Kirby Super Star Ultra
|This article is a short summary of Kirby Super Star Ultra.|
WiKirby features a more in-depth article.
|Kirby Super Star Ultra|
Hoshi no Kābī Urutora Sūpā Derakkusu
Kirby's ultimate adventures!
- Tons of games in one! All-new adventures and revamped Kirby Super Star games await.
- Copy Kirby's foes to gain awesome abilities, or create a Helper to fight at your side!
- Adventure with a pal or take on up to three friends in touch-screen minigames!
Experience Kirby's ultimate adventure on the go.
•Run and float through a colorful sidescrolling world
•Lots of fun game modes add to the great value
•Bursting with game content & new adventures to unlock
Kirby's Ultimate Adventures!
Run, float and fight your way through the adventure games as Kirby, gulping down enemies as you go. Kirby can inhale enemies and spit them out as stars, but the main game play comes from swallowing foes and copying their abilities, then using the abilities to defeat other foes and advance past obstacles.
•With so many adventures waiting to be unlocked, there’ll never be a dull moment!
•Includes three new touch-screen-controlled mini-games that you can play with up to three friends via DS Download Play •The original modes found in the beloved Super NES game, Kirby Super Star are all here with updated graphics •You can even have a friend adventure with you as a Helper via local wireless!
All of the features of the original Kirby Super Star are present in this version, with the addition of several new games and features.
The new main games are unlocked after clearing the original six games and include:
- Revenge of the King: A harder version of Spring Breeze.
- Meta Knightmare Ultra: A playthrough of the first six modes as Meta Knight, whose gameplay is different from Kirby's.
- Helper to Hero: A mode similar to The Arena in which the player plays as one of the Helpers rather than Kirby.
- The True Arena: Similar to The Arena, players face off against ten bosses from the game's latter modes.
A number of new Sub-Games have also been added that make use of the Nintendo DS's touch screen:
- Kirby Card Swipe: Tap the card that appears on the top screen.
- Kirby on the Draw: Tap the enemy targets as they appear to earn the most points.
- Snack Tracks: Players must eat the most food running down the conveyer belt while tapping the worms and bombs to get rid of them.
In addition to this, two players with a copy of the game can play through the entirety of the game in multiplayer, one player playing as Kirby while the other is a Helper; if a player doesn't have a game, however, a "2-P Spring Breeze" mode is available using Download Play. "Group Sub-Games" mode allows up to four players to play the Sub-Games via Download Play.