Author Topic: Characters in Next SSB  (Read 92143 times)

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
Re: Characters in Next SSB
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2011, 10:22:40 PM »
I know that too
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2011, 12:32:15 AM »
Here are some characters whom I want out. Color me negative, but here I go anyway:

Captain Falcon, and everything related to F-Zero. Purge the whole series' presence and let it die with some dignity.

Captain Joke Character's presence in SSB isn't helping the F-Zero series at all, but murdering it, cold-blooded. People don't even bother to look into the series as a result of his moves being the way they are (USE THE GUN ALREADY).

And Sheik:

1. Huge spoiler for OoT.
2. She was an NPC at best in that game, doing nothing but providing Link with warp songs.

And as a result, people only like and care about her in Melee & Brawl, not in OoT. I don't care if she is Zelda (hence the first point). Just change Zelda's Down special to something else. And lastly, this is causing people to expect Sheik to appear in another Zelda game, which she never will. Ever.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:56:25 AM by BooDestroyer »

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2011, 02:10:56 AM »
Well, Ness and Lucas are in them, and they have yet to be removed from being in a dead series. I think there is a consperacy...

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2011, 02:35:04 AM »
But at least the Mother/Earthbound series has met its end fair and square and isn't being disrespected by Ness and Lucas's presence. The corpse of F-Zero is getting beaten even harder with just Captain Falcon and his Falcon Punch, making people not even notice the series (as buried deep as it is).

Anyone played any F-Zero games? If you have, you'll see that the SSB Falcon is not Captain Falcon at all. People like only him, but not F-Zero.

In short, Falcon didn't help promote the F-Zero series in Smash Bros. at all. He killed it with his Falcon Punch.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:53:01 AM by BooDestroyer »

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2011, 03:03:31 AM »
Characters that need to be thrown out are...

Ike- A terrible clone of Marth.
Link- He is upped in every aspect with Toon Link, plus Younger Link has appeared in more games than adult Link (including the original).
Zelda/Shiek- Not throw them out, but replace them with Toon Zelda/ Tetra.
Jigglypuff- A joke that was fun in SSB and Melee, but is outdated now that the original series is gone.
Charizard and Ivysaur- Why are they so special that they get to be evolved?! Give 'em Charmander and Bulbasaur.
Purple and White Pikmin- These belong to Louie, thank you very much.

Please Nintendo, honor the death of F-Zero, not just throw a random character in there and a 40-second trial of his game!!!
I blame the economy.

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »
Yeah, totally agreed on Captain Falcon and SSB. I feel really bad for (actual) F-Zero fans for having to deal with everyone being like "OH, F-ZERO??? FALCON PAAWWNNCHHH HUR HUR SHOW ME UR MOVES!!!!". :(

I don't think Shiek/Zelda is much of a spoiler anymore, though. Thanks to the Internet and it being almost a 13-year-old game, I think everyone pretty much knows about that plot twist... it's sort of like "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE".

Clones I'm not sure about them disappearing anytime soon. Some people prefer one character over the other as far as personal preferences go, and won't mind that it's technically "outclassed".

Well, Ness and Lucas are in them, and they have yet to be removed from being in a dead series. I think there is a consperacy...
A game not being released in four years doesn't mean the entire series is dead. It's still plenty popular in Japan, and has had a bunch of merchandise released over the past couple of months. :| F-Zero I don't know much about, but I don't think anything has really happened to it lately. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though!
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 05:05:13 AM »
am I the only one here who likes F-Zero?, Capt Falcon should stay.

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 05:15:22 AM »
am I the only one here who likes F-Zero?, Capt Falcon should stay.
It's not that it's not liked, but it's more that Capt Falcon's portrayal in Smash Bros. is ruining what people think of the series. Like they think that he's this guy who runs around yelling FALCON PAWNCH and SHOW ME YOUR MOVES all the time.

...If anything it's more "he should stay out of Brawl because we like F-Zero and don't want it to be ruined further with this nonsense", if I'm picking that up correctly.
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 05:34:50 AM »
"SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE".
I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK YET.

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2011, 06:40:33 AM »
I didn't say get rid of CF, just don't embarrass him by making him just some loud, shouty, generic Speed Racer character and maybe give him some friends as fighters.
I blame the economy.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 04:38:27 AM »
Maybe not get rid of him, but at least reinvent him in such away that honor's the franchise and character.

It's the same with a few other characters as well, like Sonic. 

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »
While I think Snake and Sonic were fine, I don't there should be any more third-party characters. The focus shouldn't be taken too far away from Nintendo.

I totally want Stanley the Bugman in the next Smash Bros.. It's time for him and Donkey Kong to meet once more and fight yet again. I mean sure, Donkey Kong will be using his fists this time, but I'm sure a can of pesticides will be strong enough to stop the giant gorilla from coming up to him and simply breaking his spine in one go.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »
Personally, I think Mega Man should be added for a third-party character in addition to Snake and Sonic. (And because Mega Man's creator said in an interview he'd say yes if they asked him)

And because Mega Man is a SUPER-FIGHTING-ROBOT.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »
Personally, I think Mega Man should be added for a third-party character in addition to Snake and Sonic. (And because Mega Man's creator said in an interview he'd say yes if they asked him)

And because Mega Man is a SUPER-FIGHTING-ROBOT.

Mega Man is a definite want for me, but outside of him, i am fine with no additional 3rd characters.

Click the link!

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
I wouldn't mind Mega Man in SBB, he's well-known in Nintendo anyway. But any other third-party characters might be overdoing it. Besides, doing more than three of something is like blasphemy.

And now you are eternally trapped. There is no escape.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »
That doesn't work for me, since I always have at least one TVTropes page open.

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »
Maybe not get rid of him, but at least reinvent him in such away that honor's the franchise and character.
Exactly. With how it is now, people like only him, not the series he's from.

There's a difference between F-Zero fan and Captain Falcon fan. Smash Bros. is making more of the latter than it is the former, which totally backfires on the series.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:02:26 PM by BooDestroyer »

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2011, 08:38:05 PM »

There's a difference between F-Zero fan and Captain Falcon fan. Smash Bros. is making more of the latter than it is the former, which totally backfires on the series.

yea, i hear you. Now, how do we tell Masahiro Sakurai about this? hm......

eh, i have been slowly getting rid of my tvtropes addiction. I now rarely go on...  :)

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:06 PM »

eh, i have been slowly getting rid of my tvtropes addiction. I now rarely go on...  :)
That's a bad thing. Very bad thing.

Send him a strongly worded letter.

I'll start.

Dear Sakurai.

No.

Hi Masahiro.

No.

Howdy Sakurai.

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 12:54:15 AM »
Okay, you say "yea, i hear you", but are you sure you actually got that?

Okay, I'll put it in another way. When you try to search for an F-Zero fansite, what you're gonna get is this:

A single tacky page with "FALCON PUNCH!!" (in large blue Times New Roman font) followed by several poorly animated GIFs of him doing so.