Story of Seasons series
|Story of Seasons|
Story of Seasons, originally localized outside of Japan as Harvest Moon, is a series of farming and life simulation games originally created and developed by Victor Interactive Software, and currently owned by Marvelous.
Since its inception, the Bokujo Monogatari games have sold over ten million copies worldwide.
The original Harvest Moon was created by Yasuhiro Wada, based on his past experience with rural life. The game would be localized and published outside of Japan by Natsume, who would go on to localize subsequent entries in the series outside of Japan under the Harvest Moon brand.
In 2012, Marvelous chose to discontinue licensing the franchise to Natsume. Following this, in May 2014, it was announced that Xseed Games would be localizing and publishing the next core title in the series, Bokujo Monogatari: Tsunagaru Shintenchi, in North America under the new name Story of Seasons. Meanwhile, Natsume, who held the rights to the Harvest Moon name, would begin to develop their own original Harvest Moon games, starting with the release of Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley.
Games published by Nintendo
|Game||JP release||NA release||EU release||AUS release||KOR release||Platform|
|Harvest Moon GB||1997||1998||1998||N/A||N/A||Game Boy|
|Story of Seasons||2014||2015||2015||2016||2015||Nintendo 3DS|
|Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns||2016||2017||2017||2017||N/A||Nintendo 3DS|
The Story of Seasons series on other NIWA Wikis:
- XSEED Games Tells a STORY OF SEASONS on Nintendo 3DS. Xseed Games (May 28, 2014). Retrieved January 5, 2021.
- Classic Game Postmortem: Harvest Moon. GDC Vault. Retrieved January 5, 2021
- Marvelous Entertainment acquires Victor Interactive. GameSpot (March 24, 2003). Retrieved January 5, 2021.
- Harvest Moon And Beyond, What's Next For Natsume?. Siliconera (March 18, 2015). Retrieved January 5, 2021.
- Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley Announced. IGN (June 3, 2014). Retrieved January 5, 2021.