User talk:Toa 95
- 1 What Happened?
- 2 Hello
- 3 Opinions please
- 4 German NintendoWiki
- 5 Url problem
- 6 Template:Game Infobox
- 7 3 things
- 8 Why?
- 9 Bowser Jr.
- 10 Delete pages?
- 11 Deleting of images and a page
- 12 Cross-Wiki Weekend
- 13 Few Active Users
- 14 Image Classification
- 15 New User
- 16 Box Art in Other Releases
- 17 Inactivity
- 18 Pokémon Sun and Moon
- 19 Release Dates
- 20 ARMS Institue
- 21 Cross-Wiki Weekend Project Page
- 22 German NintendoWiki
- 23 NIWA in other languages
- 24 Mario Wiki
- 25 EiC congrats
- 26 Viperision asked me for a name change here (but from another wiki), but I can't do it
- It's certainly an interesting idea, though the sections that aren't games need some work (it isn't really obvious how some things are related to Nintendo in 2007).
- It's definitely better. So I guess Yoshiyuki Oyama was hired in 2007? That seems to be the only option I can think of...
- -Toa 95 (talk)
- He's listed as "Design Director" for Wii Fit, but I guess that isn't notable enough for listing in something like this. Feel free to add, remove, change, etc. to it, on that or anything else. Next I am thinking of doing 2005, and work my way down this category from highest member count to lowest. Tacopill (Talk) 01:28, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
- Not really. If we did that then people like Miyamoto should be listed on all of them.
- And I guess that works, though there will obviously be more games released on Nintendo's stuff in each year then what we currently have articles for.
- I more meant for years gone by rather than years to come; there were obviously more games released for the NES in 1985 than four (the NES had 18 titles at launch. In fact, perhaps that could be listed in the console template: number of games at launch?).
- Also, after seeing that there are articles for both versions of The Simpsons Game, should we really go that in-depth as to cover individual versions of a game? It's one thing to cover Smash for 3DS and Smash for Wii U individually since they have been considered as being individual games, and even that's debatable at best, but for something like this that's less dubious do we really need it?
- We actually have pages that cover if something like this gets one or two pages, please see Release management and General rules#Coverage & Scope. If neither of them help, then my questions are: is there enough content to warrant two pages? are they largely the same game, with some minor, mostly hardware, differences? etc.
- Tacopill (Talk) 22:04, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
- I was referring to the infobox. I admit "console template" isn't exactly specific.
- And policy is exactly what I'm getting at. Do we absolutely need to cover both versions of a game when the purpose of this wiki (from what I can gather) is just to provide a general overview? The pages you linked to really didn't help me, and there don't appear to be too many differences from what is put on the articles right now that warrant two separate pages.
- And for third party games in general, I have to ask: is it really absolutely necessary that we cover literally every game officially released on a Nintendo console?
- Ok, I added it to the Console Infobox.
- If there aren't much of a difference between them, then merge the two, with the sections & templates aligning as needed.
- Not everyone. We were just shooting for specific ones, like ones related to an affiliate, a best seller, player's choice, and/or one a editor requested.
- The problem with that is that editors can request literally anything, so "specific" once again becomes "literally everything".
- Honestly, I'm not sure organizing the template by "eras" is the best idea for organization. I feel like there should be individual sections for teams, and the founder and presidents could get their own I suppose, but that doesn't solve everything.
- As for the coverage thing, I'll try and bring something up on the main coverage thread, since that seems like the most appropriate place to put it (and no need to make a new thread when there's already a perfectly serviceable one).
- EDIT: Really, though, this about sums up my thoughts: that the extent of game coverage should be anything that Nintendo's published. Though that still leaves a few gray areas.
- Yea, there's always going to be grey areas. And I can agree to that rule, it is the same as being part of NIWA: Nintendo published it at least once, in at least one region. Like Mega Man II for the Original GB, published in North America by Nintendo in 1991.
- Tacopill (Talk) 00:01, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
- At the same time, there's also the CD-i stuff. Under this idea it would have to go since Nintendo had nothing to do with it outside of originally licensing their characters out to Philips, though I could see some arguing for it to stay because of what it is to Nintendo (or at least something like that, I guess. I don't really know...).
- Yea, CD-i's are controversial, among other things. We need to be careful exactly how to include them. We don't really care if it was canon or not, just if it was worked on and/or sold to the public.
- Well the idea is that the limit for software covered on here would be "published by Nintendo", and the Mario and Zelda CD-i games weren't even published by them, and ven if we ditch game articles I'd imagine there would be some who would want some form of CD-i coverage on here, given its history, even if its not a Nintendo console and even if we don't cover any of the games.
- Well Hotel Mario already exists as an article here, but if they're not going to be covered on here under the idea, then I suppose we could get away with a redirect to the respective wikis for search purposes.
- And thinking about it I guess we could just scrap the CD-i itself anyway, since it was never related to Nintendo to begin with aside from those four games; all we really need is a mention of the outcome of the licensing deal on the inevitable SNES-CD article.
