Author Topic: Kid Icarus Fans & Sites  (Read 25827 times)

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Re: Kid Icarus fans
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 04:16:52 AM »
Why work separately and compete with each other when you have the ability to work together to achieve the same goal? :eekdance: Just sayin' ;)
Ahmlink (and any other users on Wicarus and/or Icaruspedia) are welcome to contribute on Kid Icarus Wiki.

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »
Why work separately and compete with each other when you have the ability to work together to achieve the same goal? :eekdance: Just sayin' ;)
Ahmlink (and any other users on Wicarus and/or Icaruspedia) are welcome to contribute on Kid Icarus Wiki.

Well, if all merged into an independent (not advanced crap), then the wiki that this is about would be ready to be a NIWA member. NIWA does not care if it is advanced hosting- it is not independent. I strongly support a merge, but it would mean them leaving Wikkii and going to be independent with Wicarus.

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »
From what I gather from the Join NIWA page on the Hub, Wikkii, advanced hosting or not, is not classed as an independent host. I may be wrong, but I personally wouldn't call Wikkii's "advanced hosting" independent. It's still hosted by a wiki farm, after all.

So, if you're not willing to pay for hosting, the best option is really to merge to Wicarus. I'd love to see an independent Kid Icarus wiki join, but Wikkii doesn't truly offer independence. They may seem much better than Wikia now, but they still own the wikis, and if they wanted to, they could close down their advanced hosting, and you wouldn't have any say in it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:31:48 PM by Moydow »
NIWA Coordinator

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
Well, if all merged into an independent (not advanced crap), then the wiki that this is about would be ready to be a NIWA member. NIWA does not care if it is advanced hosting- it is not independent. I strongly support a merge, but it would mean them leaving Wikkii and going to be independent with Wicarus.
Kid Icarus Wiki won't shape its policies to fit into NIWA. The wiki is not dependent on NIWA, and its ultimate goal is not to join NIWA. Its ultimate goal is to provide Kid Icarus fans with an online community. Independence for the sake of independence is a rather silly idea.

So, if you're not willing to pay for hosting, the best option is really to merge to Wicarus. I'd love to see an independent Kid Icarus wiki join, but Wikkii doesn't truly offer independence. They may seem much better than Wikia now, but they still own the wikis, and if they wanted to, they could close down their advanced hosting, and you wouldn't have any say in it.
I understand and agree with this. However, advanced hosting does provide the wiki with the tools that it needs to develop a solid fan community. In the end, that's all Kid Icarus Wiki aims to do; joining NIWA is nothing more than a side objective.

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 01:49:48 AM »
If it does not want to join, then why is it being discussed?

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 05:37:35 AM »
If it does not want to join, then why is it being discussed?
At the beginning of the thread, you will see that those who suggested the merger are not members of Kid Icarus Wiki.

Of course, neither of our wikis is part of NIWA. As such, it would be best to avoid talks of our wiki on the NIWA forums. It would be disastrous if someone mistook either of our wikis as part of the organization when, in fact, the opposite is true.

It sounds if you do not support independence and/or a merge. Also, it sounds like you are referring to Kid Icarus Wiki as your own, when wikis are not property; only their server and domain name and crap like that are. Anyways, a merge would be great, but i do not like the current skin... dkpat?
In fact, you are the person who continued the discussion after the wiki explicitly said that merger discussions need not be discussed on these forums.

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
  • Talk to me. :)
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »
To be clear, what you call "independence for independence's sake" is why we created NIWA in the first place.

However, talk of the two merging is done. We don't need to argue here. If he doesn't see the point, he doesn't see the point. It's no my wiki, and so I won't waste my time launching into the many valid and overwhelming reasons why the two should merge, even if it's on another server entirely than anything currently existing.

This thread is now about what it is titled and the OP discusses - Kid Icarus fans and fansites.

Bureaucrat of

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »
Here is a blog about the 3DS in general. However, it does have a heavier emphasis on Kid Icarus than on other games.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 05:25:25 AM »
Here is a blog about the 3DS in general. However, it does have a heavier emphasis on Kid Icarus than on other games.

well...it does have Kid Icarus in the name.....  :laugh:

Offline Blake

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »
I think if you did merge(which would just be telling him to quit his wiki and join yours), the least you could take is the front page layout. That is amazing.

[mod]
This thread is now about what it is titled and the OP discusses - Kid Icarus fans and fansites.
[/mod]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:40:02 PM by Member#36 »

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Re: Kid Icarus Fans & Sites
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »
Okay, I concede. I am willing to discuss the terms of a potential merger with Wicarus. I have also contacted Icaruspedia (Wikia) to see if they are interested in merging. The release of Uprising should see the biggest surge in Kid Icarus fans ever; it would be a waste not to take advantage of that.

Offline Miles of SmashWiki

• Sinister Trivia Villain
  • SmashWiki Staff
  • "Trying to seem mysterious is my hobby."
    • View Profile
    • AllisBrawl profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 03:41:09 PM »
I look forward to seeing if you all can make some sort of merger into a site that will benefit all of the current sites' users.  Good luck!

Srsbsns is always lurking (?_?)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 09:59:39 PM »
I look forward to seeing if you all can make some sort of merger into a site that will benefit all of the current sites' users.  Good luck!

Good Luck as well!

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
  • Non-English Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 02:22:57 PM »
Excuse me. Isn't the site Kid Icarus Shrine considered a Kid Icarus fansite? Although, granted, it is mostly focused on merely the first game (since it is one of the host's video game shrines), and it doesn't really have a community. Regardless, this site is ridiculously full on info about everything about the original Kid Icarus. You might find the site's archives very helpful indeed.
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 04:49:06 PM »
Excuse me. Isn't the site Kid Icarus Shrine considered a Kid Icarus fansite? Although, granted, it is mostly focused on merely the first game (since it is one of the host's video game shrines), and it doesn't really have a community. Regardless, this site is ridiculously full on info about everything about the original Kid Icarus. You might find the site's archives very helpful indeed.
...That site hasn't been updated in ages, and it's dead as of now.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 05:12:41 PM »
...That site hasn't been updated in ages, and it's dead as of now.

That's sad to hear. I don't like it when fan sites die.....

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 05:25:45 AM »

I don't like it when wikis die. Anything happening in this department?

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 07:23:22 PM »

I don't like it when wikis die. Anything happening in this department?

No, not really. Ahmlink never contacted me back about a merge; the Kid Icarus wiki on Wikia would prefer to stay on Wikia; and my wiki is nothing without a community.

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 09:32:07 PM »
Sadface. Something must be done. I might be willing to lend a hand, especially if a merge happens. Let me know what I can do.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 11:03:05 PM »
Yeah it is sad; unfortunately, I really don't know what can be done. We and other NIWA users could continue to expand it, but the effort is futile without a genuine Kid Icarus community. I think the only hope is that Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS brings many new fans to the series.