Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
|This article is a short summary of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.|
Super Mario Wiki features a more in-depth article.
|Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash|
Mario Tenisu Urutora Sumasshu
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is a Wii U installment in the Mario Tennis series, released in 2015.
Unleash your jump shots to take the advantage!
Up to 4 players
Use jump shots to leap into the air and return the ball with extra power.
In Mega Battle mode, grab a Mega Mushroom to boost your size and turn the game around!
Play a Doubles match with your amiibo!
Playing along side your amiibo figure will improve their stats and earn them new skills.
Challenge players from around the world in Online mode!
E3 2015 website
Mario Tennis comes to the Wii U system
Compete with friends in the multiplayer Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash game on the Wii U system. Along with the fun and dynamic gameplay known to the franchise, surprise your opponents with a new move to the series, the Jumpshot, which sends the ball flying down the court. Change the sport up with new Mega Battles, using the Mega Mushroom to gain an advantage over the competition. Claim your spot in Mario Tennis lore in singles (1v1) or doubles (2v2) as you play with and against family, friends or the CPU using returning and new characters to the series.
- Compete with friends in the multiplayer Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash game on the Wii U system.
- Play against friends and family in multiplayer matches.
- Play against friends and family in both singles (1v1) and doubles (2v2) matches as your favorite Mushroom Kingdom character.
- Control your character’s every movement on the court, using precise timing and the correct shot to outwit your opponent.
- Use the new Jumpshot technique to return shots like never before.
- In Mega Battles, get the Mega Mushroom to gain a “big” advantage over your competition.
- New characters make their Mario Tennis debut.
Most of the gameplay from past Mario Tennis games returns here. Elements such as Chance Shots from Mario Tennis Open return, while Jumpshots make an appearance as a new type of move. A new gameplay mode, "Mega Battles", has also been confirmed to appear, in which players can grab Mega Mushrooms to become giant, though regular tennis matches are also available. One or two players can also play online against other players.
By scanning an amiibo into the game, the player can play alongside or against them as a computer opponent, similar to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, which increases their stats.
- Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker Wii U Bundle Release Dates Announced. GameSpot (August 24, 2015). Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash file size. Nintendo Everything (November 1, 2015). Retrieved November 5, 2015.