Hello could you fix this template so that it displays the Japanese names in the same maner in jptitle, jptrans, jptrans2, and jptitle2 and so that caption2 works aswell. --Raltseye (talk) 13:14, 24 October 2015 (UTC)
1. When I go to special pages this error message appear at the top of the page can you do something about it?
2. Can you please empty this category I have marked some things there myself.
3. Shouldn't we have a interwiki-link on the latest changes page just like our german couterpart has? --Raltseye (talk) 21:39, 1 November 2015 (UTC)
Deleting of images and a page
Hello, since NIWA is holding this Cross-Wiki Weekend shouldn't we also highlight this by stating this in the Site Notice just like Pikipedia? Also while I'm at it shouldn't the Square Enix Wiki line be removed since that wiki is essensially dead? --Raltseye (talk) 19:19, 18 September 2016 (UTC)
Few Active Users
Do you know why there are so few people actively editing this wiki? You seem to do virtually everything. I don't know why the editors at Mario wiki don't help here. --Luigi 64DD (talk) 22:10, 19 September 2016 (UTC)
Well, in any case, I'll try to improve the wiki. Also, there is something I forgot to ask. I've noticed that some games that are only downloadable don't have any image on their articles. Would it be a good idea to put the game's logo as the image since they have no cover? Thanks! I'll use that template from now on.
Would images such as the below be classified as Game Logos or Cover Art? I think they are technically icons from the DSiWare shop.
Do you think it would be a good idea to put Image Galleries in game articles? I'm thinking box art from other countries, a screenshot or two, and maybe some official art. -- (talk - edits) 00:07, 25 September 2016 (UTC)
Well, I'll continue to add stuff. It seems like it's just you and me editing consistently. As for the galleries, I'll just add the box art from other countries. -- (talk - edits) 00:54, 25 September 2016 (UTC)
I noticed there's a new user. Am I allowed to create the user's talk page with the welcome template, or is that reserved for staff? -- (talk - edits) 03:49, 8 October 2016 (UTC) Ok -- (talk - edits) 03:55, 8 October 2016 (UTC)
Box Art in Other Releases
In the Other Releases section of articles, should an image of the game cartridge be used in place of box art if no box art exists/is available? -- (talk - edits) 20:56, 16 October 2016 (UTC)
OK -- (talk - edits) 21:41, 16 October 2016 (UTC)
Pokémon Sun and Moon
If a game has no release date shown for a given country on said game series' wiki, do you think it would be safe to assume it wasn't released in that country? I'm asking this to determine whether or not to switch out the "??" with "N/A" on series pages where this situation is applicable.
(talk - edits) 21:06, 27 January 2017 (UTC)
Cross-Wiki Weekend Project Page
- The update a disambiguation page was related to pages linking to Disambiguation Pages, so, basically update things that link to it. Also, might want to consider moving them to pages with the text "(disambiguation)" in the title. Tacopill (Talk) 02:47, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
I was wondering if there's any point in keeping the German NintendoWiki as an affiliate when it hasn't been updated for a long while and is not moderated. --Raltseye (talk) 16:11, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
- I don't believe we've removed any wikis for lack of activity before.
- -Toa 95 (talk)
- I don't know. It's not like we have a replacement.
- -Toa 95 (talk)
- No, but it's not like we explicitly need one either. If it's abandoned like this one seems to be to me, I think it's time we cut the strings to it as well. I my opinoin it looks bad to have links to a ghost site so to speak. We can always try to contact the admins of the site and if they don't reply, state that they have indeed abadoned the wiki or do not show any intrest in reviving it I think we should definitely cut the cord. --Raltseye (talk) 23:19, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
- -Toa 95 (talk)
- I'm just not sure about removing it. I suppose we can try to contact their staff and see what they would rather do with it.
- -Toa 95 (talk)
- That seems like a good idea before we do anything else, yes. --Raltseye (talk) 14:23, 10 November 2017 (UTC)
- -Toa 95 (talk)
- I guess a couple weeks or so?
- A more efficient way to do it is removing the interwiki link prefix de: from the interwiki link table, that efficiently renders all the links already present on articles including the main page useless. If we had a bot we could have made it remove all the links too. --Raltseye (talk) 14:56, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
NIWA in other languages
I just added this Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance#In other languages. Could you make the boxes show the right colors? The Italian Super Mario Wiki and German Nintendo Wiki do not have logos so if you could make them not show up at all, that would be nice. --Raltseye (talk) 17:55, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! Can I create an account? 22.214.171.124 13:05, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
Since you seem more active here, I'll post here. We haven't seen you much on Mario Wiki, your last edit there was in March. I don't remember if I've seen you on the WhosOnline or not recently, and you're hardly on Discord, so just wondering how you're doing. Alex95 (talk) 17:32, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, hey. I'm doing well, how about you?
- -Toa 95 (talk)
- Doing alright. Glad to see you're still around, as your Mario Wiki activity is being called into question. L151 said she tried to get a hold of you, but got no response. If you could check out the admin channel on Mario Wiki Discord and give an input, that would be good ^^ Alex95 (talk) 17:59, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
- Ah, yeah, sorry, I've just been focusing on some other things, I suppose. I really need to get back into doing wiki stuff again.
- Congrats Toa! ^^ From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 21:58, 15 June 2021 (UTC)
- Graduates to you too! -- PanchamBro (talk • contributions) 09:01, 16 June 2021 (UTC)
Viperision asked me for a name change here (but from another wiki), but I can't do it
According to User_talk:Torchickens#WiKirby_affiliation, Viperision wants to be called just Vipz. Can you do it on their behalf please? I think because you also have bureacrat rights you might be able to do this? On that note, can you also rename me to "Evie (Torchickens)" please? Thanks in advance. ^^ From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 20:07, 15 September 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry, but for some reason I can't access the user rename page, so unless something is done about that I won't be able to help with this.