• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

Non-nintendo Independent wikis | SONIC DOESN'T APPLY

Started by ganondox, March 04, 2010, 11:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurtwigA

Then I'll replace them to make it:
A network of independent wikis, brought together by being independent, aiming to bring wikis to be free of mandatory skins and the like by making them independent. And helping them get bigger by letting them join a network that the wiki fits in.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

tacopill

Quote from: TurtwigA on December 05, 2010, 01:25:21 AM
Then I'll replace them to make it:
A network of independent wikis, brought together by being independent, aiming to bring wikis to be free of mandatory skins and the like by making them independent. And helping them get bigger by letting them join a network that the wiki fits in.

much better. Hopefully Xizor approves of this one.  :P.

Anyway, back on topic.

Quote from: tacopill on December 04, 2010, 01:26:07 AM
Quote from: Maxite on December 04, 2010, 12:12:42 AM
I think the rule of best fit should apply: Are there other (possible) IWAs that franchise could fit in? If the answer is no, and the franchise is mostly based on Nintendo systems, then they would join NIWA. If the answer is yes, and the franchise best fits with NIWA, then it goes with NIWA, otherwise it goes the other IWA.

Currently, there are no other IWA's out there to begin with. So, you'd be stuck thinking of a wiki joining Hypothetical other iwa's, vs. joining us.

Now, i'm not saying that we would kick out a wiki we feel has better options out there; instead i think it would be up to the wiki. Should they join, then a better IWA comes along, will they:

1) Stay with NIWA
2) Leave NIWA for the other IWA
3) Stay with NIWA and Join the other IWA.

Personally, i like option #3; but that may make things more complex than other people out there may want.

Reposted for your convince.

Maxite

I know this isn't exactly in the purview of video games, but if we are somewhat aiming for more IWAs, wouldn't it make sense to promote an anime/manga related IWA? There are lots of anime/manga-related wikis, so having them form an IWA would be a nice boost to our cause.

KidIcarus

If NIWA wants to accept a Harvest Moon Wiki, it may want to consider this one.

Also, there is an independent Rayman Wiki.

tacopill

Quote from: vince220 on December 10, 2010, 03:55:16 AM
If NIWA wants to accept a Harvest Moon Wiki, it may want to consider this one.

Also, there is an independent Rayman Wiki.

cool. Thank you.

Malake256

Alright guys, I hope you know NIWA won't soon set a completely unbendable system. Meaning if a sonic wiki met certain criteria, it would still have a chance of getting in. It simply has to be discussed by staff first :]
My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)

BrandedOne

Quote from: Malake256 on December 13, 2010, 02:57:08 AM
Alright guys, I hope you know NIWA won't soon set a completely unbendable system. Meaning if a sonic wiki met certain criteria, it would still have a chance of getting in. It simply has to be discussed by staff first :]

Unbendable systems never work very well anyway :P

Malake256

Nope, they do not. We're looking for firm and flexible
My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)

Maxite

It might be best for NIWA to expand beyond "NIWA" before we add Sonic et al in.

Naesala

Quote from: Maxite on December 13, 2010, 05:18:21 AM

I thought sonic would join a sega IWA

BrandedOne

Quote from: Lord Ferrok on December 13, 2010, 05:52:09 AM
Quote from: Maxite on December 13, 2010, 05:18:21 AM

I thought sonic would join a sega IWA

First a sega IWA would have to exist.  I imagine that if one does come about in the future, a Sonic Wiki would probably be a founding member.

Axiomist

Well there is a Sega Retro group, and a wiki named Sonic Retro. Sonic wiki is much much smaller in comparison. I asked, but haven't gotten a response, about whether or not those two wikis are on good terms.

Naesala

Quote from: Axiomist on December 13, 2010, 04:03:06 PM
Well there is a Sega Retro group, and a wiki named Sonic Retro. Sonic wiki is much much smaller in comparison. I asked, but haven't gotten a response, about whether or not those two wikis are on good terms.

how many other series does sega have?

BrandedOne

Quote from: Lord Ferrok on December 13, 2010, 09:25:14 PM

According to Wikipedia, a whole bunch, but none have really been successful since they stopped making their own consoles (with a few exceptions, like Super Monkey Ball).

Solar Dragon

From Wikipedia:

After Burner  • Alex Kidd  • Altered Beast  • Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg  • Bonanza Bros.  • Chu Chu Rocket  • Columns  • Crazy Taxi  • Daytona USA  • Ecco the Dolphin  • Fantasy Zone  • Flicky  • Football Manager  • Golden Axe  • Hang-On  • The House of the Dead  • Jet Set Radio  • Landstalker  • NiGHTS  • Out Run  • Panzer Dragoon  • Phantasy Star  • Puyo Puyo  • Ristar  • Sakura Wars  • Samba de Amigo  • Sands of Destruction  • Sega Rally  • Sega Superstars  • Shenmue  • Shining  • Shinobi  • Sonic the Hedgehog  • Space Channel 5  • Space Harrier  • Streets of Rage  • Super Monkey Ball  • Total War  • Valkyria Chronicles  • Virtua Cop  • Virtua Fighter  • Virtua Striker  • Virtua Tennis  • Virtual On  • Wonder Boy  • Yakuza

Naesala

Quote from: BrandedOne on December 13, 2010, 09:42:18 PM
Quote from: Lord Ferrok on December 13, 2010, 09:25:14 PM

According to Wikipedia, a whole bunch, but none have really been successful since they stopped making their own consoles (with a few exceptions, like Super Monkey Ball).

wow, that's alot.

Maxite

Valkyria Chronicles is doing really well, and is one of the more anticipated Sega titles right now. I am seriously considering getting a PSP so I can play it.

tacopill

I just asked Sonic the Wiki if they are on good terms with Sonic Retro. Lets see what their response is.

SnorlaxMonster

Quote from: SnorlaxMonster on November 28, 2010, 05:03:15 AM
Quote from: tacopill on November 26, 2010, 07:39:20 PM
Also: Check out this post
I would just like to note that there are Pokémon games on non-Nintendo consoles. See this Bulbapedia template. There are 6 for PC, 2 for mobile phone, then there is even one for Sega Pico.
OK, so I just found out that there are more Pokémon games on Sega consoles. See this Bulbapedia template again; there are 3 Pokémon games for Sega Pico and 4 for Advanced Pico Beena.

tacopill

Quote from: SnorlaxMonster on December 20, 2010, 09:00:14 AM
Quote from: SnorlaxMonster on November 28, 2010, 05:03:15 AM
Quote from: tacopill on November 26, 2010, 07:39:20 PM
Also: Check out this post
I would just like to note that there are Pokémon games on non-Nintendo consoles. See this Bulbapedia template. There are 6 for PC, 2 for mobile phone, then there is even one for Sega Pico.
OK, so I just found out that there are more Pokémon games on Sega consoles. See this Bulbapedia template again; there are 3 Pokémon games for Sega Pico and 4 for Advanced Pico Beena.

Well, from the look of it, it seems they are educational games, so i consider it an allowable exception while they still qualify under what i said in the post that started this sub-thread.  :D