|Parent company / owner||N/A|
|Divisions / Subsidiaries||N/A|
PlatinumGames Inc is a Japanese development studio based in Osaka, Japan. It was founded by and is mostly made up of key members of Capcom's former Clover Studio. The company's name comes from the studio's desire to "provide gamers worldwide with games of the highest quality", their logo being derived from "Pt", the atomic symbol for platinum.
Originally named Seeds, Inc., the studio was founded on August 1, 2006, by former major Clover Studio employees Atsushi Inaba, Shinji Mikami, and Hideki Kamiya after they had left Capcom. After the founding, Capcom shut down Clover Studio, with several more former employees transitioning to Seeds. Later, in September 2007, the studio merged with ODD Corporation, prompting them to change their name to PlatinumGames.
At the end of March 2016, company president and CEO Tatsuya Minami stepped down from his position and left the company, and was succeeded by executive director Kenichi Sato.
In February of 2020, as part of a series of four major announcements from the company, PlatinumGames announced that they would be opening a new development office in Tokyo. Originally slated to open in April 2020, the opening of PlatinumGames Tokyo was delayed to August due to the COVID-19 pandemic and national state of emergency declaration in Japan.
Games published by Nintendo
|The Wonderful 101||2013||Wii U|
|Star Fox Zero||2016||Wii U|
|Star Fox Guard||2016||Wii U|
|Astral Chain||2019||Nintendo Switch|
|Bayonetta 3||TBA||Nintendo Switch|
- ABOUT OUR NAME. PlatinumGames Inc. Official WebSite. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Clover Reborn. IGN (February 15, 2007). Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- CAPCOM | Press Release 2006. Capcom. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- Seeds officially changes their name to Platinum Games. Destructoid (September 28, 2007). Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- President of Star Fox Zero dev PlatinumGames steps down. Polygon (April 21, 2016). Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- PLATINUMGAMES TOKYO. PlatinumGames. Retrieved January 30, 2021.
- From President Sato’s Desk: A Cautious Advance. PlatinumGames (August 7, 2020). Retrieved January 30, 2021.