Author Topic: Your Opinions on Black and White  (Read 29431 times)

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Your Opinions on Black and White
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 01:01:50 AM »
The way I see it, the gameplay and graphics have improved since Gen I while the Pokemon have declined since Gen I.
*nostalgia fanboy alert*

The first Gen of Pokémon (why does everyone forget the "é"?) was easily the worst designed.

Too much effort to go alt whatever the numbers are.

And how come you say that the older Pokemon were poorly designed? How about the rubbish bag, teddy bear with a runny nose? Are you saying that they are good? Because they are not.
They're bloody better than "The rock" or "The bat" or "The Clay" or the "Dinosaur with a Bulb on it's back" or the "Lizard with a flame on the tail" or the "Turtle with a squirrel tail".

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 09:17:15 PM »
The way I see it, the gameplay and graphics have improved since Gen I while the Pokemon have declined since Gen I.
*nostalgia fanboy alert*

The first Gen of Pokémon (why does everyone forget the "é"?) was easily the worst designed.

Too much effort to go alt whatever the numbers are.

And how come you say that the older Pokemon were poorly designed? How about the rubbish bag, teddy bear with a runny nose? Are you saying that they are good? Because they are not.
They're bloody better than "The rock" or "The bat" or "The Clay" or the "Dinosaur with a Bulb on it's back" or the "Lizard with a flame on the tail" or the "Turtle with a squirrel tail".

I stand by my previous opinion, that each generation's/region's Pokémon have it's own quirks and charms.

The first generation maybe boring in comparison to some of gen III's or IV's guys, but they did set the standard for all generations following it.

I'm not going to say it was the best ever,  nor am i going to say it was the worse ever. I simply ask for people to observe, that if it wasn't for the first gen, then there would probably be no second, third, fourth or fifth. And that merit's it some respect.

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2011, 08:35:27 PM »
The designs for Pokemon in any generation are hit and miss. While I'm not a big fan of the garbage bag Pokemon, I think they're a lot better than Gulpin and Swalot. I also appreciate the idea of garbage Pokemon. I sorta wish there was Steel/Poison toxic waste barrel Pokemon.

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:21 PM »
My favourite design of a Pokemon this generation is Accelgor though I guess. The ninja design is awesome! Better than a lot of Pokemon that generation, even though his evolution method is stupid.

Also, I like Gulpin and Swalot. Great looking Pokemon.

Offline Sazandora

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
I've got White and it is easily one of my favorite Pokemon games. Right up there with Soulsilver, for sure. The graphics are amazing, while some of the names and designs of Pokemon aren't that great. Really, some of my least favorite designs and some of my favorite are in this generation. But the routes, bridges, and battles look amazing.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 12:58:14 AM »
I've got White and it is easily one of my favorite Pokemon games. Right up there with Soulsilver, for sure. The graphics are amazing, while some of the names and designs of Pokemon aren't that great. Really, some of my least favorite designs and some of my favorite are in this generation. But the routes, bridges, and battles look amazing.

i will agree to this!

Also, i do like N as a villain. He was honestly trying to change the world for what he thought was right.

I can totally relate.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 01:01:32 AM »
I'd prefer if N was a girl.

SHUT UP

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 07:14:58 AM »
N was just brought up to feel that way. Ghetis was the evil one. N was just fighting for what he believed in (in ways that were wrong, granted) but he wasn't the real bad guy of the story.

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 05:00:40 PM »
Having just finished my Pokemon Black game, I will say this about Pokemon Black:
Team Plasma is the best villainous team of all time. N makes for a great anti-hero, and the ending of the game (from N defeating the Champion to you defeating N and Ghetsis) is one of the best climaxes to the game. The music during that time period is incredible, and the way that N says goodbye and then the game flashes to the credits was just plain awesome.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »
I do have one problem with the end of the game.

[spoiler]
Every new trainer is at least level 65, where i am still in the mid-50's. I hate level grinding.
[/spoiler]

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
How does a move with 100% accuracy keep missing?

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2011, 03:13:57 AM »

[spoiler]
Every new trainer is at least level 65, where i am still in the mid-50's. I hate level grinding.
[/spoiler]
I competely agree. There is some chick with a purugly that I keep avoiding. Also, no pokemon are in white forest. I really have to sync up just for one freaking pokemon to appear?!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 08:38:02 PM »
How does a move with 100% accuracy keep missing?

is it specifically 100% or is it "-"?

the reason i ask, is if it is a 100%; it might be a computer error, or a move like "sand-attack" or "double team".

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
I competely agree. There is some chick with a purugly that I keep avoiding. Also, no pokemon are in white forest. I really have to sync up just for one freaking pokemon to appear?!

Indeed. It angers me so......

I have come to a conclusion: This maybe my the last versions that i am playing. 649 is a little much for me to collect; and the restraints of 6-team members and 4-moves-per-member is increasingly restraining, as there are now too many options for me to decide through. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:50:20 PM by tacopill »

Offline Blue Ninjakoopa

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 04:31:35 AM »
Imo, the game is pretty good. Amazing graphics, the music was tolerable, and the new Pokemon are all very creative. I hope I'm not shifting the subject or anything lol. ^^;
"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction."
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

You wouldn't have to sync up if you completed the game fast enough. The faster you complete the game and get to white Forest, the more Pokemon you get.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2015, 08:07:04 PM »
Ehhh it's really hard for me to get into pokemon unless it has the camera feature from pokemon snap