Author Topic: Speculation time.  (Read 28724 times)

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
Re: Speculation time.
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 03:08:05 AM »
If it gets made, I'm probably going to be heavily involved in it. Anime and manga are more of my forte.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 05:58:53 AM »
Well I speculate that the community is going to be a bit sore until the staff get their A game on and realize that they created a community with a public face, and that you have to spend some effort in keeping that public face happy. If Xizor is too busy dealing with other matters, then another officer needs to be appointed (or elected) to handle the public face of NIWA in keeping them happy, informed, and organized, as well as getting them involved.

A little harsh, but the truth often is.

Anyway, since most of the things you bring up i agree with i will do my best to see that it gets done, if i haven't been doing so already.

Also tacopill: You use "me" and "I" a lot in your thread. Are you trying to hint at something?

Sorry, but no. I am not hinting at anything. I place I b/c 1) i feel more comfortable talking in the first person and 2) so no one accidentally interprets me as the spokesperson of the staff.

I am not an elected representative of this organization, nor do i have the authority to implement any good ideas you guys have.

*apologizes for the tone he has taken*

There is a ton of anime related wikis, and getting those to start up their own IWA would be another blow to Wikia and a big claim to fame for our cause. Not only that, but Bulbapedia has an extensive anime section, so they could arguably help set up that IWA.

We intend to. ;)

would the Kirby and soon to be F-Zero would be part of AIWA?

I would certainly like to see that.

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »
There is a ton of anime related wikis, and getting those to start up their own IWA would be another blow to Wikia and a big claim to fame for our cause. Not only that, but Bulbapedia has an extensive anime section, so they could arguably help set up that IWA.

We intend to. ;)

I can say this about F-Zero, with the state it's in now, no. Maybe in the not-so-near future it can be a possibility. We need people who have actually seen the anime apart from the clip where Captain Falcon falcon punches Black Shadow.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2010, 02:56:57 AM »

We intend to. ;)

I can say this about F-Zero, with the state it's in now, no. Maybe in the not-so-near future it can be a possibility. We need people who have actually seen the anime apart from the clip where Captain Falcon falcon punches Black Shadow.

This is true. Any one up for making a thread "Has anyone seen the F-Zero Anime"?

Offline Volatile Dweevil

• Pikmin Fanon Staff
  • Pikipedia Staff
  • I'm known as Volatile Dweevil on all NIWA wikis.
    • View Profile
    • Volatile Dweevil's Website
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 06:50:30 AM »
I have to say that although there are forums and such that have private information on them that would be best restricted, there is a huge amount of stuff on the staff boards that could easily be opened up for the rest of the users to view. I think there should be something like a "restricted" button/tag for staff members to hide certain information in comments. This way the non-staff members can tell what's going on in the conversation, but secrets/private info can be hidden.

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 09:23:58 PM »
my plan, and i hope other's will join/help me in this, is to:

1) help form SEIWA, pending KH Wikia revote.
2) help Archaic form an inter-IWA organization; with NIWA and SEIWA being it's first members.
3a) Contact other potential IWA's out there, to see if they would be interested in joining (Including a possible Sega one, and a Rare one).
3b) Help other IWA's form based on information i have been gathering here on the forums and in skype chats. (Yes, this would include CIWA), and when they are ready, have them join as well.

While i like the thought of NIWA of just opening our arms and inviting every wiki out there to be a member, i also realize that their should be a limit to how big we get and how inclusive we are;

Without some kind of limits in place, in my opinion, our current community would start to marginalize and divide itself, instead of become more united under a common interest.

(Not to mention, could you image what the main page would look like if we had twice or three times as many wiki's? the latter half of the alphabet would hardly get any traffic from here).

Anyway, this is my opinion and plan. What do you think?

I support this plan - the only thing is, the forming of other IWA's should be based on the decisions of the wikis that make up the IWA, not an outside influence (us).  Propose the idea to them, then sit back and watch as they make their decision themselves, helping them if they ask for help.  This seems like what we've been doing with KH Wikia, which is good.  Let's make sure we maintain this approach as we continue with this long term project.

