Games with internal revisions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is incomplete.|
You can help by filling in the missing information.
The games with internal revisions refer to Nintendo-published games with non-language related revision changes within the same game. Add-on content will not be listed here but rather subtle changes such as glitch fixes.
- Tetris (Game Boy): Two revisions (v1.0 (Special Link Bundle) and v1.1): V1.0 contains Minuet for the A-Type theme, and v1.1 changed it to Korobeiniki.
- The Chessmaster: Two revisions (v1.0, v1.1): Changes unknown
- Donkey Kong (Game Boy): Two revisions (v1.0, v1.1): Changes unknown
- Donkey Kong Land III: Two revisions (v1.0, v1.1): Changes unknown
- Dr. Mario (Game Boy): Two revisions (v1.0, v1.1): Changes unknown
- F-1 Race (Game Boy): Two revsions (v1.0, v1.1): Changes unknown
- Pokémon Red and Green Versions: Two revisions (v1.0, v1.1): V1.1 partially fixes the closed menu Select glitch without completely disabling it. Specifically it can no longer be exploited from only the battle screen, and the selected option must be carried over from outside of battle.
- Pokémon Yellow Version (Japanese): Four revisions (v1.0, v1.1, v1.2, v1.3) : V1.3 fixes a boulder and switch glitch where the boulder puzzles in Victory Road could be bypassed by having Pikachu stand on the switch.
- Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions (Japanese): Two revisions (v1.0 and v1.1) : Details are unknown
- Pokémon Crystal Version (English): Two revisions (v1.0 and v1.1) : V1.1 fixes a glitch in Battle Tower text, alters a delay loop, unintentionally corrupts Mobile Stadium graphics (however they are normally unused in the English version anyway), and adjusts some Pokédex page code. Also of note the Australian version of the game (in this sense it can be considered a third revision) adjusts some text related to the Game Corner without changing the language.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX : The Nintendo eShop Virtual Console release makes some minor changes to text, screen flashing (likely to address those with photosensitive epilepsy), and disables the Game Boy Printer options/features.
- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (English): Two revisions (v1.0 and v1.1) : Unknown changes. There is also a Nintendo eShop revision that disables the Game Boy Printer option and multiplayer related text.
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Versions: Three revisions (v1.0, v1.1, v1.2): These fix various typos such as Mawile being incorrectly referred to as Mawhile, the Togepi doll as a "Topgepi" doll, and text in Paras' Pokédex entry. There are some other text related changes as well. It also changed the mechanics of a different language Pokémon's name change on evolution. V1.2 fixes the Berry glitch.
- Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Versions: Two revisions (JP/EN each: v1.0, v1.1): In the English versions V1.1 fixes a Pokédex category glitch where Pokémon categories were restricted to one word (e.g. making the game refer to Pidgey as a "Tiny" Pokémon instead of a "Tiny Bird" Pokémon. The changes in Japanese V1.1 are unknown.
- Densetsu no Starfy 3: Two revisions (v1.0, v1.1): Changes are unknown other than in datamined development build text.