Site Notice
  • Please check our Coverage page to see what deserves an article and what doesn't.
  • Please welcome our first Editor-in-Chief, Toa 95! Congratulations!
  • Please no leaked content less than one year old, or videos of leaks.

Project Sora

From NintendoWiki, your source on Nintendo information. By fans, for fans.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sora Ltd.
Project Sora logo.gif
Predecessor N/A
Successor N/A
Founded 2009
Defunct N/A
Parent company / owner Nintendo, Sora Ltd.
Divisions / Subsidiaries N/A
Website N/A

Project Sora was a video game development studio based in Iidabashi, Tokyo, founded in 2009 by Satoru Iwata and Masahiro Sakurai. Nintendo held a 72% majority stake of the company, with Sora Ltd. and other companies forming the other 28% stake. The studio was formed for the sole purpose of developing Kid Icarus: Uprising, initially made up mostly of recruits hired by Nintendo for development of Sakurai's previous title, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, while new recruitment continued throughout development.

Project Sora was closed on June 30, 2012, following the game's release in March that year.

External links[edit]

Niwalogo.png
Project Sora on other NIWA Wikis:
Icaruspedia logo.png
Icaruspedia
Nintendo logo.png

Internal divisions
Subsidiaries
Owned / Affiliated Seattle Mariners* • The Pokémon Company • Warpstar Inc.
* - Former / Defunct

8-4 • AlphaDream* • Ambrella* • Argonaut Games* • Arika • Artoon* • Arzest • Bandai Namco • Capcom • Camelot • Cing* • Creatures Inc. • DeNA • DigitalScape • Eighting • Flagship* • Fuse Games* • Game Freak • Ganbarion • Genius Sonority • Good-Feel • Grezzo • HAL Laboratory • Hatena • Hudson Soft* • indieszero • iNiS • Intelligent Systems • Jamsworks • Jupiter • Koei Tecmo • Kuju • Left Field Productions* • Level-5 • Marigul Management* • Mistwalker • Monster Games • Noise • Paon • PlatinumGames • Q-Games • Rare* • Red Entertainment • Sega (Atlus) • Sora Ltd. • skip • Softnica • Square Enix • St.GIGA* • Syn Sophia • TOSE • Treasure • Vanpool • Vitei
* - Former / Defunct

Presidents
Managers, etc. Internal
Subsidiaries
  • NNSD: Yusuke Beppu
  • Monolith Soft: Hirohide Sugiura, Tetsuya Takahashi
  • 1-Up Studio: Gen Kadoi
  • ND Cube: Hidetoshi Endo
  • Retro: Michael Kelbaugh
  • NERD: Alexandre Delattre