I like the idea, but what is SEIWA?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »
my plan, and i hope other's will join/help me in this, is to:

1) help form SEIWA, pending KH Wikia revote.
2) help Archaic form an inter-IWA organization; with NIWA and SEIWA being it's first members.
3a) Contact other potential IWA's out there, to see if they would be interested in joining (Including a possible Sega one, and a Rare one).
3b) Help other IWA's form based on information i have been gathering here on the forums and in skype chats. (Yes, this would include CIWA), and when they are ready, have them join as well.

While i like the thought of NIWA of just opening our arms and inviting every wiki out there to be a member, i also realize that their should be a limit to how big we get and how inclusive we are;

Without some kind of limits in place, in my opinion, our current community would start to marginalize and divide itself, instead of become more united under a common interest.

(Not to mention, could you image what the main page would look like if we had twice or three times as many wiki's? the latter half of the alphabet would hardly get any traffic from here).

Anyway, this is my opinion and plan. What do you think?

I support this plan - the only thing is, the forming of other IWA's should be based on the decisions of the wikis that make up the IWA, not an outside influence (us).  Propose the idea to them, then sit back and watch as they make their decision themselves, helping them if they ask for help.  This seems like what we've been doing with KH Wikia, which is good.  Let's make sure we maintain this approach as we continue with this long term project.

I like the idea, but what is SEIWA?

SEIWA is the name we use for referring to the "Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance", that members of the Kingdom Hearts wiki are trying to form.

See the following links for more info.
http://www.niwanetwork.org/forums/index.php?topic=387.0
http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Square_Enix_Portal

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2012, 03:46:55 AM »
*bumping*

Woo... haven't posted here in a while.

If you aren't aware, SEIWA has been launched! Please check them out at http://www.seiwanetwork.org/.

Thanks everyone.

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »
It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no
content has been added, yet.
Looks like you're having a bit of a problem there. However, if I remove the "www", http://seiwanetwork.org/ works.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:52:01 PM by Moydow »
NIWA Coordinator

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 04:06:59 AM »
It works!

Looks like you're having a bit of a problem there. However, if I remove the "www", http://seiwanetwork.org/ works.

do you happen to know how to fix that?

Offline Tappy

• Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hyrule.net
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 04:14:57 AM »
It works!

You need to edit the Virtual Host file for seiwanetwork.org

Assuming you created them like I think you did you should be able to do:

Code: [Select]
nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/seiwanetwork.org

Add

ServerAlias www.seiwanetwork.org

After

ServerName seiwanetwork.org

Then save (reminder below):

CTRL + X
Y
Enter

/etc/init.d/apache2 reload

Done
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:16:34 AM by Tappy »
Webmaster of Hyrule.net (a mastermind of ZeldaWiki.org)

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2012, 06:06:38 AM »
It seems bulbagarden forums has been blocked...  I cannot access it, and I know for sure that the Nintendo DSi can't block it, and no filtering service is used at all.  It's not a blackout is it?  If it was, I'm sure bulbapedia would be blocked too.  There was a politics thread, is that why it was attacked?  A non-profit site, made of the most valuable customers of LISCENCED Pokemon merchandise.

A single layer BluRay can hold over 24 hours worth of footage at 60fps at 720p; a dual layer Blue Ray could hold all 15 Pokemon movies at 1080i, If thy release a BlueRay with just the four uncut D/P movies and all 4 uncut seasons, I'd buy it, assuming they've added a comentary for each one, (& subtitled Japanese commentaries)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:28:00 PM by tacopill »
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/

Odd, I can access it fine.
NIWA Coordinator

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
It works!

You need to edit the Virtual Host file for seiwanetwork.org

Assuming you created them like I think you did you should be able to do:

nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/seiwanetwork.org

Add

ServerAlias www.seiwanetwork.org

After

ServerName seiwanetwork.org

Then save (reminder below):

CTRL + X
Y
Enter

/etc/init.d/apache2 reload

Done

Alright done and implented. Let's hope it works.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:45:25 PM by tacopill »

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
Still not working for me.
NIWA Coordinator