #3213
Twitter: Torchickens
Email: [email protected]

Offline Koroku

• Golden Sun Universe Staff
  • Wikimoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2010, 10:30:29 PM »
Harvest Moon (???? Bokuj? Monogatari?, lit. "The Farm Story") is a series of life simulation/farm simulation/role-playing video games produced by Victor Interactive Software (acquired by Marvelous Entertainment in 2003) and was originally created by Yasuhiro Wada in 1996.
From Wikipedia. :P

There is a Wikia... can't find a independent one tho. Couple other Wikifarms ones.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2010, 11:16:50 PM »
if Harvest Moon can join what about Dragon Quest?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2010, 07:01:42 AM »
Harvest Moon (???? Bokuj? Monogatari?, lit. "The Farm Story") is a series of life simulation/farm simulation/role-playing video games produced by Victor Interactive Software (acquired by Marvelous Entertainment in 2003) and was originally created by Yasuhiro Wada in 1996.
From Wikipedia. :P

There is a Wikia... can't find a independent one tho. Couple other Wikifarms ones.

i was kind of hoping he would tell me  :P
if Harvest Moon can join what about Dragon Quest?

I Would need to take it up with the staff. But worth a try.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »
I think Natsume is in charge of Harvest Moon.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2010, 12:20:26 AM »

Ok, is there any other wiki's based on franchises also by Natsume?  ;D

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2010, 12:25:11 AM »

are there any other franchises made by Natsume?

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2010, 01:10:20 AM »

They developed Kirby: Squeak Squad and Ninja Gaiden Shadow. They also published Medabots Infinity for the GameCube. Aside from Harvest Moon, they don't really own any major franchises. Most of their work has been with one game in a series, or ports, or licensed games.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2010, 02:00:54 AM »

They developed Kirby: Squeak Squad and Ninja Gaiden Shadow. They also published Medabots Infinity for the GameCube. Aside from Harvest Moon, they don't really own any major franchises. Most of their work has been with one game in a series, or ports, or licensed games.

Aw...man. I was hoping we could get another IWA going sometime in the future.....  :'(

ah well.

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2010, 02:10:48 AM »

Aw...man. I was hoping we could get another IWA going sometime in the future.....  :'(

ah well.
Maybe they will release enough series to get an IWA one day...

Is the Eggerland series considered a Nintendo series because it is published by HAL Laboratory, albeit mostly on non-Nintendo systems?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:13:17 AM by TurtwigA »

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2010, 02:15:29 AM »
I've considered covering them on WiKirby, since Lolo and Lala are basically Kirby characters now. Consider how Mario Wiki covers spin offs.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2010, 02:24:14 AM »
Are Eggerland and The Adventures of Lolo the same series?

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2010, 02:27:21 AM »
Eggerland is the parent series of it. I've always considered it as the parent series of the Kirby series as well.

Offline Koroku

• Wikimoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2010, 06:28:21 AM »
Not really, they just do English localization and distribution...

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2010, 03:29:57 PM »
According to Wikipedia, Victor Interactive Software originally produced Harvest Moon, but Marvelous Entertainment Inc. acquired it in 2003 when they bought out VIS.

Offline Koroku

• Wikimoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2010, 04:57:13 PM »
According to Wikipedia, Victor Interactive Software originally produced Harvest Moon, but Marvelous Entertainment Inc. acquired it in 2003 when they bought out VIS.
Which I just quoted :P

So sadly, Harvest Moon really can't join. :(

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2010, 05:06:25 PM »
Which I just quoted :P
My bad...  :-\

Offline Malake256

• Metroid Wiki Staff
  • It actually glows...
    • View Profile
    • Metroid Wiki Admin
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »
So sadly, Harvest Moon really can't join. :(

Yes they can. Who cares if they're nintendo or not? They're nintendo enough lol. See strategy wiki joined. Nintendo-ness is something we really need to work on. We have decided that eventually there will be some foundation with grounds to add any independent wiki. But not now..
My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)