Game Link Cable
The Game Link Cable is a cable that allows players to connect two Game Boy consoles and exchange information with them.
Some of its uses are for competing against other players. For example, in the Pokémon series, players can use it to battle other Pokémon Trainers with teams of Pokémon (characters based on creatures). Another use is for exchanging items or characters.
Since the release of the original Game Link Cable, there have been many variations.
Game Boy variations
- Universal Game Link Adapter
- Game Link Cable Adapter
- Universal Game Link Cable
- Four Player Adapter: Supporting up to four players (not just 1-2 players), but only a few games use it.
Game Boy Color variations
- Game Link Cable (Color)
- Mobile Game Boy Adapter (and Game Boy Advance): Supported multiplayer gameplay over the Internet with Mobile System GB using a mobile phone, for a fee (defunct).
Game Boy Advance variations
- GBA Game Link Cable
- Wireless Adapter: Connects to Game Boy Advance and serves as like a wireless link cable. It is supported by a few games, such as Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Versions.
- Infra Red Link Adapter
- Wireless Adapter (Game Boy Micro)
|This article is a stub. You can help NintendoWiki by expanding it.|